Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

03 lancer oz rally

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 lancer oz rally

Hi I was wondering what is the best thing to do to get a 03 lancer oz rally to a 12 to 13 second 1/4 mile
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Sell it and buy a faster car.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:49 PM

I would like helpful tips
Old Aug 27, 2013, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Sell it and buy a faster car.
This or learn to use the search function
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsubishilover
I would like helpful tips
It's the most helpful tip you'll get.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 09:03 PM

I pity you.

First, the 2.0 4G94 isn;t strong enough to take a turbo, pistons are thin, rods and bearings weak. This you can find out by reading in the forums about engine mods.

Minimal horsepower gains can be gotten with lightened crank pulley, etc, but it's a lot of work for very little gain. Weight reduction elsewhere as you would, say, on a CRX, will leave you with a lighter car, a half second improvement, and a horrible ride.

'Buy a faster car' really means you should have bought a Ralliart, with the 2.4L has more potential, and since a turbo can be had, and not blow up the engine, this will give you some opportunity to mess around.

Ralliarts are a lot more $. There are reasons for this, good ones.

An Evo, of course, opens the door to a lot more fun, and a lot more money to spend.

The 02-06 Lancer is simply a simple car, slow, dependable, not too boring, and easily maintained. If you wanted faster, you shoudl have bought a Ralliart at least.

Sorry, but that's the short form. If you want to disagree, or press on and do everything you can, learn to search. Lots of good info here for you.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Wut? The engine can take a turbo, it just can't handle a **** ton of boost.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rickb928
I pity you.

First, the 2.0 4G94 isn;t strong enough to take a turbo, pistons are thin, rods and bearings weak. This you can find out by reading in the forums about engine mods.

Minimal horsepower gains can be gotten with lightened crank pulley, etc, but it's a lot of work for very little gain. Weight reduction elsewhere as you would, say, on a CRX, will leave you with a lighter car, a half second improvement, and a horrible ride.

'Buy a faster car' really means you should have bought a Ralliart, with the 2.4L has more potential, and since a turbo can be had, and not blow up the engine, this will give you some opportunity to mess around.

Ralliarts are a lot more $. There are reasons for this, good ones.

An Evo, of course, opens the door to a lot more fun, and a lot more money to spend.

The 02-06 Lancer is simply a simple car, slow, dependable, not too boring, and easily maintained. If you wanted faster, you shoudl have bought a Ralliart at least.

Sorry, but that's the short form. If you want to disagree, or press on and do everything you can, learn to search. Lots of good info here for you.
Have you done any research? There is a lot of 02-06 lancers out there that are turboed, myself included. I have been pushing 11-12psi for the past 2yrs posting 205whp with no problems on stock internals. Just switched to speed density and upped the boost to 14psi and plan on building the motor next spring. The 4g94 isn't the best option out there for a high horsepower car, the side walls are thin and not a lot of room to bore them out. But the internals can be upgraded and with the right turbo setup and tune, you could be over 300whp and i believe a couple guys on e85 hit around 400.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 09:18 AM

The advice I got was to avoid turbo. You said " the side walls are thin and not a lot of room to bore them out. But the internals can be upgraded and with the right turbo setup and tune".

So with a 'little' machine shop work, new moving parts, and careful turbo selection, you can get something out of the 94.

How much $, vs buying a Ralliart and starting with a stronger motor, though you would need an Evo to get a factory turbo? I'm thinking a RA is a better use of the $.

I don't get much advice to boost the 94 without serious work. And admittedly not many stock motors can take a turbo without improvements.