Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Brand New Depo Headlights for Lancer 2004+!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please oh please post more pics of them installed! I can't hold back the orgasm any longer! I want to see pics of how clear and wide to cutoff is. I hope they are better than the ****ty projectors in my headlights. Can't wait!
Old Sep 7, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Can u also post some pics of the back of the housing? I want you to take pics with the rubber covers removed please...
Old Sep 7, 2008, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by clearskies
I personally like the 3 stripes up top. I DONT think its tacky.
They are not LED, on the back it has 1 bulb W5W which you could put an LED to take that funny yellowish W5W light out. ?
you mean that those 3 stiprs has yellow light like the small bulb used as parking lights in headlamps ?
if its that then it should be replaced by white LED. wt say ?
is it possible to do that?

Last edited by monty9991; Sep 7, 2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monty9991
you mean that those 3 stiprs has yellow light like the small bulb used as parking lights in headlamps ?
if its that then it should be replaced by white LED. wt say ?
is it possible to do that?
sorry to confuse it. its a regular W5W bulb white. its not yellow but i am just saying compared to a white LED w5w it appeared yellow.

So YES you can totally replace it and i will do so today. I cant wait. I just got home! woo hoo!!!!!

I still have not recieved my 6k HID kit yet. LAME. I think TS hanna slowed it down coming to florida on the east coast.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by toolmanblink182
Can u also post some pics of the back of the housing? I want you to take pics with the rubber covers removed please...
wilco
Old Sep 7, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

is it NECESSARY to remove the front bumper to change the head lamps. imma start now but I cant really find anything for the 04+ car.

Installation looks quite simple if its not. Even if i needed too its not that bad. Ty.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

THEY LOOK GREAT, BUT THEY DO NOT CONNECT WTF.

I am posting pictures. If you guys understand how to fix this please let me know. I just email the company depoautolights.com in reference to this.

Here are the pics of where the plugs in my car 9007 dont fit the headlamp is H7 - I dont know if its as simple as picking up some adapter but I havent started splicing yet incase i need to return this BUT it came from TAIWAN! I DONT want to pay that.

Help pleeeeease!

** BUMPER WAS MOUNTED LOOSELY FOR PHOTO **

PHOTOS - I will post large pictures to help everyone see a bit better. Ty.
TOP HEALAMP - BOTTOM LANCER

LEFT HEADLAMP - RIGHT LANCER

LEFT HEADLAMP - RIGHT LANCER

Last edited by clearskies; Sep 7, 2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

now those strips are getting to me...
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
they might have to be spliced. I got mine from overseas too and they were not plug-n-play. biggest headache in the world.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

it looks as though u have a US Lancer with the 9007 bulb, correct? I think these are actually made for the Euro Lancer that use H4! Like samj601 said, it shouldn't be too hard to splice them. I wouldn't cut the ones on the car itself. I would cut the ends off the original headlights and splice them on the new housings. About 10 minutes of work...

Last edited by toolmanblink182; Sep 8, 2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 09:46 AM

these really looks nice, but splicing the wire should'nt be a problem . i dont think ull find some converts or connector to join these connectors.

the first pic of headlamp connectore looks like for H4 bulbs ( the headlight one ), which we have these as OEM in India.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monty9991
these really looks nice, but splicing the wire should'nt be a problem . i dont think ull find some converts or connector to join these connectors.

the first pic of headlamp connectore looks like for H4 bulbs ( the headlight one ), which we have these as OEM in India.

well they actually state H7 for high beam and projectors. I will have a friend help me splice and install them in an hour. I'll be taking pics to post and looking at it again it doesnt really look that HARD at all.

So with my friends experience it should be no problem.

and I got my 6k HID!!!!!!!!!! we'll get those in as well.

Thanks for your support.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 12:54 AM

so you got ur HIDs.. kool,
splicing just looks hard but it aint that hard once you start doing it. but while doing that you should know what you are doing or you might end with blown fuses. lol.
be lil carefull..
Old Sep 9, 2008, 03:04 AM

Can't wait for HID pics, worst case you can just get the spherical lenses to suit HID's and ure set
Old Sep 9, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

I have installed the DEPO projector head lights with the 6000k HID. They look great IMO. It took a bit of work and a lot of custom splicing by a friend who used to hook up cars for a living and now has his own Audio/Visual company in So Fla.

After installation I noticed I received two different bulbs! One appears to be 6000k(on the left), the other 5000k(on the right). It was hard to tell the difference when I was right over it adjusting them but my camera showed it to me the second I took the first picture, I'll take that up with the company I got the HIDs from. Besides that the cutoff is good. Not perfect. But its also not a TSX or FX35 projector like some have custom made.

SPLICING was only necessary for HID and HIGH BEAM - I took the harness off the old lamps for the reflector lights and 3 STRIPES W5W, the Turn signal light is connected straight to the car so no need to splice just CUTTING the square to fit it into the hole.
REFERENCE LAST PIC

So what do you think about the projectors cutoffs??? (On the way home I realized the left projector is pointing a bit low. And I can safely move it up without affecting other drivers. Once it goes up the difference should be less between both projectors, REFERENCE PIC 1)

I will be replacing the reflector light(w5w), 3 stripes(uses 1 - w5w) - Which I will be keeping on, I like them. , and the turn signal, inner most light(WY21W bulb) with WHITE LED's.

I will take pictures tonight If I can get the tripod to stand in the wind. I am in South Florida and IKE's winds are gusting 30mph+++ here and getting stronger as the day progresses.

Personally, besides two HID colors. I'm satisfied.

I have NOT SHOWN pictures of high beams yet.

I will post STREET PICS TONIGHT.

CAMERA - NIKON D40

Projector Cutoffs on garage NOTE- Driveway is inclined

front

left side

right side

front

Quick Reply: Brand New Depo Headlights for Lancer 2004+!!!!!!