Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

The Body Kit thread.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Body Kit thread.

***EDIT. LOOK A FEW POSTS BELOW FOR A FEW LINKS OF BODY KITS FOR OUR CARS.***

OK. I searched. Now admittedly, im a lazy person and only searched for about 2 minutes. but i did search nonetheless. And what im looking for is a VARIETY of body kits...

we know RRM has the beautiful evo 9 body kit. And Accolade has the boxy looking body kit that makes your car look like a 89 sentra.

But im wondering if there is any other body kits at all? A no-name company, any body kits that i dont know of? I think after im done building the stage one part of the motorbuild, im gonna throw a body kit on it and paint my car Championship white. I just need a good kit. I'm leaning towards RRM, but if there is any others you guys can show me, that'll be awesome.

dont post links or pics of YOUR body kit.... please send me links to stores that sells body kits for 04-06 lancers/ralliarts. More like a shopping list, than a "check out my ride" thread...

thanks.

Last edited by Ralliart_on_LSD; Apr 20, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

ok i found about 6-7. i'll post pics/links when i get the chance. meanwhile, anybody else have any ideas where to get body kits for our bodystyle from?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Ok. So I found these

This one is Just a plane Evo 8 style body kit. I really like it alot. clean and nice.

http://www.bodykits.com/Extreme-Dime...103958/614132/

This one is probably the best looking of them all. The RRM EVO 9 kit. Like it alot.

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s..._image&pID=225

This next one is the Walker style. I sorta like it, but its just to boxy, and to much detail. I like smooth sexy lines on a car. Not wierd looking air ducts in every square inch.. But it does look decent.

http://www.bodykits.com/Extreme-Dime...110697/614143/

And Now this one is the GTR style. I think its a pretty good looking kit. A little to much "detail" like the walker kit, but its still looking pretty nice. I would say a good "in the middle" kit between RRM evo 9 kit, and the walker kit.

http://www.bodykits.com/VFiber/Body-...4MLGTR/622962/

what do you guys like the best? Opinions?? and can somebody please link the ACCOLADE body kit for me please? thanks.

Last edited by Ralliart_on_LSD; Apr 20, 2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

And i found these as well.... These are on the accolade site body-kit.com I think it is called the GTv2 kit.... both links same kit, different car. I like it a little bit. but back bumper is ugly, and front is just... eh...

http://www.body-kit.com/gal033.html

http://www.body-kit.com/gal28.html

again... feed back... what do you guys think on the different style kits? thanks for the input.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none! all too ricey! should just get rrm front lip, maybe cut out the nose on the stock front bumper, you got yourself a nice looking lancer
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

The last one out of the first four is the best looking out of the ones you linked but i have the accolade lancer extreme kit but have made the rear bumper custom to fit my diffuser and i think it looks sick.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:58 PM

the last one is the slickest
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd go with the 'GTR style' one, or the last link you posted of the first four. It flows with the lines of the car pretty well and it doesn't stand out too much.

This link has a picture of the rear of that body kit:
GTR Lancer Body Kit

What are you planning to do with your spoiler? I think that would definitely either compliment or ruin the body kit you're going to pick.. might just be me though.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I like the GTR one as well... then the RRM Evo 9 one
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

I found another one i like to. Actually somebody on the forums Pm'd me a link to a really really nice looking kit. But for some reason he wants it "on the down low" lol so i cant show you guys the link. but it does look nice. The front lip is a little to "fat" but the curves are sexy and not to much detail, like the ones above....

i honestly like the RRM kit best, but its the most expensive. the evo8 one is nice cuz its plain. which i like. its nice and clean looking. 3rd would be a toss between the "secret" kit and the GTR kit. But the gtr kit just has to much detail, and the "secret kits" lip is just to fat looking.... I have plenty of time to think about it tho lol...
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

The best looking kitted RA I've seen is probably K3lv's...stock front bumper with lip, plus side-skirts and rear bumper from Street Concept (http://www.streetconcept.com/3404.html). I don't think the front bumper on this link is too shabby, either. I like how it deletes the center bridge in the upper grille opening.

I think the RRM front bumper linked above is ugly as sin...but I guess that's just me

I wish the rear bumper for our cars that approximates the JDM Evo 8-9 (i.e., from Accolade: http://www.body-kit.com/lan04ra_evo9.html, Diavlo's Lancer) didn't stick out so far.

So LSD, after you get your mega-turbo RA back together , what do you want to do with it? Lean more toward a show-car feel, a time attack feel, a rally feel?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

its going to be a long road. especially since its a road traveled less. its not an evo or a hawnduh civic. its a "wtf is a" ralliart lancer. So its going to be a lot of trial and error. by the end of it all, it will be a quarter mile machine. driven on the road once a month on sunny sundays. towed to the track to run 10's. My goal is to get kicked off the track for not having a rollcage/parachute... Stage one of the build is done. The 12psi daily driver. Stage 2 of the build is underway and finished by late summer. thats taking RRM turbo kit to the maxx and throwing all types of boost at it. Daily driven. Than stage 3 Will be a Garret gt35r turbo, pushing over 550whp, stage 6 (yes 6) axles, and drag only slicks... At that time it will be a car you can only tow...

Between stage 2 and stage 3 of the builds, I'll be throwing on a body kit, HENCE the reason for this thread. Plus its nice to have a BODY KIT thread, with all types of links for ppl go to go on one shot.

Simple answer to your question. Goal of the car is to be a 1/4 car, and towed to car shows. It's life as a street car will be over within a year or two.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.streetconcept.com/3400.html
My old body kit. Check out my sig for more pics.
Just to let you know getting a body kit to fit right takes alot of work, time and money. you will have to modify the kit a LOT to make it fit right. But i dont think money its a large concern for you since you have big plans and it seams like you have a lot of money to throw around.
550whp on a ralliart would be sweet. Good to see some one go beyong limits.

Last edited by Red Dragon; Apr 21, 2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

lol yea... all the money in the world.... My motor has been blown up for7 months, and im only 75% done the bottom half of the motor... haha i wish i had all the money in the world. anyway, evrybody thanks for the links and posting pics of body kits... the more the merrier

anybody else find any?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 01:40 PM

I personally like the Carbon Trix. But thats just me.

Quick Reply: The Body Kit thread.