Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

What did you do to your Lancer today

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mivec20
WOT until heatsoak / rinse and repeat ;D
Someone probably hasn't seen all of my work lol... it's OK

Old Jul 29, 2015, 01:27 PM

MarkOJ1011 did you hijack this thread?

Pretty sure this is the "What did you do to your Lancer today"

WOT until heatsoak was merely me expressing what I did. It's not all about you bae.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think they actually know you did a full Evo swap haha I thought about doing it myself, but keeping her fwd with a turbo and just adding an Evo x to the family was a cheaper route lol.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mivec20
MarkOJ1011 did you hijack this thread?

Pretty sure this is the "What did you do to your Lancer today"

WOT until heatsoak was merely me expressing what I did. It's not all about you bae.
Lol then say so bae!

I like it being about me haha
Old Jul 29, 2015, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
I don't think they actually know you did a full Evo swap haha I thought about doing it myself, but keeping her fwd with a turbo and just adding an Evo x to the family was a cheaper route lol.
No one really knows haha because I stopped caring about a build thread a long time ago
Old Jul 29, 2015, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkOJ1011
No one really knows haha because I stopped caring about a build thread a long time ago
I only knew because I was researching and came across the name. You fully did it and one other was attempting it. A lot of respect on it man. The lancer scene is really starting to die off. Hardly anyone doing any builds lately. For sale section hasn't had anything in it for over a year
Old Jul 29, 2015, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
I only knew because I was researching and came across the name. You fully did it and one other was attempting it. A lot of respect on it man. The lancer scene is really starting to die off. Hardly anyone doing any builds lately. For sale section hasn't had anything in it for over a year
The Lancer scene is definitely dying. But that's expected, as the majority of us that do modify our Lancers fall into the category of casual tuner, as well as being financially incapable of committing to an extremely taxing automotive build. In short, if we really had the money, why the hell would we be messing with base Lancers for??

That being said, I am here rattling cages because the Lancer boards have been pretty much dead. And I'm bored lol!

Anyhoo, because Mivec20 made a very good point about this thread being about what we did to our Lancers today, I will post something I did very recently, so that he doesn't eat his keyboard out of frustration lol! (And at least I'm actually contributing to this thread, instead of saying vague bullsh*t about heatsoak)

New Koyo 2 inch core full size radiator with a new Mishimoto aluminum fan shroud with slim fan (not pictured: a 12 inch SPAL push type slim fan on the passenger side, in order to maximize cooling).

Take some notes for your heat soak, bae.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 03:14 PM

You're so edgy I LUV it
Old Aug 2, 2015, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by MarkOJ1011
The Lancer scene is definitely dying. But that's expected, as the majority of us that do modify our Lancers fall into the category of casual tuner, as well as being financially incapable of committing to an extremely taxing automotive build. In short, if we really had the money, why the hell would we be messing with base Lancers for??

That being said, I am here rattling cages because the Lancer boards have been pretty much dead. And I'm bored lol!

Anyhoo, because Mivec20 made a very good point about this thread being about what we did to our Lancers today, I will post something I did very recently, so that he doesn't eat his keyboard out of frustration lol! (And at least I'm actually contributing to this thread, instead of saying vague bullsh*t about heatsoak)

New Koyo 2 inch core full size radiator with a new Mishimoto aluminum fan shroud with slim fan (not pictured: a 12 inch SPAL push type slim fan on the passenger side, in order to maximize cooling).

Take some notes for your heat soak, bae.
Looks good. And never seen an exhaust cover that clean haha....Yea I burnt a hole through mine too much racing I think.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nz evo
Looks good. And never seen an exhaust cover that clean haha....Yea I burnt a hole through mine too much racing I think.
I refinished it... wire brushed off all the crap, and applied some aluminum engine paint. I'm trying my best to keep it looking street legal, even though it would be obvious to any cop that knows anything about cars that a 4G63T MIVEC engine has no business being in my engine bay.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I missed out on this build. How much did that run you MarkOJ1011?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SilentCool
I missed out on this build. How much did that run you MarkOJ1011?
Not much, since I did the work myself along with a buddy.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 05:59 PM

Question 08 lancer starter

Hi,

First time on here, just wondering who has changed their starter on their lancer?

Just looking for tips or tricks and where is it located? Been looking online for info, hadn't been much help yet.

Thanks !
Old Aug 6, 2015, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mat1
Hi,

First time on here, just wondering who has changed their starter on their lancer?

Just looking for tips or tricks and where is it located? Been looking online for info, hadn't been much help yet.

Thanks !
wrong thread to ask, it also helps if we know what model year car you have too
Old Aug 6, 2015, 07:12 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
wrong thread to ask, it also helps if we know what model year car you have too
Sorry! Not sure where to ask didn't come across a specific one, it's a 2098 gts, just out of warranty so going to fix some problems and possibly some mods.

Any suggestions of the best thread to post my question, I'm new to the forum world and looking through them all is crazy lol so many, thanks again!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Lancer today