Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Chicago Theft FAILED on my EvoIX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn son! Sorry this happened... look like he took a crowbar to the ignition!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm also curious where on the northside, and was yours in a garage or on the street? i mean, how far are these a$$clowns willing to go to get at the car...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BadKarmaCreepin
i'm also curious where on the northside, and was yours in a garage or on the street? i mean, how far are these a$$clowns willing to go to get at the car...
im about 2 miles west of wrigly Feild, it was parked on the street. But honestly this week i went ***** deep into security on it. got the NRG removable and locking steering wheel. fixed the alarm they broke They didnt even find the other alarm, LOL and i doubt anyone could also put in a second siren thats hidden and Revelco is coming out today to install the Revelco switch for me in a hidden area on the car, not to mention the other doodads i put on it this week. Also its now being parked in a ADT protected garage with a Cell Hook up so they cant cut the phone lines, i think its pretty safe now.
And if all that fails, i have my own Home defense weapon a 5 shot 12 gauge filled with rocksalt wont kill ya but will tear ya up dam good.
Just kinda sad you have to go thru all this just to protect a car... But on the other hand it was a GREAT excuse to get the New MOMO wheel i wanted LOL.

Last edited by blowngasket; Mar 23, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm a huge fan of hooking the Harbor Freight dual-airhorn kit up to the siren output of the alarm. Put one in a wheel well and the other under the dash, and the thief won't want to stick around for long.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vivid Racing
I'm a huge fan of hooking the Harbor Freight dual-airhorn kit up to the siren output of the alarm. Put one in a wheel well and the other under the dash, and the thief won't want to stick around for long.

that sounds like a good idea maybe ill add another. i got one of them 120db sirens now it runs off a 12V motor that spins a blade in a valute its Freaking LOUD.Sounds like A air strike lol!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad they didn't succeed (same thing happened to mine 2 years ago) but I have to facepalm every time this happens and people on here think it's a good idea to discuss specific alarms/deterrents. Pretty sure the thieves are tech-savvy enough to be on evom guys.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blowngasket
im about 2 miles west of wrigly Feild, it was parked on the street. But honestly this week i went ***** deep into security on it. got the NRG removable and locking steering wheel. fixed the alarm they broke They didnt even find the other alarm, LOL and i doubt anyone could also put in a second siren thats hidden and Revelco is coming out today to install the Revelco switch for me in a hidden area on the car, not to mention the other doodads i put on it this week. Also its now being parked in a ADT protected garage with a Cell Hook up so they cant cut the phone lines, i think its pretty safe now.
And if all that fails, i have my own Home defense weapon a 5 shot 12 gauge filled with rocksalt wont kill ya but will tear ya up dam good.
Just kinda sad you have to go thru all this just to protect a car... But on the other hand it was a GREAT excuse to get the New MOMO wheel i wanted LOL.
Damn man, I'm about a block east of Wrigley, I'm way too scared to park mine on the street over there. Get one of those garages you can rent!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jax419
Damn man, I'm about a block east of Wrigley, I'm way too scared to park mine on the street over there. Get one of those garages you can rent!
Lets build a garage where our parking spot is lol
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Glad you were smart and protected your investment against the thefts!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:34 AM

I think that's awesome. Great idea on being smart and having TWO alarm systems... Just imo, be careful posting on here telling that stuff. Now this dude for sure knows you have two! hahaha, he might come a little more "prepared" next time!

But then again, it sounds like you set it up around a fortress with your ADT security hahaha
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fingjosh
I think that's awesome. Great idea on being smart and having TWO alarm systems... Just imo, be careful posting on here telling that stuff. Now this dude for sure knows you have two! hahaha, he might come a little more "prepared" next time!

But then again, it sounds like you set it up around a fortress with your ADT security hahaha
yea i went above and beyond the two alarms now, even if parked somewhere it wont get taken trust me. i went all out on security for it not even Nick Cage in Gone in sixty seconds could gank this car.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Im glad you car is ok but I'm with Blitz, posting it here of all places is a catch 22. On one hand you are helping out others by sharing a deterrent method that worked for you while on the other, the theif could be gathering that same info to be better prepared the next time (including the extra things you plan to add).

To others that posted where they live, that was a terrible idea. Be careful, be paranoid, be prepared!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

honestly i could tell the whole world i have a Revelco, and unless he has 3-4 hours of time and his own harness he aint getting my car. The Revelco is that good, i watched the dude install it and i must say it is quite a process. you can always tell your deterants, but dont give away the details of locations or models of your alarm[s] or throw up a JPG of the wirering diagram. I have absolutly no worry of it getting ganked from me, i went way out of control with security on it.

Last edited by blowngasket; Apr 23, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old May 24, 2012, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

still i think hooking up a c4 that triggers when your ecu is detached would be better for them. But over all it is a nice change to hear good but bad but semi good news? mine wasnt so lucky
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to hear you still have your car after this. Good info here for alarms. Some one tried to steal my evo once but it was all taken apart and not in running and driving condition. They got away with my AMS turbo back exhaust though.

Quick Reply: Chicago Theft FAILED on my EvoIX