Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo 8 wing installed!!! [picz]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2005, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tke_413
WTF, take a look at the pics you just posted and then go back and look at the pic on the original post. He has the eyelids that make the front "look like an Evo" at night and the Evo wing. At night, unless they look/listen, somebody could easily smoke this thing and run around telling people "I beat the crap out of an Evo!!!" Granted when he finds a real one he'll get a pretty good reality check...just my .02 So next time you get offended by people saying "looks like an Evo," it's probably because at night it just might "look like an Evo."
He's right. I've already had one person say, "Nice Evo!" and two others ask if it was an Evo. All three happened durring the day. Once in a parking lot and the other two at a gas station.

Unless you have an Evo or are in the scene and are familiar with them, you just look for the wing, because the basic shape is already there. I personally look at the wing first, hood second, license plate location third, and if i can see an intercooler or red Brembo's.

I guess the only way for me to pay respect to the REAL Evo's is to install RRM's turbo!!! That should happen this summer!

Herez the side by side:

Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like those comparison shots your wing looks awesome
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

nice car...
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

nice ride bro
Old Feb 27, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by reTro
He's right. I've already had one person say, "Nice Evo!" and two others ask if it was an Evo. All three happened durring the day. Once in a parking lot and the other two at a gas station.

Unless you have an Evo or are in the scene and are familiar with them, you just look for the wing, because the basic shape is already there. I personally look at the wing first, hood second, license plate location third, and if i can see an intercooler or red Brembo's.

I guess the only way for me to pay respect to the REAL Evo's is to install RRM's turbo!!! That should happen this summer!

Herez the side by side:

Nice comparsion, I still see a huge difference, between the 2. You gotta be dumb to not tell the difference. I don't even have a evo spoiler and i get "nice evo, get the big spoiler". Even in the dark, if you see the LP on the trunk... its a ralliart. In the dark, I don't see hids, or hear a BOV or see the WIDEBODY frame. Any o2-o5 es owner can put an evo8 spoiler on his car and still get "nice evo". Go to any other website, if people post a evo kill first thing they say is "you sure it's not oz w/ the evo spoiler".
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

don't forget the rear windsheild wiper, RA's dont have that either.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlowRyd
don't forget the rear windsheild wiper, RA's dont have that either.
Forgot that one!!!

I thought we had the same doors, but you can see in the picz that the lines on he back doors are a little different. I can't tell that about the fronts.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

biggest diff i notice in the front is the 2 big *** holes in the middle
Old Mar 10, 2005, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

I got my wing in today, it came into my dealership. Gonna get it painted tomorrow. I have a yellow RA so I was thinking, painting the sides of the wing yellow then the actual deck part of it a flat black since its just fibreglass. Should I do that or just paint the entire thing yellow? Thoughts?
Old Mar 10, 2005, 07:48 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliarv
I got my wing in today, it came into my dealership. Gonna get it painted tomorrow. I have a yellow RA so I was thinking, painting the sides of the wing yellow then the actual deck part of it a flat black since its just fibreglass. Should I do that or just paint the entire thing yellow? Thoughts?
Gloss black, I don't think flat black would look good.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

man that looks just like the one off of RRM...is it the same wing? when i went to the dealer they also told me it was like 1400 bucks but they never said nothin about a 400 buck one...i would jump all over that
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:44 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 2004Ralli//art
man that looks just like the one off of RRM...is it the same wing? when i went to the dealer they also told me it was like 1400 bucks but they never said nothin about a 400 buck one...i would jump all over that
Ask your dealership about the cheaper one that is offered along with the aero kit for the Ralliart. It's not CF like the real Evo spoiler.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

my pants have been creamed
Old Mar 12, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

yeah thats the method i did, and they shipped one similar to the rrm one although they said it was "original mitsubishi" part which was all just fibreglass. The spoiler they brought in for me is evo VIII styling but everything about this one seems a tiny bit thicket. Like you know in the pics where you can see 4 bolts. Mine doesnt have that its all smoothed out and rounder. Also the deck piece of the spoiler is much thicker so hopefully no vibrations. Its getting painted right now and it goes on tues. I also have to buy a new third break light. But Ill get some pics up when I get it on asap.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good, thanks for the pics. Looks like I might be swapping an evo owner wing for wing. He wants the more subtle wing, and I want the OEM Evo wing.

I'm also glad to find out that it is a factory bolt on. That makes things easier.

Quick Reply: Evo 8 wing installed!!! [picz]