Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

Clutch pedal help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch pedal help!!!!

So I've searched around the forums for an answer to my problem but I can't seem to find it. Ever since I got my 02 lancer es till this day, I've had to keep pressing the clutch deeper in order to shift. It's now to a point where I have to press it all the way down just to move the shifter and once I move it just a hair, the clutch starts to grip. The pedal it self has half of its travel soft, then it has pressure like normal and once it's all the way to the floor is when I'm able to shift. The clutch isn't slipping, rattling or making noises. The pressure feels the same from when I first got it a year ago. Do I need to buy a clutch kit or is it a loose cable or a nut that needs tightening? And if there is a forum already on this with a solution please post a link to it. Thank you everyone.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
bleed the clutch...

over time, as the clutch disc wears, the engagement point should come closer to the resting position of the clutch pedal because the clutch disc is thinner.