Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

H&R Springs vs. '04 Sportback LS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R Springs vs. '04 Sportback LS

Does anyone have this combination?

I received a set of H&R springs marked 52910-2 and specified for the Sportback on the label. Rears went on like they should, but the front coil (marked 52910) diameter is about 1" smaller than OEM. I called H&R and they're looking into it, but couldn't promise a solution since the application has been discontinued. My only guess is that these could be for the Ralliart. (I also purchased KYBs all around and their site shows the same rear shocks, but different front struts for the two wagons).

Anyone know the spring diameter for an '04 Sportback Ralliart? What about the ES sedan?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Well, according to the FSM, Ralliart spring diameter is the same. The ES diameter is the only one that varies - and it's virtually the same difference of what I am measuring (22mm smaller). I wasn't aware that H&R made springs for the ES

I am still waiting to hear back from H&R.

In the meantime, can someone running H&R springs on any '02-'06 sedan/wagon confirm the part number painted on the front coils? The spring diameter would be nice too... Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

H&R says I'm SOL since they're discontinued. They have approved a return though. Before I ship these back, anyone want to try them on an ES?
Old May 17, 2012, 02:36 AM

I just put my order for a set of Tein STech spring for 06 Oz Rally and keep my fingers crossed that they'll fit into my Lancer Gala 05. Here in asia they used different strut With part number 4060A320 so i have no idea if it's equivalent to an es or oz in the US. Anyway Tein website says that from 2005 onward, mitsu used the same set up for both OZ and ES so I gave it a bet. At least my wheel is 4x114.3 so probably the other suspension parts Re in the same league with the Oz.

I also bought some front and rear lips in my trip to Thailand over the weekend dirt cheap so i'll post pic once they're all settle on my ride.

Will keep u update
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:49 PM

Here's the update guys.

Put a set of 06 Oz tein Stech onto my lancer yesterday and luckily they're fit.

Hiwever, the drop was not impressive while the ride terribly suffered.

I'm having it alignned right now but not much hope is put in. The rude is very bouncy, dont know while. I know sport springs are meant to be stiff but bouncy, huh poor me.

Now i'll wait for another few days for spring ti settle in but if they dont stop bouncing, i'll go back to stock and save for a set of coilovers. Thanks