Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Lewisville, TX Mitsubishi Experience (Horrible)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lewisville, TX Mitsubishi Experience (Horrible)

Here's an email I sent to the owner of the Lewisville Mitsubishi dealership about my horrible experience I have had buying a car there, some personal information has been removed but this is the most of it - It explains everything that has gone on since I purchased my 06 Evo MR there.

Doug Baum,

This email is to inform you of the horrible experience I have had purchasing a car from your dealership and to hopefully find some kind of resolution to the problem I'm having with my car.

I recently purchased a 2006 Evo MR, the used one you had with about 10,000 miles on it.

When I test drove the car I noticed it pulled to the right, I thought it was just a slight alignment problem and my salesman John Mahaffey told me he asked the techs to look at it and it had been fixed. After taking the car home I noticed the problem still persisted. I know the entire staff at a local Driver's Edge around here so I immediately took it there to have them align it. They have a brand new $30,000 laser alignment machine that the car was put on and aligned perfectly. The car still continued to pull to the right.

I then took the car to NTB which put new tires on the car when you guys got it. They took the wheels off the car and 3 of the 4 rims were completely bent. I had drove the car for 3 days and hit absolutely nothing. I've raced cars for 6 years of my life and have been to the Skip Barber Racing School, I know how to drive a car to say the least. I was VERY happy with how this matter was handled, and was going to send you a very different email today detailing how great your staff was. Jeff had the 3 rims repaired and I paid for the 4th one to be done so they would all match perfectly. The bent rims caused terrible wear on 2 of the tires on the car which NTB replaced as well.

I thought all was well and figured this would solve the problem with my car pulling to the right. It however didn't. The guys at NTB suggested we take the car to a frame alignment shop to make sure it was not bent, I took the car to the place your dealership has body work done ( I can't recall the name) and they drove the car and said it was fine. No machines were hooked up nor was the frame even looked at which was quite disappointing. The guy in charge there however did slip up and flat out told me that body work was done to the front end of my car before you guys sold it to me. I was never made aware of this before purchasing the car.

It's obvious someone went over something very fast in my car, causing 3 of the rims to be bent but even with the rims fixed the car still pulls to the right. On my car, the caster can not be adjusted, which is most likely what is causing the car to goto the right, mechanics at NTB and Drivers Edge agree on this. When the damage was done to the rims the suspension most likely got slightly bent somewhere not visible to the naked eye.

At this point I was ready to just buy an after market suspension package to fix this problem, one which would allow caster adjustment on my car. I decided to take it back to your dealership one more time to show them the problem and see if anything else could possibly be done. Here is where my BIG issue comes into play. The first time I brought my car there a tech named Colby worked on it and he did a FANTASTIC job, it was very well taken care of, there were no marks on my freshly painted rims from the alignment machine, I can't say enough good things about him. When I took my car in for the second time on 04/10/07 I specifically told both of the older service managers that I wanted NO ONE to touch my car but Colby, I don't care what was being done to it, nobody touches it but him. They agreed and said no problem.

They decided to remove the tires from my front 2 rims and mount them on the opposite sides to see if this would make any difference in the car pulling to the right. Now the car pulls even harder to the right AND both of my front rims are completely scratched up. Absolutely no care was taken when removing them, there are air gun marks on the rims and scratches from putting the tires on the rims. I'm no mechanic, but I've taken the rims off my car before and not made 1 scratch on them, why can I take rims off a car without scratching them and your techs can't?

Your service manager said it's normal to scratch wheels and there was nothing that could be done to avoid it. I immediately went and talked to the guys at NTB who mounted all 4 of my tires after the rims had been redone and there was absolutely NO SCRATCHES in any which way or form on any of my rims when they did it. They can put tires on rims and not scratch them but your service manager can't seem to get it done. I also contacted the company that redid the rims and they also agreed that there is no reason the tires can't be mounted without scratching the rims it just takes some time and being careful.

So now I'm left with 2 front scratched rims once again, and my car is pulling even harder to the right. Jeff Baum has been great about this situation so far and I haven't been able to get in contact with him today to speak with him about the newest situation with my car. I feel you should be informed about this situation and hopefully something can be done to make this right.

The 2 older service managers out back have been incredibly rude to me every time I've spoke with them, they act like I have no idea what I'm talking about. The rest of your staff has been great up to this point but the service managers have been absolutely horrible. I'm a young 21 year old kid, maybe they think I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't know what the problem is. I bought a 30,000 dollar car and I expect it to be perfect, not everyone who buys a car expects it to be perfect but I've raced cars all my life and I can tell when something is wrong with a car. I work for a computer company here in Dallas and make 70,000 a year, I'm not some dumb kid who walked into your dealership and bought a car I couldn't afford and I don't expect to be treated like one by your service staff. Once again Colby in the back took great care of my car, but obviously someone else touched it and now it's even worse then it was before. I know for a fact if he would have worked on it as I requested this would be a much happier email speaking about how great most of your staff is.

