Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

flat tire and Les Schwab told me....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2007, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by z4k
I have to replace 4 tires aat less then 4000 miles cause my front 2 suffered improper wear and Ill never buy Yokos again. So Ring my up for 4 Azenis.
Azenis suck in my opinion, and won't last much longer; they are just cheaper and look cooler...
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:02 PM

OK - I'm a dumbass...
Couldn't believe what ALL you guys were saying about the mileage on your tires, cause mine are still in decent shape..

Anyway, got home and checked my mileage - only got a little over 11 on the odmeter and I ran a mud/snow this winter for skiing... That's when I found the nail - when I was putting the summers back on.. So maybe only 6 or 7k on the Advans..

Think I'll still have to do them all?
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay lemme get this strait...you have 11k on the odo but you thought you had 20k on the tires Just buy a used advan somewhere.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:18 PM

like i said i'm a dumbass
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

The thread should have read: New record, 20,000 miles on stock tires. Sorry, just bustin your bawls.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:29 PM
z4k

Originally Posted by KOEvo
Azenis suck in my opinion, and won't last much longer; they are just cheaper and look cooler...
Suck why? It is between Azenis, Hankook RS2 and Toyo T1R(?)
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:34 PM
pao
Evolving Member

well...you might want to replace both tires and keep the good one as a spare. you should be able to get a good deal w/online retailers.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:37 PM
pao
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by farslayr
OK - I'm a dumbass...
Couldn't believe what ALL you guys were saying about the mileage on your tires, cause mine are still in decent shape..

Anyway, got home and checked my mileage - only got a little over 11 on the odmeter and I ran a mud/snow this winter for skiing... That's when I found the nail - when I was putting the summers back on.. So maybe only 6 or 7k on the Advans..

Think I'll still have to do them all?
get two new ones because you don't want to run one worn tire w/a new tire, a big no-no...it'll cause you alignment problems in the long run. like i said in the previous post, keep the old good tire as a spare.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pao
get two new ones because you don't want to run one worn tire w/a new tire, a big no-no...it'll cause you alignment problems in the long run. like i said in the previous post, keep the old good tire as a spare.

No. Get 4 new ones. These cars have a center differential as well.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pao
On an awd it is not a good idea to run two new tires and two worn tires. Plus you should always get an alignment after getting four new tires mounted.
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
No. Get 4 new ones. These cars have a center differential as well.
you beat me to it
pao
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ray3328
On an awd it is not a good idea to run two new tires and two worn tires. Plus you should always get an alignment after getting four new tires mounted.
yes, sorry for the brain fart.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

I would say replace all four. I was had to awhile back for getting one flat as well. Better safe than sorry. You don't want to trash your transfer case or a diff.

Last edited by glgz; Mar 30, 2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Okay I have personally seen a set of stockers go 24K. I know the guy, I know he hasnt changed his tires, he kept his car aligned, he brought it to me for new ones at 24100. Now onto the tech.

IX's have 3 LSD differentials. They are actually alot touchier than 2/32's variance. 0 is the preferred amount of variation and a MAXIMUM of 1/32 total per tire. Now there is a little bit of give here and there based on a few variables. BUT 2/32 is an industry accepted standard. Mentioning any company by name in a negative light because of a lack of research prior isnt very cool whether its Les Schwab, Discount tire, or Costco, or small independents.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Mentioning any company by name in a negative light because of a lack of research prior isnt very cool whether its Les Schwab, Discount tire, or Costco, or small independents.
Mods should be all over this kind of thing. I think it should be part of the forum rules, too. The power of a newbie or a bench racer and his keyboard is greater than most people realize. It's so easy to have a bad day and jump on to a forum and tell the world about how this company sucks and you should stay away from them and blah blah blah.

Some recent examples are this thread, this thread, and this thread.

When you frist read them, you think "wow, that guy really got screwed over." But as you read into each story, certain things come to light. Usually it's things that are business as usual and the OP is just inexperienced and thinks he has been done wrong and he wants to tell the world. Other times it's sheer stupidity and going back to the same place that screwed you once and letting them screw you again and then complaining about it.

On-Topic: I drove over 22,000 on my stock Advans on the 2003 Evo 8 before the car got totaled. They still had a good bit of tread left on them, too. I'd say about 1/4 of the treadlife was still there. I drove hard as hell on them, but I also got an alignment every other oil change.

Quick Reply: flat tire and Les Schwab told me....