Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea and im thinking about buying the motor mounts
Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

cabin shakes like it's about to stall below 800 rpm, anything above is smooth. no more jerkyness when lifting off the throttle in first in crawling traffic =)
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Motor mounts are important especially on the older Lancers. Almost every car that is 2+ years old has a broken mount in it and needs repalcing too. Our mounts will last twice as long as the OEMs for sure plus it cuts down on wheel hop etc...

ROAD/RACE
Old Aug 5, 2008, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

i just got mine in today and went to go install them in my driveway and i couldnt break a SINGLE bolt loss anywhere lol...im going to bring it into the service center i work at tomorrow at the end of the day. that way i can use my lift and my air tools im sure it will be much much easier. ill also be putting in RRM's stainless steel clutch line.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 06:58 PM
Former Sponsor

HAng in there. It will be worth it. Especially on the 2+ year older cars, we see stock mounts dying all the time. They don't last as long as people hope they would.

ROAD/RACE
Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

especially with me beating on it at the track on the weekends hahah. i spoke to a tech at RRM earlier for some suggestions on how to go about the install rock, cant remember who it was though i wanted to tell you you have great people over there i love you guys man very helpful and professional.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 07:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ralli04
especially with me beating on it at the track on the weekends hahah. i spoke to a tech at RRM earlier for some suggestions on how to go about the install rock, cant remember who it was though i wanted to tell you you have great people over there i love you guys man very helpful and professional.
Thanks Bro. We try.

ROAD/RACE
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

now there's a member saying his DIY rear mount gave out. talk about a monster engine hopefully his second try will yield better results. There aren't any tips, aside from your carbon fiber reinforcement, you could give to someone trying to make their own, is there Rob?

I haven't actually looked, but from the feel of the car I can only assume mine are holding up just fine. I will be sure to take a close look next time I am under the car though. I'd be surprised to find any damage/wear though, I don't pop the clutch and I'm not turbo.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

i finished installing them today at my shop and wow talk about a PITA to get to some of those bolts in the rear im lucky as hell to have small hands and fingers cause it was tough. but let me tell you i can feel the difference and i really think they help to gain back a lot of that lost torque when coming off the line and engaging each gear under high load. all i need now is to figure out what the problem is thats causing my rpms to drop , the car not being able to find second right away , and a new set of tires and i should be good to go

oh and ill have the clutch line in tomorrow soo ill give my review on that when i get home from work

RRM's the sh*t!! lol
Old Aug 6, 2008, 09:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks. What condition were your stock mounts in? Any taring?

ROAD/RACE
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

my rear had a single tear in it but all the way through and my front looked fine...but i also drive my car like no one else i know i mean i REAALLLLLLY beat on it
Old Aug 7, 2008, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

mine were completely fine when I took mine out.. but the rear mount was a pain to get out.. I had to use like 5 extensions and a universal joint... the thing was about 3 feet long
Old Aug 7, 2008, 06:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Most of thtime the rear mounts are dead in couple years. Depends on how you drive and where you live I suppose.

ROAD/RACE
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

When I took mine out they were almost brand new

even my friend Ryan's '01 Civic with almost no TQ or HP eats engine mounts with his aftermarket clutch and driving style. IIRC he has inserts in right now, but I'd imagine they are looking pretty poor by now
Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

New or old, Mounts will help with wheel hop issues.

ROAD/RACE

Quick Reply: RRM Solid Motor Mounts