I'm hoping you can help come up with some kind of resolution here. The rims on my car either need to be replaced or painted once again, I would much rather they all just be replaced though because who knows if they will hold up like original wheels will. The tires your dealership put on my car are also the cheapest possible ones you could put on it, they are 69.99 each, the tires that come with an evo MR are 299.99 each. The tires could also be a contributing fact to the pulling. I don't know what can be done as far as the suspension besides replacing everything because it's obvious that something isn't correct with it, something happened to it when the rims initially got bent that the naked eye can't see.

Buying a car from your dealership has turned out to be a huge mistake at this point and I hope this situation can be resolved so I don't continue to regret buying a car from you.

Well, thats my horror story.
Anyone else bought from these guys?
Old Apr 12, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my 05' from them and everything went smoothly. Only thing I noticed is that the car had 9miles or so when I agreed to buy it but when I came to pick it up it had 27miles on it. They said they had to put gas in it so that 's were the mileage came from, but I bet it got one last hurrah befor leaving the lot for good.
Car has been solid with no issues regardless. Sorry to here about your experience.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Firstly, sorry to hear about the issues.

Secondly, I have only good things to say about them.

Wow, I just picked up my 06 RS from them on saturday.

- They had about the best price for any dealership other than Southcoast (26214 OTD). I traded in my S2k and they did try to screw me on that like any other dealership. I did get them to give me the best deal on my trade. But, they beat my banks interest rate by .36% and got me to 5.84% which I was very impressed with.

- They allowed me to leave the Evo in their bay overnight and gave us a brand new lancer as a rental to roll around in. Next morning, they even allowed me to tape up the whole car in their bay.

- Also, I found small spots of rail dust and they got their detailer to claybar the whole back section of the car.

- They called and checked on me when I was driving back.

- I have been emailing them back and forth the last 2 days regarding my title and they have been responding promptly.

Good luck and keep us updated!
Old Apr 14, 2007, 09:19 PM

Well, they finally agreed to have my 2 front wheels they scratched all up refinished once again. The suspension however they are telling me there's nothing they can do.....Can't see anything wrong so there's nothing they can do. Even if my car pulls completely out of my lane on the highway at 60 mph within 3 seconds.

Guess I'll be calling Mitsubishi Motors and filing a complaint and see if they can help me.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 09:24 PM

They also made another slip up today, I found some glass in between my drivers window and the rubber that's right up next to it and asked them about it and they said something about an attempted theft, not sure if this actually means it was stolen or not but the carfax was completely clear.

One thing after another.......
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you shoulda just went to don herring in irving
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

if it's under warranty, can't you take it to another dealership and have them do warranty work? i'm not really sure but i'd like to know also...sorry to hear your bad experience though. from your stories, it's sounding more like that evo's been into some sort of moving accident: 3 bent rims, suspension trouble, broken glass...i don't think that's theft. but that's just my opinion...good luck!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

i've bought two evos From them they were way nicer to of than don herring don herring didnt even take me as a serious buyer
Old Apr 29, 2007, 08:50 PM

Just like you said, most buyers would have never noticed or cared about a slight pull to the right and could have been told it's just following road crowns b/c if a agressivly aligned susp. I bet the mount for a control arm or something is slightly tweaked throwing your caster slightly out. Try contacting a VERY reputable body shop and see if you can't get the frame realigned, specific to all the mounting points of the front susp on the unibody. If it's a servere pull thats not caused by road crowns or anything of that nature then theres obviously an issue. You know the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" Well take that to heart, kinda. Let them know you have an issue, but remain cool towards all their staff, get on their side, dont become their enemy or they'll be less willing to help you out. I can relate to your situation as a used evo buyer and as a mitsu service rep.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Glad I went to Don Herring! I was thinking about Lewisville, but I found a great price at Don Herrings. On a side note, if the car has been wrecked, which ot me it sounds like it has, they have to disclose that to you before you purchase it! I would go back to that body shop and see what kind of information you can find out about it.
Old May 2, 2007, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

bought mine at don herring. Had terrible memory. I can still remember that day. I think Don Herring was only place that was rude in while shopping for car. Went to Sewell Infinity and wow A+++ service. They really need to work on their services.
Oh ya when i bought the car from don herring, the hood vent clip was missing and it was rattling. Guess what I got charged for $2 for metal clip when my car had 30 mile and only opened hood once.
Lewisville was nice in other hand. But price was not all great. But service was great. I think lewisville was only dealer that pulled out Actual EVO on sale to front to let us look. Don Herring. They didnt even let me drive the car i was going to get! They had demo MR out(but i was going for IX) They said evo is like lambos. Need to keep mileage down.
What dealership wont let you drive car you're going to buy?
btw it was irving store. i heard plano store is nicer but never been there

Quote from Don Herring Irving.
Buy the car or GET OUT! I got family to see
It was only 8:30 and they close at 9
Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:11 PM

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble bro. I think I may be leaving there soon. Thanks for the kind words.

-Colby aka StealthCRF
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:11 PM

I bought my Evo from Lewisvile M. and the experience was very positive.