Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Custom sub box in wheel well

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2006, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been giving this some thought as to how to mount in the floor of the car at least 1 sub and still keep boot space and spare wheel in place... and after having looked at it for some time now I believe it is possible, but you would need to make it into several pieces basicly you do leave the spare in there and as it is inverted there is a nice big space in there inside the rim itself so this is were the subs will be placed it will be a simple case of making a base plate and frame to sit inside the rim then using a fleece to line it and secure it to the frame then start laying fibreglass to this area once it is hardened remove from the boot make lid were the subs will be mounted onto and then attach top piece to bottem piece.

You will have to make it so that it sits higher than what is currently there but it would only be raised by 2" as for being able to remove from the boot you need to have access to the sides so another couple of side pieces need to be made but some thin bits of MDF will do the job and if you want to get clever you can flush mount the amp in these bits

it is similar to what I did with my other car were I flush mounted a 10" type R Alpine sub and got a great result sound wise and a nice finished of boot area because I continued on with fibreglassing the side carpet in the boot for more sound proofing I think I got 128db
Old May 9, 2006, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EnJaNir
Looks good, but I'm going to be particular here...that isn't the wheel well
lol...its in the general area. I have always called it that.

No, I only have one sub in now, I wanted to see how this went before I started on another one. I plan on it though. I really want to go back to 12" so I may scrap this (or sell it) and do it again

I am planning on mounting my amp on the side somewhere, I just havent figured out how exactly I want it. I am going to have the middle section hinged so that I will be able to access my spare tire, so moving the amp is a must.