Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Body kit progress, 04 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lunchbocks
oh and by the way, the car will be for sale upon completion of the kit. i'll decide on an asking price later, i'm gonna be asking slightly above book price most likely because of the several grand in body work but it'll still be cheaper than an evo
Why all the work if you are selling it? AND, why are you selling it?
Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
off topic....isn't accolade just a distributor, and they just sell these body kits that they source from some company in Asia? Not positive about that, but I think that is the case.

on topic....not a big fan of body kits, especially after all the fitment nightmares I have heard from soooo many people (not just on Lancers either). This kit does nothing for me....post pics later to show the finished product, I am curious to see how it turns out.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick cell phone pic:

Old Jun 13, 2006, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by reTro
Why all the work if you are selling it? AND, why are you selling it?
i thought i was going to keep the car longer, i bought the kit in november but it took several months before it got here. the lancer has always been my daily driver, i was going to make it look good and sound good with a stereo and be happy with it because i had a bike for my fast vehicle. well, in january i crashed my bike and the kit still took 3 more months to get here and i figured i might as well put it on so i am. and i figured if anything, mine will be more appealing to certain buyers and maybe it'll sell quicker.

all in all, i'm selling the lancer to go get a sports/performance vehicle to start workin on because i dont like being without something quick, thats really about it.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Bigger company then you! Selling products on fourms like this isnt easy nor fast. Don't say RRM is fast either, took me 3 months for my kit.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

how long it takes to get your kit doesn't mean jack if the quality is **** poor. I've read many complaints bout the quality of Accolades kits on these forums, but I haven't read much about RRM's other than yours. The only thing I hear about RRM's is that most guys don't like the look.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 06:16 PM

um yeah i didnt really intend on this being an accolade vs rrm arguement sooo how bout maybe we end it now

i've never purchased anything from rrm so i cant really sway either way with them.

now obviously i have dealt with accolade and i can say with 100% honesty that i would never do business with them again, nor recommend them to anyone nor their product in general.

looking past the 5 month shipping, past the lack of email response, their shipping process is obviously mediocre because my parts sustained damage, particularly the front bumper which required at least half a dozen areas to be re-fiberglassed. the prep/primer service for extra cost was a waste, the primer was almost as rough as raw fiberglass and it was so thin that it was gone just by trying to sand it smooth and remove the glue from their shipping stickers. the hood's entire surface had to be recreated because of easily felt waves. the cutout for the hood prop had to be cut ourselves and the front bumper did not have any kind of predrilled holes for mounting and no grilles to speak of were included.

ok, enough of this, all in all the front end of the car looks pretty decent after about 50 hours of prep work
Old Jun 13, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

well you really made it look great compaired to a few others i've seen. You do better work than alot of body shops. Keep it up.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
well you really made it look great compaired to a few others i've seen. You do better work than alot of body shops. Keep it up.
thanks, i worked alongside a guy who used to work at a body shop but now does sidework, basically we just took our time as much as possible, he has a really good eye and feel for the surface imperfections. the paint, clear, primer, reducer, etc was all ppg, so i spent the money on materials too but everything was worth it, it turned out well, the color matches pretty damn closely.

theres one thing you can see in the pics on the hood, just a little custom touch but i'm having a hard time getting a picture
Old Jun 14, 2006, 05:33 PM

a few more pics in my for sale thread for those who are interested
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=206452
Old Jun 15, 2006, 02:37 AM
Evolved Member

Looks really good would love to see a pic of the front of car from a ground level so as to get a better idea as to how low that front bar is... but the finished look is great you guys did an excellent job well done and good luck with the sale
Old Jun 18, 2006, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

has anyone seen the lip kit on a car. I wanna hear how the fitment is
Old Jun 18, 2006, 07:32 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Eclipse2Lancer
off topic....isn't accolade just a distributor, and they just sell these body kits that they source from some company in Asia? Not positive about that, but I think that is the case.
Accolade US is a distributor that uses the name and imports kits made by Accolade overseas. So you're both right and wrong.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

I just visited the Accolade site and noticed that they have just updated the products listed they now have the evo 9 and not sure how I missed it last time but a lip kit for the front bar but is vented this looks really cool I like it a lot - I would actually put it on my stock one but I hate the middle piece that seperates the head lights
Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

trade someone with an 06 front bumper

Quick Reply: Body kit progress, 04 Ralliart