Old Apr 8, 2014, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pipefish
Mabuhey! Hehehe.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by sleepyace
Hi Guys,

So I just recently got a used 2011 OS ES with 21k miles for 13k about a month ago and I've been trolling this forum and doing some mods to it. I figured now would be a good time that I start contributing to this forum. Here are some photos of my car currently. Working on getting the aftermarket fog light hooked up...

would you mind link me where did you copped your DRL's? btw are those smoked taillights legal here in winnipeg?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by DhiJay23
would you mind link me where did you copped your DRL's? btw are those smoked taillights legal here in winnipeg?
Hey,

Those are the COB led strip, you can get them from amazon.
Amazon.com: 2 pcs Set Waterproof Aluminum High Power 6W 6000K Xenon White Slim COB LED DRL Daylight Driving Daytime Running Light Lamp For Car SUV Sedan Coupe Vehicle: Automotive Amazon.com: 2 pcs Set Waterproof Aluminum High Power 6W 6000K Xenon White Slim COB LED DRL Daylight Driving Daytime Running Light Lamp For Car SUV Sedan Coupe Vehicle: Automotive

I'm not sure about winninpeg, but the smoke taillight wasn't all that dark, it's a spray on removable coating similar to plastidip.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 07:15 PM

Oh and just a heads up, the COB led strip do get VERY hot after 1 - 2 minutes, like literally it will burn you if you hold it that long. I used JB weld epoxy to attach it to a home made aluminum bracket behind it which is then screwed onto the bumper. The aluminum bracket is smaller than the strip so that you can't see it.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by sleepyace
Oh and just a heads up, the COB led strip do get VERY hot after 1 - 2 minutes, like literally it will burn you if you hold it that long. I used JB weld epoxy to attach it to a home made aluminum bracket behind it which is then screwed onto the bumper. The aluminum bracket is smaller than the strip so that you can't see it.
Yeah, you better believe it...
6W is quite a bit of heat for such tiny/slim lights. Might want to mod the mounts with some heatsinks. Or a the very least put some silicone strips between it and the paint/bumper to prevent it from heat damage / warpage..
Old Apr 9, 2014, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Yeah, you better believe it...
6W is quite a bit of heat for such tiny/slim lights. Might want to mod the mounts with some heatsinks. Or a the very least put some silicone strips between it and the paint/bumper to prevent it from heat damage / warpage..
Noted Sir.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:06 AM

are those rims plastidip?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 04:01 PM

Completely agreed, don't ever let it touch your paint directly. I had an aluminum bracket behind it as a heatsink and also as a bracket to prevent too much heat transfer to the bumper.

Yeah, those rims are plastidipped...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...oducts_id=1059

Has anyone used this yet RRM piggy back yet?
I was going to get a full dyno tune on premium gas using EvoScan which was going to run roughly around $500-$550 for the tune depending on the length of the tune and require me to install the AEM wide ban I bought as well, costing another $60-$80 dollars for the install.

I am not looking to get a ton of HP out of the Sport, so I was thinking of selling the Wide ban O2 getting my $200.00 back, not having to pay for the install, and just spending the other $160.00 to cover the RRM plug and play system since it is a daily driver and all.

I already have the RRM 4-1 header installed, RRM light weight pulley, Greddy intake system, RA snorkel, 2.5" Magnaflow cat., 2.5" custom piping, and 2 2.5" Magnaflow mufflers. They said it will work great with all the add on's as well...

Any thoughts???

Last edited by TEXAS TRAVISTY; Apr 11, 2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

http://carmodificationidea.blogspot....der-sport.html

found this gem on line and was not sure if anyone had come across it yet. hopefully this website will put this concept into production!
Attached Thumbnails Outlander Sport Mods-1292838_589761634417230_348238773_o.jpg   Outlander Sport Mods-front.jpg  
Old Apr 16, 2014, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
its not bad looking. I would love to see a production model!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 09:25 PM

I would buy the wheels and the front and rear kits
Old Apr 17, 2014, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...oducts_id=1059

Has anyone used this yet RRM piggy back yet?
The thing is that RRM piggy back is just doing a timing bump, there is power to be had from AFR and MIVEC tuning. Plus all those mods you have done to your car have probably pushed things out of balance so you are really better off with a tune to get them all safe in between a 12.5-13.0 AFR with no knock.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
The thing is that RRM piggy back is just doing a timing bump, there is power to be had from AFR and MIVEC tuning. Plus all those mods you have done to your car have probably pushed things out of balance so you are really better off with a tune to get them all safe in between a 12.5-13.0 AFR with no knock.
Well said! Anyone know of any places doing tuning for the OS? I have been contemplating talking to cbrd in PA. Maybe I will get a chance to talk with chad at there upcoming open house. great shop and great people. only place i really trust with any of my cars if im not doing the work myself
Old Apr 18, 2014, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

This can be done with the EvoScan program? Mike @ MDR here in Kema did all the tuning on my Evo IX MR, but he has not tuned on a Outlander Sport before and was not sure of the coding. I would really rather a tune since I already have the Wide ban O2 and would want the Mivec and AFR perfect along with the timing bump...
plus I would like to cut off the rear stock O2 sensor to plug in the wide ban, and the dang Air Pressure Senor Light as well, that thing bugs the **** out of me cause I am running aftermarket wheels on stretched tires the TPS's had to go for fitment.
Can we plug in the OBDII port and just go to work tuning or do we have to have special codes, I know absolutely nothing about tuning except it is the greatest performance upgrade EVER!
Thanks so much guys

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport Mods