Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

NC BBOY's RIDE 56K!

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update!

Its been a while since I updated on here, so I thought I'd give a little teaser. (Sorry for the large pictures..trying to fix it but they won't some reason.)

How it was setup around last Christmas time.

I wasn't happy about the look at all. Also I was sort of mad I settled on the Rota Grids, especially Time attack. So I decided to sell them and here I am now.
Got rid of the amber side markers and the es tails with amber signal. Now I have the depo taillights and clear side markers. Felt the look was better and cleaned it up. Also keep a lookout on my rear window visor and window visors will most likely be for sale. Literally cleaning the look up and keeping it simple.

Ok for the TEASER! =P
Rims are still not on because one of them needs a new valve stem, so I had to special order that.
They should be on by next week though so I'm excited. Now I'm just saving up for a new spoiler (won't say what which I've decided on, to many people going wingless...lol) and COILOVERS! Ugh I want coilovers so bad but I probably wont get that until Christmas.
Rims are Stern 5 spoke rims, Some skylines came with the Stern 5 spokes and some were imported and even used on the foxbody mustangs. Anyways these are pretty rare and I got them straight from Japan. Enjoy!

Old May 10, 2012, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

how wide were your rota grids? and maybe you should get the smoked side markers, thats what I have on my car and like the look a lot.
Old May 10, 2012, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NorCal Lancer
how wide were your rota grids? and maybe you should get the smoked side markers, thats what I have on my car and like the look a lot.

They were 17x7.5 +45 with a 20mm spacer in the rear. I was running 215/45 tires. With the Stern setup, Ill be running 17x8 +34 with 215/40.
I was thinking smoked side markers but I don't think it will flow with the look I'm going for. You have a pic of them?
Old May 10, 2012, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nc_bboy
They were 17x7.5 +45 with a 20mm spacer in the rear. I was running 215/45 tires. With the Stern setup, Ill be running 17x8 +34 with 215/40.
I was thinking smoked side markers but I don't think it will flow with the look I'm going for. You have a pic of them?
Were you running the 20mm spacers on stock wheel studs or did you have some extended ones? If extended, what was the length?
Old May 10, 2012, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by quikkstylez
Were you running the 20mm spacers on stock wheel studs or did you have some extended ones? If extended, what was the length?
spacers 15mm and above have built in studs i believe
Old May 11, 2012, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

Raikiri is right about them being built in stud type of spacers. I ran them with the stock wheels for a little but you'll need to roll the fenders. The fronts would need like a 10 or 15 mm spacer tO make them more flush.
Old May 18, 2012, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Hey nc_ any update on the wheels or the wing? I'm curious to see what it looks like and I saw your tails on the other members (don't remember his handle) white RA. I think i might get some ES tails and swipe that idea. I think they looks so dope.
Old May 18, 2012, 07:13 AM

Those wheels are going to look great!
Old May 18, 2012, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kapitolralliart
Hey nc_ any update on the wheels or the wing? I'm curious to see what it looks like and I saw your tails on the other members (don't remember his handle) white RA. I think i might get some ES tails and swipe that idea. I think they looks so dope.
The valve stem will finally be delivered tomorrow. So I'll have them on the car tomorrow, let's just hope nothing else will keep them from going on. As for the wing I'm looking to get the holes in my trunk filled or buy a spare trunk, bring it to a local body shop and get the evo x fiberglass duckbill and have them mold it. I know there is space shown in Raikiri's pictures of it our trunk, but if its a legit body shop, they can make it work. Then I'll work on getting some evo 8/9 side skirt extensions to fit. That shouldn't be too hard. I'll do that myself.
As for the tails, they look awesome but I was just switching up the look.

Originally Posted by NonCents
Those wheels are going to look great!
Thanks! I can't wait to get them on the car!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Haven't heard an update in a while...I know how things can get busy, but did you ever get that evox wing and those sterns put on?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
nc_bboy when you put the amber vinyl on your tails how big of a sheet did you need? you think a 12x12 sheet would be enough or you think bigger?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys sorry for the late reply I've been in the fields I dI'd get the Stern wheels put on and they look great I'm just waiting to go lower also I'm going back to stock wing for now.

Raikiri yeah 12x12 is plenty just have to use a razor to the excess off or cut where you want the amber. Its easy
Ill get a pic up soon but I'm not happy with it. I should have had coilovers already and the setup I want on the car but I decided to go with the rare sterns. That is why I haven't posted pics because I'm not happy with the way it looks right now.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:40 AM

Can't wait to see how it has changed.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

here are the pics as promised. Sorry it took so long guys, I was always busy and couldn't get the car washed.

A lot of pictures but I basically did a walk around except for the front...sigh I want the RRM lip already. Anyways going back to my stock wing and getting rid of the rear window visor. Next should be coilovers, than RRM front lip and Rexpeed Evo8/9 side skirt extensions and that should complete my look.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:47 PM

Those rims fit the car sooooo well. More low and your ride would be perfect in my eyes.

Quick Reply: NC BBOY's RIDE 56K!