Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: Install ebay fog lights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
dang thats alot of work for install of fog lights..... i got mine off amazon and bought a piaa harness cause the one tht came with my kitt was bad quality.... i basicly attached lights to bumper... instld quick disconnects their to make it easy to remove, ran wireing along the crashbar and zip tied mine to it behind so u cant see it.. power was tied to battery fuse is hiding beside the btry tray, cant see it and switch wire is running along fender and into the driver side door gromet where it goes inside.. i put my switch next to the dimmer switch and i had to run an adit power wire for the switch itself...
kinda easy to tap into cig lighter.. all my wires are nowhere visable no need to tap into fuse box like u did
Old Nov 10, 2011, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great write up! I have been watching the ebay sets and wondering if they were any good. Looks good, I'll definitely be getting a set and installing. Thanks for this.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 08:49 PM

was just wondering I got a lancer it didn't come with fog lights therefor i dont believe it would have a button to turn on. I want to install but how would i get them to go on and off?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by smoosh
was just wondering I got a lancer it didn't come with fog lights therefor i dont believe it would have a button to turn on. I want to install but how would i get them to go on and off?

Most of the kits come with button where you can install right next to your steering wheel.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:29 AM

thank you thiaggo1990
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:00 PM

great write up. my buddy is going to get these and asked for my help. shouldn't be bad now :P
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:10 AM
Mex

thx for the write up. fog lights installed, looking sick and working as intended. went with option 2 since I rarely use my high beams.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 08:36 PM

just installed my fog lights thanks for the help made it easy.. but my problem is now that everything was installed n it worked so i turned my fogs on took a pic and shut them off. I finished cleaning up everything went inside about 30 mins later i had to go so i was gonna check out my fogs see how they were looking.. bottom line my fogs didnt turn on. so after i came back i checked everything repeated the steps fuse was good etc etc. what could i of did wrong? btw my switch for fog lights lights up so i wouldnt think that the fuse for that is bad or anything
Old Apr 7, 2012, 06:17 AM

just installed my fog lights thanks for the help made it easy.. but my problem is now that everything was installed n it worked so i turned my fogs on took a pic and shut them off. I finished cleaning up everything went inside about 30 mins later i had to go so i was gonna check out my fogs see how they were looking.. bottom line my fogs didnt turn on. so after i came back i checked everything repeated the steps fuse was good etc etc. what could i of did wrong? btw my switch for fog lights lights up so i wouldnt think that the fuse for that is bad or anything
Check under the steering wheel if anything came loose. If the powered on, that means your connections were correct. Also check the switch because those are very fragile.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 06:18 AM

Where did you get your fog light kit?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 01:20 PM

my girl actually bought them for v-day just waited for a nice day to install them i believe auto city imports she said

Last edited by smoosh; Apr 8, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:56 PM

so i got my fog lights checked out by two different people and they both said it was the switch so does anyone know where i can get just the switch?
Old May 7, 2012, 03:58 PM

i know this is from a while ago, but does anyone know if you can get a replacement relay?
i hosed down my engine bay yesterday and too much water got into the fuse and relay. the fog lights worked this morning when i dropped my fiance off at work and as i was driving to work i noticed they stopped working. the relay didnt click on and theres corrosion and rust all over the terminals.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 02:36 PM

Do you tap into both the BLACK AND BLUE wires the ones connected to the side marker ??
i m using the second method (without poking the fire wall) !!

My main point is that i installed em and checked everything... and the fogs arent working !

Last edited by raymaster13; Aug 9, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:26 PM

hi

hi i just ordered those ebay foglights for my lancer, there's a few questions i wanted to ask... such as where should i plug the relay and fuse for the foglights? and will they still work even though i didnt plug the relay and fuse? im kinda new here so im still clueless hope that some1 would help me out....

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Install ebay fog lights