Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Customer Service

Just to help out the new comer on this forum, I am starting this Thread. Lets try to keep the Vender out if possible. This post is for all the Evo owner to feel free to speak out and let the new comer know who has good customer service and who to avoid. If Vender want to defend themselves then try to keep it short. The best way to appreciate good service is to get the Vender more business.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

I will start since this is my thread. I drove close to 4 hours to get my car tuned from English Racing and they did an awesome job. It started when they put my car on the dyno and their was something wrong. Not getting enough fuel. So, Aaron thought bad fuel pump. He ripped out the fuel pump in 20min to find I forgot to install a plastic washer. He then pull a plastic washer out of an evo just sitting on there lot and had me back and running. finished the tune and I was off.

Last edited by bryonboals; Oct 8, 2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 06:45 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...ng-review-176/

Old Oct 6, 2014, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Can the power of the above move this post to the right area
Old Oct 7, 2014, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

I got another Customer Service comment

I bought a set of CP pistons SC7245 for 4g63 Evo 8 motor and was sent the wrong pistons.
I purchased a set of SC7245 for a 2.2 long rod build, but got a set of sc7217 pistons. It took a while to receive the pistons, because I had issues with the people who coated them. After, getting them from the coater, I had issues with my machine shop being back up. I finally got them 7 months later and tried to install them and realized I got the wrong pistons. I then contacted Modern Automotive Performance where I purchased the pistons from and here is their response for my issue.

I am sorry for the delay, I have been on the phone with my rep at CP trying to figure out a solution. At this point they believe that the pistons that were in the box were part number SC7217 which is the same piston just for an Evo. I have put some pressure on them to try and get them to take them back but unfortunately they are adamant on the fact that these pistons can not be returned. As with any product once someone has modified it or installed it, it is no longer a resell able or replaceable part.

Due to the timeframe, installation and the fact the pistons have been modified we wouldn't be able to take them back. I don't have any SC7245's here that I could ship out but I have found a few in stock with one of my suppliers. He cut us a deal below our cost that I will simply pass directly to you if you would like to purchase a new set. Their cost they extended was $430.00. I will also cover any of the shipping charges that will be incurred to ship them out to you so that won't be a factor.

I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let me know which direction you would like to go in and if you have any questions.

In conclusion, they want me to pay for another set piston when they sent me the wrong ones? I just want the right product, so I can finish my engine. They are blaming the piston company instead of being responsible for the product they sold me. Any good company will send out the right product and deal with their vender on their own time.

Even if they send me right pistons I got money in the coating in which they will not reimburse. So even though this is all because they sent me wrong piston I AM OUT $380 FOR COATING & WORK DONE TO PISTONS. I am the one who gets bad end of the deal.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 03:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bryonboals
I got another Customer Service comment

I bought a set of CP pistons SC7245 for 4g63 Evo 8 motor and was sent the wrong pistons.
I purchased a set of SC7245 for a 2.2 long rod build, but got a set of sc7217 pistons. It took a while to receive the pistons, because I had issues with the people who coated them. After, getting them from the coater, I had issues with my machine shop being back up. I finally got them 7 months later and tried to install them and realized I got the wrong pistons. I then contacted Modern Automotive Performance where I purchased the pistons from and here is their response for my issue.

I am sorry for the delay, I have been on the phone with my rep at CP trying to figure out a solution. At this point they believe that the pistons that were in the box were part number SC7217 which is the same piston just for an Evo. I have put some pressure on them to try and get them to take them back but unfortunately they are adamant on the fact that these pistons can not be returned. As with any product once someone has modified it or installed it, it is no longer a resell able or replaceable part.

Due to the timeframe, installation and the fact the pistons have been modified we wouldn't be able to take them back. I don't have any SC7245's here that I could ship out but I have found a few in stock with one of my suppliers. He cut us a deal below our cost that I will simply pass directly to you if you would like to purchase a new set. Their cost they extended was $430.00. I will also cover any of the shipping charges that will be incurred to ship them out to you so that won't be a factor.

I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let me know which direction you would like to go in and if you have any questions.

In conclusion, they want me to pay for another set piston when they sent me the wrong ones? I just want the right product, so I can finish my engine. They are blaming the piston company instead of being responsible for the product they sold me. Any good company will send out the right product and deal with their vender on their own time.

