Notices

Oz Rally Bog Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oz Rally Bog Issues

Hey there, anyone know a way I can tweak the BISS screw or with my fuel regulator to stop my car from bogging? I have a lancer oz rally that I bought off someone who had installed i'm guessing is stage 1 turbo? I am not sure if they had flashed the ecu or any of that but the car bogs when it rains out.... I know this is not much to go off of but I have tried to reset the BISS screw to different spots to see if it fixes the bogging problem or not. When I do get it to not bog it runs super rich making my rear bumper super black. If you have any ideas to try please pst on here or send me a message, drove the car last and went 50 miles on a half tank of gas T_T
Old Jul 24, 2014, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
not sure what you mean by stage 1 turbo, but regardless...how rich is it running? can you datalog? what size injectors are you running, and what do you mean by bogging? like does it not build boost? or is it just running so rich that you're not making power? i'm not even sure what a BISS screw is... also, wrong section, but that's ok.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not completely sure about stage 1 turbo, basically they put a turbo kit on a stock oz rally motor pushing 10 psi of boost through it, and its running really rich, ask my black bumper T_T, and when i say bogging i mean that it shudders while i'm trying to keep it at a constant speed whether it be in town doing 25 or on highway doing 70 and believe me when your engine shakes and shudders at 70mph its a scary feeling, for injector size i believe its just stock injectors in there, there was no markings of it being changed from what i can tell off the injectors themselves. Also the BISS screw is the screw by your throttle body to adjust the airflow i'm guessing when your in neutral.... i think... but besides that even with my fuel regulator on full open and the screw adjusted correctly it will idle fine but when you drive it, it acts up... and then on the other hand if i turn down the fuel regulator the car seems like it doesnt have enough gas and shuts off when i come to a stop... i'm so messed up in this car that i might just torch it and buy an evo call it a day. any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. when i give it full throttle it chokes and doesnt pick up much speed either, i have to gradually give it some to have it punch power out, gas full go just shoots black smoke out the back end and i go no where fast T_T

Last edited by crippled lancer; Jul 28, 2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
ok, first things first. take your spark plugs out (they will look like ****) and test compression...

ok, now I used to have a 2003 lancer ES, so I have had some some experience with the motor, but not nearly as much as my beloved 4G69. Ok, the BISS screw you kind of just mess with it while the car's idling to get it to idle properly, it should not have such an impact that it would cause problems at WOT. how much fuel pressure are you running? It really sounds like your car just needs to be tuned properly (larger injectors, and reflashed ECU) my bet is fuel pressure is through the roof, and you're running so rich that the car can't even burn the fuel, because there's not enough air in the ratio...lol, also get a wideband sensor and gauge, start datalogging, and tune that thing!...I would re-post your issue in the 2.0L lancer forced induction section, and you'll find many more people who know your engine inside and out, and are boosting them...