Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

CBRD- BBK owners!!!- please read!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CBRD- BBK owners!!!- please read!

Hello everyone...

I just wanted to take the time to post... and see if we can get some feedback from you!!

With the introduction of our BBK-B turbo, the evo X turbos (bbx lite and full).. and CBRD starting to produce more products in house, I wanted your feedback on how your experience was in dealing with CBRD and whether or not you are happy with your product

We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves... and this is one thing I really want feedback on!!

So if you could just give us a small description of how long it took to get your turbo, whether it was delivered as promised... if it has met your expectations and so forth.

I thank you for your input in advance!

Cheers

CB
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:29 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Thread approved
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:30 PM
Account Disabled

Thank you

cb
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked directly with Chad when I purchased my BBK Full (ported) as well as my CBRD intercooler. The turnaround was less than a week, which was actually sooner than promised.

Overall the build quality of both the turbo and the intercooler are top notch. I had the turbo installed by GST in Hayward and the car made a very impressive 361whp on 91 pump gas. Needless to say I am absolutely happy with the product (now with roughly 2000 miles logged) and would do business with CBRD in a heartbeat. In all likelyhood, I'll be switching to a BBK-B in the near future.

Thanks again Chad!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

all i can say is i wish i went with the cbrd bbkb. FP will never get my business again.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by milford
all i can say is i wish i went with the cbrd bbkb. Fp will never get my business again.
+1
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
purchased a BBK-B from Chad. Dealt w/ him directly, and transaction was smooth from phone call, to the box @ my door. And packaged well! I recieved the turbo in about a week, although 2 days, were waiting for the updated line fittings, so would be quicker now... (in Cali.)
to Chad, and CBRD!

Unfortuneately... its still in the closet. Waiting on a MAP o2 (recirc.) coated, and then I can schedule an appt. *Should* arrive wed...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Comunication was great, responses were timely, and the turbo got to me in 7 days from the time I ordered it.

The BBK for my IX was the best of the 7 turbo setups I ran during the 3 years I modded/raced it and I will go back to a CBRD turbo when I rebuild the IX early next year. Highly recommended and thank you for everything
Old Nov 22, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
I wanted your feedback on how your experience was in dealing with CBRD and whether or not you are happy with your product
I'm extremely happy with the build quality and performance of both my BBK Full turbo AND my CBRD FMIC. I'm already planning to purchase the new CBRD custom UICP and battery tray, and then most likely upgrade to the BBK-B by next summer/fall. Also, Chad has been a great technical resource who always responds promptly to any questions I have. In other words....I'm a big fan of CBRD!!!!!!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

BBK Full Here

Great turbo and even better company to work with.

My review of the BBK-Full
Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

BBK? The BBX is where it is at.

The turbo is a work of art. My car has been a pita but it worked out in the end. I should easily break 500whp when I get it on MAP's Dynojet.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8847456-post22.html
Old Nov 22, 2010, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
bought my BBK Full thru Spec Ops and the delivery was delayed but it worked out as i was also waiting on some other parts to arrive. all in all i had a great experience and and i love the turbo! totally different car now!

great job Chad and CBRD crew
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While in Afghanistan in 2008-09 I was emailing Chad about my BBK full that I would be purchasing once I got home. I got home emailed him again and he called me to make sure the turbo was going to meet my expectations. Two or three days later the turbo was in my hands. Had a couple of questions about peak boost, etc., and they were answered immediately throughout the time I was back in the states. Loved the power and torque so much I was eagerly anticipating the arrival of the BBK-B. Shortly after I left on this deployment the BBK-B came out. I have already talked to Chad via PM on here and the BBK-B will be ordered as soon as I arrive. Forget that, make that two days before I arrive.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:05 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks so much for your feedback guys!

we are always working on ways to improve ourselves!

cb
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Not having dealt with you guys and having really no bias, I can give my views on the perception I get.

Of course the comparison between you and FP will always be there regardless of the fact that FP is primarily dealing with turbos, and you guys seem more like a shop that does everything but is stepping it up with some serious engineering on new turbine and compressor design. Which makes me wonder who you brought in house with all that experience since thats not something you can just "wing-it" with.

With the experiences Ive had with FP and what Ive read about other experiences with CBRD, I would have no problem and actually would prefer dealing with you guys. In fact "if" I did ever upgrade my turbo and run in street mod, I'm nearly certain a BBK is where I'd be looking.

Being able to get in contact with the vendors in the first place, shipment speed, customer service in tech support both before and after, and striving for inovation are all what I look for in a good company. You seem to have that in spades.

Quick Reply: CBRD- BBK owners!!!- please read!