Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Buschur exhaust fitment

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2002, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Buschur fitment issue

GOOD NEWS: i got my buschur racing catback exhaust on
BAD NEWS: a) i can't get it centered in the cut-out on the bumper b) when i do get it centered it hits the sway bar constantly any ideas

right now it is centered but it hits the sway bar i am only using one of the mounts currently because the bolts it shipped with were not long enough i have to buy more but when i do get the correct bolt i will still only have 2 mounts as opposed to the 3 the stock one used both of these are on the same side of the muffler (passenger) thus pulling my muffler off center of the cut-out if anyone has any idea how i can somehow mount the exhaust to the 3rd mount witch is more drivers side i am all ears

Last edited by pjal84; Dec 1, 2002 at 04:46 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2002, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

bring it to a local muffler shop and have them bend it a little so it doesn't hit sway bar...should cost you like 10 bucks at the most.
Old Nov 28, 2002, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

bend my precious 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust system? surely there is an easier way
Old Nov 28, 2002, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by uranium9v
bring it to a local muffler shop and have them bend it a little so it doesn't hit sway bar...should cost you like 10 bucks at the most.
This is the easiest way to do it. i guess unless u wanna get under there and mess with the mounts to try to bend them. it's not gonna be easy. all the muffler shop is gonna do is heat up the muffler/piping weld and pull down the muffler so it doesn't hit anything. good luck
Old Nov 28, 2002, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

talk to hobie kopek and let him know of your problem, he also has a buschur exhaust and he put it on himself, maybe he can give you some pointers . . .
Old Nov 28, 2002, 10:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The bolt issue and centering issue were both in my review. I do not have an aftermarket sway bar however. That issue I can't address beyond what's already been told. If you're truly and desparately concerned about the centering you can strap it to the 3rd mount (which is what I did as a temporary fix cuz I'm a lazy bastard), take some sandpaper to the piping and inside of the muffler to keep it from shifting, weld it in place, or weld another hanger on. There are plenty of options. You could always talk to David Buschur too if you have serious concerns or problems. Don't drive around with the muffler touching or too near the bumper though because it WILL melt and fast.

Wish I could help with the sway bar, but that may be part of your centering issue too. I'm assuming you have a progress sway bar on and not the stock. If not, just turn the muffler on the piping until the tip sits properly and hold it in place when you tighten the horseshoe clamp again. Hope that helps.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

now i sound really messed up i have the stock sway bar but i am gonna do what u said about the welding of the muffler to the pipe, that will hold it in place, when i get it just right it doesn't hit anything and it is centerd trick is just getting it to stay there thanks hobiekopek
Old Nov 29, 2002, 09:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The only reason I would say not to weld it to the piping is because you won't be able to remove it. It's probably the best option for permanance though. Overall do you like the exhaust? Personally I don't think the sound can be beat. Please post a review from your point of view. It's always good to have another point of reference.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 02:00 PM

heyhae either of you dynoed yourcarswith and without the buscher, i would like to know wht it does powerwise
Old Nov 30, 2002, 02:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Run a search for "Buschur & dyno" or search Import Tuner's website. Import Tuner dynoed them. Don't take this too personally, but it seems really stupid to dyno an intake and exhaust for an everyday Joe if you ask me. Dyno time is not free unless you have some sort of hookup. Also considering the mild nature of bolt-on mods the results aren't really worth paying to see.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 03:08 PM

yeah i know, main reason i was askin is because i was wondering if someone had a hookup. I don't, but if i did, i would dyno every mod just to help everyone else out. i also have this wierd obsession with getting the best available or at least the best i can find, without buying them all. i'm not rich either
hmmm import tuner you say,.......thanks