Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Got my new digital HID kit and projectors!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amen ^^^^^^^
Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the link to the store, I ended up picking up a HID kit for one of my motorcycles.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I get the entire process finished (which should be soon since I ordered my dremel today), I will post all pics in the full write up in the DIY section. I'll try to take better pics of everything.
Originally Posted by Evoryder
need better pics
Old Jun 28, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

nice. lets see some more pics
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by toolmanblink182
Ugh! I can't wait! If I have an H3 connection for my housing, would it be possible to wire up a D2S kit to work? I am going to do the same thing cuz the projector housings I have look awesome, but the light output sucks!
No, The D2S Bulb is too long. If you were to fit the bulb in the fog housing, the capsule would hit the reflector bowl prohibiting you from installing it all the way.
Just wait for the write up, cause I'm also outfitting my stock RA fogs with 3000k digital HID's as well as another big surprise. Just wait...it'll be worth it, I promise!
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ What I want to do is remove the projector from the housing I have now and buy an actual HID projector like you did and just retro fit it into my housing now. These are the housings I have now. The projector bubble is the same exact size. I was asking how I would actually wire up the real HID projector to my car. Thanks! Happy 4th of July!

Last edited by toolmanblink182; Jul 5, 2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ What I want to do is remove the projector from the housing I have now and buy an actual HID projector like he did and just retro fit it into my housing now. These are the housings I have now. The projector bubble is the same exact size. I was asking how I would actually wire up the real HID projector to my car. Thanks! Happy 4th of July!
Gotcha! When you said H3 I assumed you meant the stock fog housing. You don't want to waste your time trying to focus a D2S in that projector. What I would do is pull out that projector and replace with a HID certified one. The TSX should fit with little modification. Without seeing the back or the inside of that housing, I can't really recommend for sure which projector to use or how to do the retrofit. I know the FX35/45's are a lot cheaper than the TSX, but they housing is a little larger.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

The main reason I'm interested in these is because the bubble is the same exact size as the ones that are in mine now. Anything will be better than the light output of what I have now. I cant even tell if they are on when its raining!
Old Jul 5, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

The main reason I'm interested in these is because the bubble is the same exact size as the ones that are in mine now. Anything will be better than the light output of what I have now. I cant even tell if they are on when its raining!
One of the drawbacks of HID in non-HID projectors is that the lense is not focused correctly to allow for the proper cutoff but even further, the projector causes all the light from the HID capsule to "bounce" around inside the projector causing more heat. I would be pretty sure in saying that a nonHID projector with HID capsules would get extremely hot and possibly damage/melt/fire something in the headlight assembly.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

I finally realize what you are trying to say. I am NOT going to fit D2S bulbs into the current housings. I am going to get these and take the bubble out of my current housings and fit these in there. These projectors use the D2S bulbs. These are the actual housings that I bought and the low-beam projector is H3. I am wondering how I would wire up the D2S HID kit to the H3 wiring already on these housings?

My H3 Projector Housing now:

FX35/45 D2S Projectors:

And they are the same 2" bubble, so it would be little to no modding to fit these in there.

2 final questions. How are you going to have High-beams and are the FX35/45 HID Certified?

Last edited by toolmanblink182; Jul 6, 2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks good man, when i did mine, I pre heated the oven to 200 and then turned it off while the headlights baked.
If your worried about leaking after, find some good sealant and apply som extra before resealing the housings.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 01:30 PM

Looks really nice! I definitely want to do a retrofit too.

Good work man!!
Old Jul 5, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

I finally realize what you are trying to say. I am NOT going to fit D2S bulbs into the current housings. I am going to get these and take the bubble out of my current housings and fit these in there. These projectors use the D2S bulbs. These are the actual housings that I bought and the low-beam projector is H3. I am wondering how I would wire up the D2S HID kit to the H3 wiring already on these housings?

My H3 Projector Housing now:

And they are the same 2" bubble, so it would be little to no modding to fit these in there.

2 final questions. How are you going to have High-beams and are the FX35/45 HID Certified?

hey, don't you have the same headlights as me? how is ur cutoff like that then? or since it's H3, is that the high beams? those arent projectors though... im so confused, haha
Old Jul 6, 2008, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

That was just an example. I took a pic last night of my terrible cutoff and I'll post it later. Mine is much worse...

See, I told you:

Last edited by toolmanblink182; Jul 6, 2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

In my write up, I will also include instructions on how I modified the FX cutoff for color if ya'll want.
toolman: Have you set the lenses from your ebay proj. and your FX side by side to make sure they are the same size? If they are off by even the slightest bit, they will not fit.

(this picture used as a reference)

Quick Reply: Got my new digital HID kit and projectors!!