Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

RRM BODY KIT PICTURES & REVIEW!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sheety deal man. I hope they work out for ya. Keep us posted, Im curious to see how this is handled.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 12:14 AM

Outlook not so good. Why hasnt RRM posted any kind of response on here, arent their kits suppose to be the best quality. I pray the kit I get from accolade does not have any kind of problems. I wish you the best of luck. This is DRFTK1NG with four-o-clock news, good night and god bless.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Can I ask why Accolade is on here once again trying to undercut another vendor???

You guys are really making your company look immature and petty. If you guys spent as much time finding other company's flaws and promoting your company in other people's threads as you do on your own product flaws and customer complaints, your company would be the shiznit. There is an active thread in OT right now dedicated to yet another unhappy Accolade customer. How bout you guys take care of that and the tons of other threads started with people complaining about your products and services.

Last edited by bigdoggy_dog; Aug 20, 2005 at 12:36 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

well, honestly, I believe RRM doesn't have much to say, the pics show it all, so I don't think they have to say anything in this thread, they just have to handle it with ev-slo personally. Right now ev-slo is the only one who has even posted pics of the RRM kit and news about fitment and what not. If more guys who ordered the kit start reporting the same problems, then it prolly would be a big issue.

but Rob is a kewl guy, I'm sure he'll help out ev-slo any way possible to resolve this issue. good luck ev-slo.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
Can I ask why Accolade is on here once again trying to undercut another vendor???

You guys are really making your company look immature and petty. If you guys spent as much time finding other company's flaws and promoting your company in other people's threads as you do on your own product flaws and customer complaints, your company would be the shiznit. There is an active thread in OT right now dedicated to yet another unhappy Accolade customer. How bout you guys take care of that and the tons of other threads started with people complaining about your products and services.
+1

seriously, no other vendor needs to speak in here other than RRM, but like I said, they don't have to, they just need to speak to ev-slo personally.

maybe accolade is just trying expose other company's flaws to keep the heat off of them and complaints about them.....who knows, but this isn't the first time they've done this.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

i'm not a regular poster here but i've been lurking the forums everyday for several months now. i've purchased a few RRM products (none as expensive as the evo 9 body kit) and all the products turned out great...i would have expected the body kit to have a perfect fit or something close to perfect, but from the pics, the fitment is unacceptable. i'll admit it, if i were to fiberglass a body kit myself, it will look like crap (of course, haha), but we're talking about RRM here...after months of production on the kit, you would think that our Lancer experts would have some type of better quality control...i don't know how they can even fiberglass that wavy rear bumper and pack it without noticing that it's obviously not straight...what i'm wondering is...and i think RRM should be the one answering this... did RRM know when fiberglassing and packing the rear bumper that it was not straight? if they did know, then i guess the rear bumper really IS supposed to look like that (egghh). i think that the waves in the rear bumper were noticed during the molding process but somehow it went shipped. the original sideskirts that were to be sent did not meet RRM's standards so they delayed shipment...obviously b/c they noticed the problem. if RRM noticed the problem in the rear bumper, i don't think they would have shipped it out.
on the other hand, RRM has done great things for the Lancer community, and this is probably just one big messup which i'm sure Rob and the rest of his crew will admit to. for 1000 bucks of RRM product, we would expect near-perfect fitment, or at least documentation about any fitment issues.
IMPORTANT: customers should not have to wait until the first batch of a high-quality product is sent out before they make they're purchase...considering the hype for this kit, and the months of production, the first batch should have overcome all the fitment obstacles, or at least those obstacles should have been addressed so that even the first person receiving the kit would not have to run into any major problems.
it will be interesting to see how RRM handles this situation...Rob and his crew are good guys when it comes to customer service handling...we'll see how things go
btw, i think Accolade should stick out of this thread unless they know that they are a perfect company

Last edited by saecoes; Aug 20, 2005 at 01:59 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi

ive been on here mostly just reading what others have posted and trying to keep up with all the mods and new parts everyone is doing and coming out with. well i am currently still thinging about getting the RRM kit but was going to get it in carbon. different look all together, but im going to wait till some get there kts installed and such as carbon MUST BE perfect. Yes this might have been a oversight on RRMs part but im not going to sit here and make a big deal out off it till i start to notice that everyone is having the same problems with there kits. SORRY and i feel bad that your kit didnt come with the quality that we all exspected it to be. Hopefully ROB and carbontrix will get this issue resolved. I really do want my kit but it will have to be off REALLY HIGH quality for me to spend the money they quoted me for it. other option is to just go with there kit in fiberglass. yes i know you can take it to the body shop and they can fix it but for the price there should be no if any fixing off anything on the kit. Like i said though will wait till i see a few more up to make my finall joice on this.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just checking in and wanting to see whats going on with the kit and how everything is being handled. let us know if there was a problem with the molds or what? i was wondering if they didnt let the fiberglass set long enough and when they shipped it out it worped or somthing ??, is that possible ?? just let us know whats going on as im very curious as to what happend like i said ^ waiting to see how others turn out and how this turns out before i make a final joice on mine.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznX TL
it sucks.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:33 AM

Well???????????

I'm glad that I didn't purchase that kit. It dosen't fit well. also very wavey rear bumper. well Accolade makes a better kit. Tom kit all tha way
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sure glad I don't give a crap about body kits.....

I've yet to see anything for the exterior that I like or would even consider putting on(other than grills).
Old Aug 21, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

im still sighing over this thing no contact from RRM or rob
Old Aug 21, 2005, 04:45 PM

what ever

well I work at a company that orders kits from them all the time. Well that's what ya get when u order from rrm. what a wavey kit ya got there/
Old Aug 21, 2005, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

This is ridiculous, i have to take the kit off. I would really rather not drive my car then with the kid on, i like how it looks. But its so wavy. im so upset right now. 3 people today said "wtf happen to your back bumper". Im sorry RRM, i didnt spend almost 1200 to spend more money to have it fixed. I bought a kit for my 02 accord, 450 dollars. PERFECT! EBAY BODY KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my brand new car now looks like ***. this sucks.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

rrm please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: RRM BODY KIT PICTURES & REVIEW!!