Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

got my angel eyes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gjgfrombigd
Yes, our cars need the relay. Any car can run an hid ballast without running a lead to the battery, it just helps the load on startup if the ballast can draw it's power directly from the battery instead of pulling all that power through your stock harness.
Unless a vehicle has hid's from the factory, the recommended installation would be with a relay wiring harness to the battery.
So when buying HID kit you want to make sure it has the
Bulbs - Wiring - Balast and relay correct?

sorry to ask such a silly question.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, our cars need the relay. Any car can run an hid ballast without running a lead to the battery, it just helps the load on startup if the ballast can draw it's power directly from the battery instead of pulling all that power through your stock harness.
Unless a vehicle has hid's from the factory, the recommended installation would be with a relay wiring harness to the battery.
i dont run mine through the relay and makes resistance and also i saw a new lancer with a 250doller hid kit an the wat it was wires was that one of the light pugs was used to power both hid ballest and when he turned it on it was an awsome strobelight but no HID , i run mine from harnis to ballest ballest to light i dont have any probs, the ballest any way draws less power then stock 9007. the ballest draw about 35w as aposed to 55-60 from the 9007.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Thanx for the info
Old May 29, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

hey guys

I'm thinking about getting these projectors from ebay but I got a few questions.

I live in Canada, is DOT the same as USA ? That might sounds to be a stupid question, but since otter told us that clear side lens are illegal, I'ld try to get an amber side lens.

Also, these headlights have 2 reflectors (1 amber and 1 clear) and 1 projector. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Where do the high and low bulbs go ? Is the low beam bulb go into the projector (the one with the Halo ring) or the clear reflector ? I'm just wondering where the high/low bulbs go on that headlight. Because on our stock RA headlight, it is 1 reflector that does high and low...I think

Our stock RA uses 9007 bulbs. I guess I can still use theses on these projectors ? I was planning on buying some either Sylviana, Nighthawk or colored Nykao (6000K style) to put them. As exemple : Sylviania super powerful for high and Nykao 6000K for low.

thanks !

Neo
Old May 29, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RalliDew
i dont run mine through the relay and makes resistance and also i saw a new lancer with a 250doller hid kit an the wat it was wires was that one of the light pugs was used to power both hid ballest and when he turned it on it was an awsome strobelight but no HID , i run mine from harnis to ballest ballest to light i dont have any probs, the ballest any way draws less power then stock 9007. the ballest draw about 35w as aposed to 55-60 from the 9007.
Yes, HID kits do use less wattage than regular filament bulbs. However this is after start up when the HID bulb warms up to operating temperature. When you turn on a system cold, the HID ballast can draw up to 60 amps at 120w. You do not want this kind of power running through your stock harness even if it is only brief. Different ballasts have different start up times that it takes the system to reach operating temp.
Use a harness that is free with most kits or just buy one off ebay for 20 bucks. Much cheaper than replacing your stock wiring harness for $500 used. And, it'll make the difference of a kit lasting 1 year or 5-7.