Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

For those of you looking for an alternative to the eyelids....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you looking for an alternative to the eyelids....

Hey everyone! I'm new here.... I'm 18 yrs old and living in Central Illinois. I used to own a 2003 red Lancer OZ Rally but last saturday i traded her in (plus cash) for a black 05 Ralliart manual transmission. Being that the OZ Rally was the first car I ever drove, this baby feels like a beast! I love it to death. I've already dropped more money in it than I can afford (Red Streetglow Gold Series Underbody kit) but I'm looking for more.

To the subject at hand... I dunno about you guys but I'm not a huge fan of the headlights on the 04-05's. Aside from that, I'd like my Ralliart to stand out from the others in town (Theres a Mitsubishi plant here in town so needless to say, this is a Mitsubishi town!). Even though I'm one of only two Ralliarts.... lots of ES, OZ, etc. Anyway... I looked into buying the eyelids but there was a few things I didnt like about them.... I love the look but I dont want to have to go thru the hassle of getting them painted plus playing 50 bucks plus S&H. I was searching around the net though and found these Vinyl eyelids for the 04-05 Lancers. It's only 25.99 plus like 8 bucks shipping and it comes ready to stick on the headlight. This site also sells the lancer paintable, polyurethane eyelids for 49.99.

Here's what they had to say about their vinyl eyelids:
Sticker type base product, which is very thin. Installs very easily and produces great results. Recommended to great excellent results for low cost. This product is installed with adhesive on the back of the eyelids.

Oh yeah, plus you select the color and they will match it to the color of the make and model.

Sounds good to me! I think i'll give these a shot. I'll let you know how it goes. Just thought this would be those who dont want to drop about 90 bucks on eyelids!

Thanks guys,

Travis
Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

ooo post some pics when u get them and post some pics of ur black RA with the red streetglow =)

i was gonna do seomthing liek that but then again ... no money =P
Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

This sounds interesting, let us know how it goes (with some visual aids, of course ;-) ).
Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:41 PM

Sure thing... Stupid site says "allow 5-12 days for processing and 5-7 days for shipping." Hell... if could be 2 weeks before I get these things. I'll give you feedback as soon as they are installed. The only thing I'm worried about is that they will just look like black stickers. Which I guess that's what they are but they wont have the little 3D effect that the expensive one's have. It's worth the shot!
Old Jan 21, 2005, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

if you go to your local vinyl sign shop, they will have left over garbage vinyl that they cut off the sides. we just grab those and you should have enough for a few sets of stick-ons

-joe
Old Jan 21, 2005, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

i would be interested to see how it looks. if you get it make sure to post pics at with your lights on. i'm currious about if the vinyl is thick enough to keep light from coming through.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you don't mind.............would you post the site?
Old Jan 22, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

pics
Old Jan 23, 2005, 01:37 PM
Account Disabled

What you are getting is a sticker, and it will look like a vinyl paste.. the polyurethane is just like those thin magnets you put on your fridge cut flat, both are not molded so it will not hug the curvature of the lights..vinyl also doesnt hold paint very well and fades quickly.. best of luck with them.

Last edited by Dave@Accolade; Jan 23, 2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

i have the material that I got for the tail overlays. They are too dark for overlays but would work great for eyelids. If anyone wants some, I can send you a 15" x 15" cutout of the vinyl for $5. what a deal! its in black and lays on just like a window tint. 10yr life time in outdoor exposure. should hold very well and wont need adhisive. pm if interested.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

sounds good, im also opposed to pay $100 for painted eyelids. Post pics when you can. Im def down to buy these.

Congrats on your RA purchase.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
sounds good, im also opposed to pay $100 for painted eyelids. Post pics when you can. Im def down to buy these.

Congrats on your RA purchase.
Thanks! Here's the site if anyone is interested:
www.autoaccesorystore.com
Go to Interior and you will find the eyelids from there. They also offer Carbon Fiber Eyelids for something around $79.99. I sent a question to them earlier this evening asking if the vinyl sticker is the same shape as the Polyurethane eyelid. I'll let you know what I find out...

Also, for the guy who wanted me to post a pic of my red Streeglow Gold Series kit on my RA..... I had this kit on my old red OZ and have since taken them off for the winter. I plan on putting them on my black RA sometime late Feb. I'll post pics then.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

let me know i will but some
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

hmm...i went to that site but i couldnt find it....
Old Jan 23, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by arnold16890
hmm...i went to that site but i couldnt find it....
yeah, me either.

Quick Reply: For those of you looking for an alternative to the eyelids....