Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Accolades kit arrives

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2007, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accolades kit arrives

I ordered the kit back in mid November and collected it today.... from the very begining I have had nothing but great support and fantastic service from them...

When I ordered the kit I needed help in filling out various forms which I got from Dimantha he also notified me that payment had gone thru... he also kept me informed of how the order was going asfar as packaging etc and he also sent me pictures of how the kit was packed they sent me all the paperwork needed for going thru customs and also a Estimated Time Arrival the kit left there warehouse on the 28-11-06 and arrived in Singapore about 4-12-06 and arrived here in Australia on the 18-12-06 - unfortunately due to the holiday season the port was very busy and they were not able to get to clearing my stuff till the begining of this week - which I also found out that I needed an extra document which they sent me a copy of to forward onto Accolade which they responded within hours of me sending it off... this is why i was late in getting the kit which was all due to the new customs laws here in Australia - it had absolutely nothing to do with Accolade at all they did everything that is possible there service levels are impeciable

After spending several hours travelling to and from Perth to collect the kit I was very keen to see what my money had bought - after finally working out the best way to open the crate and removing the very carefully packed kit which was individually wrapped and sealed then additional foam blocks to restrict any movement was taken out of the crate I spent a few hours going over each individual piece - the Evo 8 front bar - the Hyper side skirts- the rear bar - the front fendors the eyelids...

Now I have helped several people with there bodykits in getting them prepared for painting and fitting - and to say that this is one of the best bodykits I have every seen is a big call for anyone but it is truely one of the best and I can compare this kits quality to an original Veilside kit... most kits are thin flimsy and feel brittle to the touch - nearly all bodykits that I have seen and worked on need a reasonable amount of prep work with sanding and a little putty work or re gel coat in some instances which is all very normal for a fiberglass kit.... I can not see 1 single area that needs any attention at all in fact the kit is so good that you could just about paint the kit as it is... it feels very solid to the touch it is thicker than anyother kit and that includes ABS kits in fact I thought at first I did have a ABS kit - the other striking thing that I noticed was the level of finish not only is the outer skin finished off but so is the internal or underside finished as well - this is something that you almost never see - this is a first for me to see a kit finished like this. I was a bit hesitant about the front fenders like will they be strong enough but when you pick them up and feel the weight and the strength you just know that it is going to do the job and do it with confidence

Not being able to resist the urge I grabbed the sideskirts and test fitted it to the car - fantatsic it fits very snug with almost no gaps - I say almost because it is too hard to tell what gaps are there till it is fitted completely but as far as I am concerned it is perfect- I have not done any of the other parts due to time but I will be doing this over the next few days.

I am so happy with the results of how the kit looks and how good the quality of workmanship is that I will not hesitate for a moment to get another few parts from Accolade my next purchase will be a Evo9 front bar and a Evo bonnett they made this purchase an absolute breeze to do and instilled within me a confidence to buy again the service and products have been outstanding - congratulations Accolade on a wonderfull job.

Last edited by chowetime; Jan 4, 2007 at 01:53 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

kool, get it on a pikkas asap
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:10 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the kind words and excellent review Chowetime. =)
Old Jan 4, 2007, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

^ not a problem guys - the kit is fantastic quality and will be a breeze to prep and fit.... I went over the kit again and still could not fault it - there are absolutely no marks or anything on it and no prep work to do on the kit, it is going to save me so much time and money due to the great condition it is in - I am in fact going to take it to a local bodykit supplier guy and show him what the kit looks like... he said he had never actually seen a Accolade kit before... and was nervous about getting one - I think when he sees this he will certainly change his mind.

Something I didn't mention was that I like the way that you secure the mesh to the kit very neat way of doing it much better than the ways I have done it in the past.... also the sideskirts another neat way of doing it having the small connection points under the car all built into the skirts itself excellent work.

again thanks very much for all of your help
Old Jan 4, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

take some pics of how they secure the mesh also I wanna see
Old Jan 6, 2007, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

have taken some pics of the kit most people have pm'd me for pics of the front quarter panels - something that I sort of over looked a little was that the Accolade front quarter panels is that they have built into the panels extra glass to aide in giviing it much more added strength and toughness at a reasonable guess I would have to say that while most of the kit is about 4-5mm thick these extra strengthened sections feel much closer to being a good part of 8-10mm thick and there is quite a bit of it there... anyway here are a few pics
Attached Thumbnails Accolades kit arrives-mesh-clip.jpg   Accolades kit arrives-extra-reinforced-section.jpg   Accolades kit arrives-left-front-fender.jpg   Accolades kit arrives-side-skirt2.jpg   Accolades kit arrives-rear-bar.jpg  

Old Jan 6, 2007, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

nice trampoline
Old Jan 6, 2007, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

lol... needs a new matt the birds here have been hungry lol...
Old Jan 6, 2007, 04:50 AM

nice nice....now get it prep for paint
Old Jan 6, 2007, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Actualy there is next to nothing to prep just need to give a very light sand over the entire kit.... the unfortunate part is that I am heading back to work this week and I need the time now to pull the car apart and pre- fit it all up the other delay is that I won;t be fitting anything up till the car has gone thru it's final road legal inspection which will happen in the next few weeks...

But I will be posting up more pics as and when it gets completed... I am hoping thatin the next month it will be done as I have to also work in with a paint place that will help out with the painting which will be at mates rates
Old Jan 6, 2007, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Justrealised I did not post up a pic of the front bar
Evo 8
Attached Thumbnails Accolades kit arrives-evo-8-2.jpg  
Old Jan 6, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

i like the rear bumper! can't wait to see the final look! congrats and good luck!
Old Jan 11, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

good stuff mate. Cant wait to see it on ya wheels
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Flawless kit, absolutely nice.

Well done to Accolade. Nice review Christine!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it innapropriate to ask for prices? I couldn't see any on the Accolade website - or do I just email them for a quote or something?
Really looks like a fantastic kit Chowetime! A great review too, was great to read and have the quality and workmanship explained from previous kits you've had.

Unfortunately the missus just scuffed the front bumper last night on a brick pillar... Trying to convince myself (and her) that the Evo IX front bar would be a great buy.
Though I expect like most things I'll leave it to a later date and touch up and polish it out.

But it would look sooo cool!

Quick Reply: Accolades kit arrives