Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Front brake noise GTS 2009

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front brake noise GTS 2009

GTS 2009

When I apply the brake "hard" 3-4 times or when I need to brake a lot down a hill (normal driving) the front brake will make a loud tick-tick-tick (pretty much 1 tick per revolution) then go away after couple second as i speed up. Seems to only append when brake gets hot... Again, I'm not on track, normal everyday driving.

Stock brake, ~50% wear

I did removed/clean/check all pads, check disks. Nothing special.

I will go to dealer even if they will probably say it's normal... but I want some input before.

Thanks.

Edit: Its not the normal ABS noise ! No emergency braking... normal braking.

Last edited by zxac; Apr 18, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:42 PM

I think I've come across this before.. Probably... I decelerated from a very fast speed down to "not so fast", and afterwards, the brakes were extremely wobbly, as if ABS were on. My best guess as to what happened was that the rotors got too hot, started warping, and the brake fluid got close to boiling. It seems like an extreme scenario, but it's the best guess I have.

I'll be tracking my car in a few weeks, and I just bled in some high-temp brake fluid, so if this doesnt happen on the track, it was probably the brake fluid that was getting close to boiling. Will post back here on how the brakes hold up (Original rotors and pads because I'm cheap).
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:23 PM

So you could not find any abnormalities in the rotors or pads? No chips or damage? Have the rotors been checked for any warping? Do your pads have wear indicators? (could be hitting slightly on hard braking..)

Check these things and get back to us.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:43 PM

Yes everything is fine and look good (car has 30k kms). Can be ABS/etc related. Sounds like ABS pulsing but very slow and louder and pedal feel not good (a normal driver would pull over saying AHHH WTF HELP !!!!) But 99+% of the time the car will brake like the first day i got it new from dealer. I will go to dealer eventually and post back.