Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2011, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do these places do dyno tuning? I'm not interested in that street tune non sense...
Old Jan 9, 2011, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Their is FBI in Tampa area that has an AWD dyno. Might want to check them out.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8
Their is FBI in Tampa area that has an AWD dyno. Might want to check them out.
I believed they closed.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LapDance
Do these places do dyno tuning? I'm not interested in that street tune non sense...
The only people that you should let tune your car in FL is either Jestr, Alpha @ induction performance, or crispeed @ AWD.

Jestr and Alpha are able to use most of the dynos in FL.
AWD motorsports has their own.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HISEVO7
I had no idea my Evo can perform so powerfully with stock parts!!!
You should look up Ryu's car. That WAS one of the best example of what a stock motor evo can do. He did 10.8 on stock turbo, 10.3 on the RED, and 9.96 on a 3582. It was tuned by Scott, and all done on stock bottom end.

Last edited by Cyloc; Jan 13, 2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got another appt. with Scott Friday for a little fine tuning. I had no idea he was so renowned!!! I met someone yesterday that came from Oklahoma just to have Scott tune his Evo X.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

I will at TTP on Wednesday for a few things. Can't wait to see what ti puts down after this round of mods.
Don't hesitate to take your car there even if you need to drive.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Periodically, Top Speed comes to S&R Performance to tune cars as well though TTP, Jestr, etc are all great tuners... you just have to drive a little.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:15 PM

Taking my VII to TTP again on Thursday. Scott is professional, honest, and skilled. It's great to be able to have all work done under the same roof (mechanical and tuning). Sure makes travel from Tampa to Orlando worth it.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 06:36 AM

I just saw two EVOs in Tampa near Gulf-to-Bay yesterday... A purple one and one graphite grey. I've been driving around Tampa almost a year now, and finding an Evo on the street that doesn't belong to me or my wife was like trying to find Waldo while searching for a "needle in a hay stack!"
Old Jan 21, 2011, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. I had some idea because other Evo owners talk about your car... But I had no idea it was that bad.*

My impressions of Scott may be different simply because he treated me nice enough to come back... Or maybe he has changed? I don't know. I barely met him last week.*

Believe it or not, I have met so many terrible tuners in Germany, that meeting Scott was a breath of fresh air for me. If the air only gets better from there, maybe we can link up one day so you can school me! I am all about learning. I have had my Evo since 2006 and never had a chance to learn anything since I was in Iraq almost the entire past 4 years!*

I don't have much to say about Scott other than he treated me with respect on the two days I saw him and he treated my wife with respect on the third day (I couldn't make it).*

Ryan is super cool. I am glad we agree on that, at least. He fixed up my VII to feel better than new.*

I hope to see your pride and glory. You are very renowned around here and Orlando.
I'm always happy to help out a fellow Evo owner. I'm located in Spring Hill, only 40minutes north of Tampa. Thank's for the compliments, they are much appreciated. I just have a love for these car's and have done everything I can over the years to figure out how to make them go fast, especially on a budget.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 06:36 PM

I am free when you have a moment. Let me know.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
All Scott did was tune my car. Tuners can only make the power that the setup is capable of making. They are not magicians that make cars produce magical powers. Hate to break it to you, but he has about 10% to do with my car producing the results it has.

He tuned his own personal car, yet produced slower results with a bigger turbo and a stripped down car. So yea, if his tuning was such a major factor in MY results, why is it he couldn't beat my times with more upgrades? Why hasn't any of his other customers made it into the 10's if his tuning is so fantastic?

There isn't a damn thing that links TTP and me. Keep swinging from those nuts, too bad that alone will never make your car produce amazing results.

/
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:09 AM

...in other news, I am going to cruise around Tampa, Clearwater, and St. Pete just because it's a nice day and the air is chilled!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

...in other news, I am going to cruise around Tampa, Clearwater, and St. Pete just because it's a nice day and the air is chilled!
HISEVO7,

I wouldn't mind meeting up with you the weekend of 12 Feb. I am coming down to do an autocross event with a friend in Tampa. I haven't seen an Evo VII in a few years.

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads