Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Somebody Help. I'd Rather Not Die lexus gs300 problems

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somebody Help. I'd Rather Not Die lexus gs300 problems

Ok. I've went looking everywhere for info on what my problem could be, but I think after 10 years, my Lexus is about to die. I'll describe my problem as best as I can.

When I first start driving there is no noticeable shake in my steering wheel, but as time goes on, it starts acting up.

I've noticed that it usually starts as I go up or downhill and then once it starts it doesn't go away until I stop the car and let her sit for alittle while, but sometimes that doesn't do it either.

Another thing I've noticed is that it kind of sounds like I'm running on a flat when the car starts shaking. The steering wheel shakes violently on the highway and when I get on the brakes to slow down it becomes even worse and you can actually... hear? the shaking. It's that bad. The brake pedal shakes/pulsates pretty violently as well when this happens.

The thing that gets me most is, sometimes I don't get any shake or pedal vibration/pulsation at all, regardless of how long I've been driving.

I'm so confused on this one. I get steering wheel shake and I can also feel vibration in the pedals. I don't understand.

What could it be? Somebody please help

BTW, I had my tie rods and LBJ replaced around 94K miles and I'm closing in on 136K miles as of now. I'm very low on money as I am a full time college student that's only working enough to get by.

I appreciate any and all help. Thanks guys.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is your gas light on? Cause if it is you prolly need to fill up your tank.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

No, Morgan... My tank is full, always.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
check your tire's see if they are wearing out in a weird way that where you should start at.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Will do. I actually do need new tires. There's basically no tread left on them. Hope I don't have a blowout anytime soon.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:17 PM

sounds like you have multiple symtoms there buddy. pulsating brake pedal while braking are warped front rotors. might have to replace them, also replace your brake pads too. you possible might need to get your wheels/tires checked. make sure tires aren't out-of-round, that right there can actually make your car shake real loud and get your wheels balanced. check for bent rims.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:22 PM

another question i would like to ask is, does the car have a rumble sound when driving like whoos whoos sound kinda? just wanted to know because i see you drive a 2000 gs300. lift your front end of the vehicle up and shake/rock the wheel (12 and 6 o'clock position). if there are play then you will need a new hub and bearing assembly.(from previous experience...toyota/lexus technician here)
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:31 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by mr.saechao
another question i would like to ask is, does the car have a rumble sound when driving like whoos whoos sound kinda? just wanted to know because i see you drive a 2000 gs300. lift your front end of the vehicle up and shake/rock the wheel (12 and 6 o'clock position). if there are play then you will need a new hub and bearing assembly.(from previous experience...toyota/lexus technician here)
Who are you?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

pee in the gas tank
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:08 PM
Ranger's Robin

Originally Posted by bcollinstex
pee in the gas tank
Get your ******* **** outta my chrysler!
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:33 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds like it might be a busted engine mount.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
My guess would be some sort of worn rubber bushing. When you go uphill, it hits the angle with the most play and shifts and then stays that way because by that point it is all hot and squishy. I had a similar problem with my car, turned out to be a combination of a couple worn bushings plus a slightly bent rim. This was at about 50k miles.

I blew a motor mount in the same car (at <1000 miles WTF) and it was more dependent on motor speed than road speed.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

I second the warped rotors and bad engine mount.

Have someone watch the engine while you sit in the car, put it in reverse and drive while braking and giving it gas. Switch back and forth a few times. If the engine seems to rock WAY more than it should, you have just diagnosed said concern.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

needs more mad tyte jdcm.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:28 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by shvc1991
No, Morgan... My tank is full, always.
thats your problem right there

Quick Reply: Somebody Help. I'd Rather Not Die lexus gs300 problems