Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

would it be to rice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2005, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmmmm, 5 inch tachs are right up there with the green glow in the dark NOS seat covers.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

No Tach!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Asking people if something's "rice" is becoming "rice"

Okay, that was a joke, but that's how it's becoming...
It's your car & you have to drive it everyday... No one wants to install something that they're going to not like & have to rip out... SOOOOOO... if you like it do it... If you think you won't like it... don't take the chance!!!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why would RICE emphasize gaudy or not tastefull? wtf are you exactly trying to say? explain it.. i mean, why don't you just say its gaudy and not tastefull instead of claiming it as "RICE" would it occur to you guys saying RICE is disrespectful, to the asian community, you guys give bull**** about uncool lookin asian hooked up car? ten bucks says most asian import tuners will pwn everbody in the US? thanks. stop saying rice.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

^ Tru Taht
Old Feb 18, 2005, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pinoynoskillz
why would RICE emphasize gaudy or not tastefull? wtf are you exactly trying to say? explain it.. i mean, why don't you just say its gaudy and not tastefull instead of claiming it as "RICE" would it occur to you guys saying RICE is disrespectful, to the asian community, you guys give bull**** about uncool lookin asian hooked up car? ten bucks says most asian import tuners will pwn everbody in the US? thanks. stop saying rice.
i wrote the the post and i think you are right im sry for being disrespectful im not going to say thing are rice anymore and as for the tach its going in
Old Feb 18, 2005, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

naw it wouldnt be "rice", unless you can eat 'tachs' now, but it would be UGLY and USELESS!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

5 Inch tach is so Oryza Sativa !
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

just put the 5 in tach in your car and who cares , what anyone thinks, i'm sure i'm not gonna ever meet you nor are most people on these forums .
and someone just give me a real meaning of rice???? asian imports???
i mean if you want to get honest everything to do with sport compact's would be rice, i mean when i was drag racing on the back roads over 10yrs ago if an import came up to the line and was gonna drag race people would call it a rice mobile, but now that times have changed and it has been accepted and popular why is that when someone does someting to their cars that one person may not like it's called ricey??? people even say if you put a kit on your car it looks ricey, come on .

if you don't want to be a hipocrit buy an import and don't do nothing to your car, don't go out and buy an imort and put aftermarket mods on your car and then call someelse's car "ricey" so do whatever you want man to your car without wondering what someones else thinks. just my .05 cents
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerseyjap
...just my .05 cents
Leave your nickels to yourself. We only allow penny comments in here.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Rice :

1. A cereal grass (Oryza sativa) that is cultivated extensively in warm climates for its edible grain.

2. The starchy grain of this plant, used as a staple food throughout the world.

3. Jerseyjaps car j/k
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

I'm asian and take no offense to the rice comments because I use that same term myself. Having to put up with another black evo in my neighborhood with mods that may be considered "rice" is painful to watch. It was even more painful watching him get owned by a SC300 the other day. Moral of the story, if he had spanked that SC300, I wouldn't have cared how much he riced his car. What hurts the most was that I was driving my wife's car when they passed me up. Anyway, going back on topic, do what you like. To each is his own. Whether we think it's rice or not, it's your car. We have no control over that. Heck, people may think my EVO is rice because of the banner on it... Just don't get owned by a NA SC300...
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

i am asian as well and take no offense to the term rice. but i would never call an import too ricey or whatever if sit there drivng my car with stuff done to it.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

pinoynoskillz, thats the point I was trying to make in the first place. Everyone uses the term rice as another word for gaudy or tasteless. I was saying that instead of sounding ignorant and having a single word vocabulary people should actually say "that's gaudy" or "that looks like ****"

Its like the people that say "that's gay" when they really mean, "thats dumb". It just makes people sound ignorant.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

no tack.....but you could put a wind speed gague on ther...just shift at a certian wind speed...kinda the same. It would look just as cool.

Quick Reply: would it be to rice