Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Focus RS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by nemsin
Next time trying speaking directly with the Fleet Manager. Walk in knowing what you are willing to pay and have your financing already approved.
Yeah, I used to think Fleet was off limits to "'normal" people. I don't even mind paying for a particular car if it's in demand. I just done want to treated like crap or have to deflect all the games.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I called the closest Mitsubishi dealer (100 miles) when looking for an Evo. I was told, "Come here and you get to drive one." I went. There were two in the showroom, one yellow and one red. I liked the red.

During the drive the salesman said, "You fit the profile of a buyer." Huh?

A week later I was back. The salesman said two parties had tried to purchase the car I drove but they were told the car was sold. Typical salesman BS I figured. When I stepped into the office all the paperwork was done with my name on it. Fifteen minutes after arriving I was on the road home with a new car.

I've purchased other new cars but have only had this experience once. But it shows it can be this way.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by barneyb
I called the closest Mitsubishi dealer (100 miles) when looking for an Evo. I was told, "Come here and you get to drive one." I went. There were two in the showroom, one yellow and one red. I liked the red.

During the drive the salesman said, "You fit the profile of a buyer." Huh?

A week later I was back. The salesman said two parties had tried to purchase the car I drove but they were told the car was sold. Typical salesman BS I figured. When I stepped into the office all the paperwork was done with my name on it. Fifteen minutes after arriving I was on the road home with a new car.

I've purchased other new cars but have only had this experience once. But it shows it can be this way.
Was it at the end of the month?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

The Once and Future competitor for the Focus RS?

https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/why-t...mitsubishi-evo
Old Oct 22, 2016, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by moparfan
Was it at the end of the month?
Better than that, they were going out of business. They gave me a super deal and when I returned a few months later, they were gone. So apparently, just trying to clear inventory.

Remember, back then, other than the Evo, there wasn't much on the Mitsubishi lot one would want to buy. Well, actually, no need to remember, it is the same today.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 09:37 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Just saw a blue one drive by with uber stickers on the windows. Only the second one I've seen so far.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by .M.
Just saw a blue one drive by with uber stickers on the windows. Only the second one I've seen so far.
Was talking to a FoST Uber driver yesterday who thought he had the fastest Focus Uber car....

Does that mean you can write the car off as a business expense???
Old Oct 24, 2016, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
I think it would be a bit more tricky to just write the whole car off as a business expense. Doesn't seem like a good idea to use the gas hog evo as a uber car. I would think it might eat into your profits a little to much.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:54 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by whtrice
Was talking to a FoST Uber driver yesterday who thought he had the fastest Focus Uber car....
Maybe in that area
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Not really all that impressed w/ the RS.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
I had same issues with ford when trying to buy wife a focus ST a few years ago. Went in and knew we were cool with X-plan pricing. Test drove car and wanted to work out deal specifics and guy was like no we cant go any lower than MSRP but they graciously took off the ADM (On a regular ol focus ST?!). Then the salesman tried to ask my wife about her budgeting and told her "the actual monthly payment would be easily made up just by skipping a couple lattes a month".

What?! You stupid mother effer, we both have masters degrees, make over 200k/yr, 800+ credit... WE ARE SMARTER THAN YOU... Eat a ****.

We went to Subaru and got treated with nothing but respect throughout the process (CARR Subaru in Oregon). So far ford has been the worst experience with some old dude who's clueless trying to make sales and Audi has been the best. Subaru and VW were a close second for me.

So...you knew going in you had special pricing lined up and got mad when they told you you couldn't get it any lower? The whole point of that X plan A plan jazz is just that, one price for people who are suppliers, factory workers, etc... But I guess since you are smarter and make more money you are entitled to more, right?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 08:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 738 Likes on 571 Posts
I didn't ask for more, I asked for X-plan. Re-read what I posted. "WE WERE COOL WITH X-PLAN PRICING"
Old Oct 26, 2016, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
I didn't ask for more, I asked for X-plan. Re-read what I posted. "WE WERE COOL WITH X-PLAN PRICING"
Ahhh, okay now I get it. Even still it is their discretion to sell the car at that price or not. Can't expect a GT supercar or GT350 to go at that price either. But I get a lowly ST shouldn't be an issue. Only 4000 other Ford dealers to check on.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 08:18 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
So...you knew going in you had special pricing lined up and got mad when they told you you couldn't get it any lower? The whole point of that X plan A plan jazz is just that, one price for people who are suppliers, factory workers, etc... But I guess since you are smarter and make more money you are entitled to more, right?
I think he's saying he was willing to pay X-plan, but the sales guy said no. Then the sales guy tried to convince them MSRP wouldn't cost them that much more.

Quick Reply: Focus RS