Notices

Outlander Sport Mods

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Outlander Sport Mods

Hi I have been a member here with my Evolution 9 MR for years, but I just saw this Outlander Sport form and thought I would post up.
I Bought a 2011 Outlander sport for the wife as a baby mobile and I could not leave well enough alone... had to start modding!

I added a tow hitch, to tow my custom trailer for my Honda Ruckus and told myself that was it.
Well then I saw a Road Race pulley for a 4B11 motor on Ebay for $50.00 free shipping so I grabbed it.
Next was the Greddy Intake and heat shield box for the lancer 4B11 (looks like it will work) they had free shipping and no tax over the holiday! it should be in this week! I will post the modifications I have to do to make it fit later.
I already have an Apexi Super AFC II I plan on installing and I picked up an AEM wide ban O2 sensor as well, I plan to mount it in a single carbon fiber gauge pod I have laying around.
Then I saw the OBX 4-1 header and mid pipe it is the same as the Road race header and the mid pipe for the 4B11, states it will work but will need modification to the mid pipe, I got it for $245.00 free shipping too.
I have some injectors laying around I might throw in as well so we can up the fuel delivery a bit.
I am also thinking 2 1/2" piping all the way back, 2 1/2" magna flow in line muffler and a 3" stainless tip I have laying around.
Mike at MDR is going to do the road tuning With Evo Scan if the ECU and OBD2 port will let him. If not it will just be on the Apexi Super AFC II for now.
I have also swapped out the orange peanut bulbs in the head lights for 13 led light bulbs and they are bright as $h!t, they work on the reverse lights as well.

Well that's it for now I will let you know how the modding goes, if any one comes across lowering spring that are not 600+ dollars let me know!
Thanks
I will post more when I get my hands on all the parts! I have to space out the installs as well since it is the wife's baby mobile!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

oh and I shaved all the emblem off the back of the car it is a must looks so much cleaner!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's quite a bit of mods for a baby hauler..
Can't wait to see some pics when all is said and done.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:09 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Very intrigued about the upcoming mods. I also added a trailer hitch - Curt's Class III - and it pulls my wave runner just fine.

The intake will make a notable difference for you, hell, just a drop-in K&N filter makes a notable difference!

A few questions:

What gains are you expecting to see from the AFC II?
What are you expecting as a gain-to-fuel consumption ratio? i.e. do you think you'll gain 3-4HP but lose 3-4 MPG? Or do you think you'll gain 10+ HP and only lose 3-4 MPG?
Do you have any pics and possibly a link to those LED bulbs? I prefer LED's to stock.
Last, did you install the pulley yet? If so, how do you like it?

I want to do a little more to my car, but I cannot sacrifice MPG's due to my long commute, so the exhaust and pulley look plausible to me.

Thanks in advance, and get some pics up!
-James
Old Jan 9, 2013, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

these are the bulbs i used i had to spread the little medal wire end pieces out to get the to work was frustrating cause i thougt they would not work at first but they do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320973949340...84.m1439.l2649

or look up 13-LED Car Side Wedge White Light Bulb 12v and that should work for you and it is quite a ***** to get you hand in there to get them in/out.

The Greedy intake system came in last night at 9:30 thanks to UPS late delivery! It look awesome, i will put that on this weekend and try to install the pully as well, then upload a few pics.

I am not positive on the hp gains vs milage loss, Greedy boosts a hp gain of 6hp and 2 mile per gallon on the intake i belive. OBX boosts hp gain of 8 same as RR Motorsports on the 4-1 header. The pulley should reduce a lot of rotating mass for a quicker response on the throtle through mid n low range. I hope the Evo scan tuning will work because i can get alot more range on that program over the Apexi Super AFC II but we will see. the Evo scan also has a road dyno semulator so you can do 3rd gear pulls and get acurate hp n ft. torq readings.

I will keep yall posted

oh and i have the curt trailer hitch as well look clean and works just fine!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 01:45 PM
EvoM Moderator

Out of curiosity, did you torque your hitch down to spec on every bolt? I think I did 3 of 4 (or 5 of 6?) but there was one, or maybe two, bolts that there was no chance in hell of getting a torque wrench on. Also, it may matter if yours is FWD or 4WD for this...
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:40 PM

yea please let us know about the intake.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i was able to torque all 4 of the big ones down to the 75ft lbs. i think it was and the other little one to 35ft lbs can really remember the specifies but i was able to get them all it took a bit of work a universal and an extension.
i have the 2011 AWD model.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

i found a set of rims that are 18"x8" and look like the evo X MR BBS wheels... trying to convence the wife to let me pick them up... not so easily done though lol...

Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:44 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
yeah i was able to torque all 4 of the big ones down to the 75ft lbs. i think it was and the other little one to 35ft lbs can really remember the specifies but i was able to get them all it took a bit of work a universal and an extension.
i have the 2011 AWD model.

Ah, damn, a universal, good call. I didn't have any over the summer when I installed it, but I do now. I guess I'll get back up under there soon.

i found a set of rims that are 18"x8" and look like the evo X MR BBS wheels... trying to convence the wife to let me pick them up... not so easily done though lol...

She'll never know! Just tell her you spray painted the stock ones
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:17 AM

interested in what style your looking at. i was looking at more a 19" wheel setup. Im also running the H&R Sport Springs for the regular Outlander in front.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

the fronts springs fit but the rear did not?

i saw the BBS stock evo x rinse on the sport online n i think o have changed my.mind they look to small 19" or 20" will have to do... too much wheel gap with 18" rinse n low pro tires...

Im just curious on mpg drop to a bump up to 245/40/20 tires n rims

Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

anyone know how I can up load a photo? keeps asking for a URL but the photos I want to up load are on my computer...
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:30 PM
EvoM Moderator

anyone know how I can up load a photo? keeps asking for a URL but the photos I want to up load are on my computer...
Go to "go advanced" and then below the text box click on "manage attachments" then select the file you want from your computer. Here are some screen shots I used from a different forum a while back: (ignore the blue arrow in the top picture)

Name:  Picturesonaforum.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  Picturesonaforum-Uploading.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  57.6 KB

Or, upload the photo to an image hosting site like Photobucket and copy/paste the IMG code into the text box.

Last edited by Burtonrider1002; Jan 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

here is the custom ruckus trailer I am working on for the 2011 RVR to tow to car shows...
Attached Thumbnails Outlander Sport Mods-2465530352851477307.jpg  

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport Mods