Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2018 WTAC / Tilton Interiors Racing Evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still going to have to agree with Nate on this one. Anything is possible with enough time and the desire to win.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
I think trying to compare which car is more stock at that level is pointless.

To me, there's only two category. Street car and track car.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's HPDE cars and race cars. If you are constantly tracking your car and don't have proper safety equipment, especially at competitive speeds, you're just dumb.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

dang, i've been in a stock R8 in DE doing 160 mph at pocono.
i think almost 150 mph in a stock Vanquish at Thompson too.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Evos continue to prove that they are some of the fastest track cars in the world. Congradulations to the whole Tilton Interiors team

Anyone complaining of how these cars are too far removed from stock does not understand the Pro Extreme class. Plenty of evos dominating the Pro and club levels as well.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Another article I saw today on the Tilton Evo.

http://autoaction.com.au/feature-skin-wtac-racer/
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
"Every aspect of this dedicated racer is designed for one sole purpose: the fastest single flying lap possible for a car with four doors and a roof."

Love it.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by codgi
Ding, ding, ding! . I'm actually stoked that teams continue to spend that kind of money to push Evos as they have. At those price points it seems to me that you could take a GT-R which have better aerodynamic shapes OEM than a 4 door rally sedan, bigger engine etc. and get better results.
If you look at the top tier GT-Rs in the World in the GT-R class on *slick* tires they were drastically slower than the top Evos. The GT-Rs have advantages and huge disadvantages. They are insanely heavy, and even pushing 1000+ whp on slick tires were a few seconds off the Tilton car.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackenedwings
If you look at the top tier GT-Rs in the World in the GT-R class on *slick* tires they were drastically slower than the top Evos. The GT-Rs have advantages and huge disadvantages. They are insanely heavy, and even pushing 1000+ whp on slick tires were a few seconds off the Tilton car.
thats because Tilton was also 1000 whp
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
thats because Tilton was also 1000 whp
In a recent article I read it said it makes around 980hp, not whp. It could have been a mistake.

Last edited by e_kobz; Nov 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by blackenedwings
They are not built to the same power to weight ratio as the Evos nor do they have the same modification dollar:OEM dollar put into them. Most of the weight can be taken out and then you are left with a bigger, more powerful engine and at the end of the day an OEM body that can better handle the aero needs at those speeds. Put in the same additional investment into further improving the aero on those cars that has been done on the top tier Evos and there's no question who wins in the end. If you take a basic product that is better and improve it to the same point as one who isn't, there is no question which one will win out.

Last edited by codgi; Nov 20, 2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply. Im sure not everyone agrees but I think this comes down to a matter of perspective. Let me explain what I mean by that. If you were someone familiar with circle track racing, building your own ground up double wishbone suspension is a walk in the park. They do that stuff for hundreds of dollars with basic, simple parts that are shockingly similar to what is used at the top levels of racing. The double wishbone suspension is something that has not changed for a very very long time. Its only advanced thinking in import car building circles, but in the motorsport world its the very first thing you do on a build. You ask those people about aero, and thats the multi million dollar stuff done in laboratories. Or if you ask me, I will tell you aero is the piece of cake part of the build and having a 1000hp engine program is the expensive and crazy part. So I think it depends on what people are involved and what their experience is. Most of the top cars now have one off custom suspensions. Cars have gone much further than Nemo now. For example the regulations said keep the B pillar and floorpan, so Nemo had to put that stuff back, but the PMQ car has no OEM A or C pillar now. They just shifted what part of the car is removed but the cars continued progressing away from the production basis. But now after Nemo everyone is removing stuff and trying to hide that they are, because they are scared the rules will get changed on them. Its really hard to fix a car once its been built, it will never be as fast a car that was built originally to how the rules are.

Last edited by gixxer_drew; Dec 20, 2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by gixxer_drew
Sorry for the slow reply.
I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's okay

Thank you for all the insight here!
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Tilton Evo does it again. 1:23.777
Old Oct 17, 2015, 08:05 AM