Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Brake question, passenger side getting hotter

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2008, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake question, passenger side getting hotter

What would make my passenger front be heating up more then the driver front? Is it because of the layout of spring mountain? The hot pressure in the tire always seems to be higher on the pass side, and the air is REALLY hot coming out when bleeding. Also the caliper on the pass side is turning brownbo ALOT faster then the driver. Drivers side actually still looks pretty normal. Anyone have any ideas? Im running Motul fluid, PFC 2 piece rotors, goodridge lines and ds2500 pads. Suspension is stock bilsteins with swift MR springs. Ordering a set of dedicated track pads for up front soon, pf97's or 01's most likely.

Thoughts?

Last edited by 20psiMR; Apr 22, 2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Forgot to add, I dont trail brake at all. I stab them hard before apex, downshift, and turn in. Accelerate out. I know spring mountain does have a couple long left sweepers that I am getting alot of tire squeel out of, could that be it? Turn 3 before ego comes to mind.

No brake fade whatsoever, havent had any problems. Just curious.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

have you taken the dust guards off?
I dont think I would worry about it as long as it is not a safety concern in a way that it would not allow you to control the car..
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 20psiMR
Forgot to add, I dont trail brake at all. I stab them hard before apex, downshift, and turn in. Accelerate out. I know spring mountain does have a couple long left sweepers that I am getting alot of tire squeel out of, could that be it? Turn 3 before ego comes to mind.

tire squeal could be coming from ALOT of stuff....
alignment, tire pressure, tire temps.....however usually its to much speed through the corner for the tire.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 20psiMR

tire squeal could be coming from ALOT of stuff....
alignment, tire pressure, tire temps.....however usually its to much speed through the corner for the tire.
Tire squeal is a good thing anyways Chris
Old Apr 23, 2008, 01:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
My passenger side caliper is black while my drivers side is still a very very very dark red.

Normal. Seen it on all the real track evos here. Minus the RS's.

My theory is that the ABS center is closest to this caliper... I could be totally wrong in that theory though.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Nope havent taken the dust shields off, and heard you shouldnt or you could burn up the ABS wire. Next on the agenda looks like Kyles brake cooling kit hehe. The rotors do seem to help, after 3 full track days thats not very brown. Ive been really good at just stabbing the brakes and not riding them though.

Thanks Bryan, makes me feel like Im doing something right if thats a normal occurence then hehe.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
My passenger side caliper is black while my drivers side is still a very very very dark red.

Normal. Seen it on all the real track evos here. Minus the RS's.

My theory is that the ABS center is closest to this caliper... I could be totally wrong in that theory though.
+1

I have an RS but all the tracked ABS cars I know burn through pads quickest on the passenger front, usually the inside.

In fact, looking back through a couple videos, I tend to lock the passenger front first. I think that the brake line from the proportioning valve to the passenger front is shortest on the RS.

Also, the correct order for bleeding is passenger front last, so that's another clue that it's the shortest line.