Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Lanzerralliart's RALLIART

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 07:06 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006_RA
Hey Lanzer, that's a tough one to swallow having to pull the trans twice.

If it's any consolation, the 2 IPS bearings are not expensive, but the labour sure will be.
I looked into buying a used gearbox to rebuild, but up here they are too expensive to be worth it.

Good luck.
Yeah I need all the luck I can get , thanks man.

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Ouch.. that sucks...

Wasn't it the Mirage LS that has the better final drive? Back when I was thinking about swapping my car to manual I was going to build the tranny with that same final drive, and one of those phantom grip LSDs or a cheap Quaiffe if I could find one. But that plan is on the back burner for now. LOL

Good luck getting this sorted out. Im interested to see what you think of the Mirage gear if you end up swapping it.
I looked for a used trans best I could ind was in the 1k range with only a 6 month warranty , a rebuild will be about the same price but a year warranty. I'm having some trouble finding just the final drive, I'd love to get an LSD in there at the same time but unless I find something stupid cheap like crans did it will stay an open diff.
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
i told you i would rebuild your tranny for you when i was in charleston

time for an overhaul buddy...find yourself a hydraulic press, a bearing separator, and a some decent sized snap ring pliers...if all your synchros are good, just bearings is easy...you don't even have to disassemble the shafts...
Yeah crans she wouldn't of made it that far probably not even out of the next county lol. There's no way I'm doing the rebuild myself even if I had all the tools I'd be over my head. The clutch job was a major pita , not to mention having to postpone the completion because I didn't have the seal for the shaft .(had to wait 4 days for it to come in from )
Old Sep 30, 2013, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Well maybe a quaiffe is out of the question but your NA, how about trying that phantom grip that Ziggy made? I believe he said it would be good up to around 250hp or something like that.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
it's so easy man...maybe i'm just really mechanically inclined, but when I do it, I can't imagine why anyone else couldn't...

For the LSD conversion...Ziggy knows the spec for our diffs, so it's just a phone call away, as our application hasn't been added to the webstore...either that or if Brent doesn't buy my spare converted LSD, it could find a new home...

I wish I could come down again, I could remove and rebuild your tranny in a day probably...2 days max...
Old Oct 1, 2013, 01:59 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

I was emailing Ziggy a few months back about the LSD at the lower price , he was going to hook me up but then I never heard back from him.

What's the lifespan of this and it on the diff.? I realllllly don't wanna drop the trans for at least another 5 years/60,000 miles.

I'm sure the rebuild will be around 1k+ , so how much is a round trip ticket to miami crans ?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

from buffalo, NY it would be like $130 each way...but that;s from tuesday till thursday...weekends are generally more expensive...

just bearings and seals, you're looking at like $200 in genuine parts.

if you have synchro and shifting issues, it would be a bit more depending on what you need...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Oct 1, 2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 05:14 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Hmmm , I'm in such a bind. I am thinking about just swapping in a new trans , well used but working I mean. If I had an auto I could pick and choose but these manual trans 4g69s are very few and far between. Either they have over a 100k , aren't complete, or are 1500 bucks shipped. The rebuild might be the only way. Still brainstorming I guess.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

rebuild it man...borrow a press and a separator and i'll walk you through it...it's really not that bad...
Old Oct 9, 2013, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Hmmm , I'm in such a bind. I am thinking about just swapping in a new trans , well used but working I mean. If I had an auto I could pick and choose but these manual trans 4g69s are very few and far between. Either they have over a 100k , aren't complete, or are 1500 bucks shipped. The rebuild might be the only way. Still brainstorming I guess.
i say rebuild it yourself

i've been in the same situation as you ever since i got my RA. the rebuild is worth the time and effort, especially when you have someone to help you out and support you. i believe that you will learn so much from doing it and you will be in the same mindset as our good friend Garrett here.

i am doing the best i can to be able to make it to Trenton before Garrett leaves for the middle-east. hopefully we can take a look at everything that needs to be done. come the time he comes back, i hope we will be ready to finally get down to business with the long-awaited trans rebuild.

hope everything works out for the better. good luck my friend!

PS: if you need a parts list, Garrett actually sent me one and i can post it up on this thread if anyone wants to see. it comes complete with part numbers, prices and totals, etc.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 05:50 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

So I found one with 60k and a 3 month warranty but I paid on the 10th and still hasn't even been shipped really getting ****ing pissed about this whole situation. I can't drive my car the way I like to because of the washing machine noises involved grrrr.

On a side note I need to make a for sale thread I have a lot of things that have just been sitting around and could use a good home...
Old Oct 29, 2013, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

if I lived closer, I would definitely buy your broken tranny
Old Nov 1, 2013, 07:58 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

I'm planning on slowly rebuilding that one with the mirage final drive and an LSD of some sort.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 03:47 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Lol soooo , I got a call saying that my trans was here. Unfortunately it was for the 2.0 lancer and now they are sending me one from Ontario Canada with 32,000 miles to make up for it. Same prie and no added shipping. Although it took about a month for one to come in from the states so I figure ill have my trans in by Christmas lol. Our cars are magnets for this kinda thing. Newbs beware lol.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

that transmission should work, but you may need to swap the clutch housing...
Old Nov 16, 2013, 09:04 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

I got my new trans from another ralliart installed she is running great , I burnt up 20 bucks of 93 octane in an hour driving around town. I'm just happy to have her running nice again
Old Nov 17, 2013, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

now you need a turbo to destroy your new transmission

Quick Reply: Lanzerralliart's RALLIART