Even if they send me right pistons I got money in the coating in which they will not reimburse. So even though this is all because they sent me wrong piston I AM OUT $380 FOR COATING & WORK DONE TO PISTONS. I am the one who gets bad end of the deal.
I understand where you are coming from, but this sounds like every business return policy ever written.

Whether buying car parts, shoes, cell phones, clothing, etc. if you modify the product then it's yours.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

It about customer service, not about reselling. They are replacing the Pistons, but I am still out on the money for the coating. I will get the pistons to finish my build(thanks to BBB), but when its all said and done its going to cost me twice on the coating. All because MAPerforance made the mistake not ME. If I was to do it over it would not be with MAP

Last edited by bryonboals; Oct 8, 2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Imagine if all the venders just started sell everyone all the wrong parts-I know that's is a little extreme, but you get my point
Old Oct 7, 2014, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

I sent my turbo to Turbo Lab of America to have my turbo cleaned. Their price is good and they do a good job. Really honest down to earth people I would recommend them for your turbo needs
Old Oct 8, 2014, 02:41 PM
Account Disabled

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
question

Let me ask you a question. You order a new phone say Note 4, but you recieve the note 4s . At which point you then decided to have the case painted something different. It comes back from the painter and then you realize that you have the note 4s instead of the 4 at which point here does the blame not fall on you for not realizing that you had the wrong part.

Yes the people you purchased the parts are in the wrong by not sending the correct part number, but YOU screwed up by not doing the due dilligance before you sent them to get coated. It sucks but as soon as you modifed them they were yours unfortuntly.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

I do not understand the whole phone comment, but I would like to add when you purchase pistons and they offer in house coating. Do they send the pistons to you to do your due diligence or do they coat then send them. Hum mm. When I purchased I had them send it to coater. Not once did they say you might want to do your DUE DILIGENCE before we send them to your coater. Only now did they say you might want to see if it fit before you coat it. I just told them I will have my coaters measure them before they coat them.
^^^The only thing I understood was " Yes the people you purchased the parts are in the wrong"^^^

Last edited by bryonboals; Oct 8, 2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 07:08 AM
Account Disabled

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You know my analogy is not really complicated ( well maybe for you apperently it is) to grasp but here let me ask you this. Where in your post did you say THEY were going to send them to get coated ??????

bought a set of CP pistons SC7245 for 4g63 Evo 8 motor and was sent the wrong pistons.

NO WHERE does it say MAP sent them to get coated by reading YOUR post im sure myself and everyone else who read it thought the exact same thing. Im pretty sure anyone who has commented on this thread assumed you sent them off since you wrote what I highlighted.

That being said you sound upset because i just said what anyone with experience ordering anything has to do. Recieve a invoice with parts you verify the parts to make sure they are exactly what you ordered if not contact the company to correct the issue. But if you never recieved the pistons then its kinda difficult so if you never touched them thats on them. Next time you may want to include that piece of information

Last edited by illusin; Oct 9, 2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by illusin
You know my analogy is not really complicated ( well maybe for you apperently it is) to grasp but here let me ask you this. Where in your post did you say THEY were going to send them to get coated ??????

bought a set of CP pistons SC7245 for 4g63 Evo 8 motor and was sent the wrong pistons.

NO WHERE does it say MAP sent them to get coated by reading YOUR post im sure myself and everyone else who read it thought the exact same thing. Im pretty sure anyone who has commented on this thread assumed you sent them off since you wrote what I highlighted.

That being said you sound upset because i just said what anyone with experience ordering anything has to do. Recieve a invoice with parts you verify the parts to make sure they are exactly what you ordered if not contact the company to correct the issue. But if you never recieved the pistons then its kinda difficult so if you never touched them thats on them. Next time you may want to include that piece of information
Yes I am upset, I don't mean to take it out on other people and anyone in my shoes would be just as upset. Thanks to others I can explain my story with more understanding. Thanks for catching that I left out the fact that they drop shipped the piston without asking me if I want check them... by the way I wrote "I had issues" not "I sent them off" It was just assumed that this means I did not receive"It took a while to receive the pistons"

Last edited by bryonboals; Oct 9, 2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Costco has the best customer service ever. I buy all my car batteries there. Right now they have a deal on Goodyear windshield wiper for $4.99
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone have any Customer Service comment they would like to add