Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

fresh painted centercaps!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fresh painted centercaps!

i was bored the other day at work...and they were throwing out some flat black spray paint nobody needed anymore...so i "borrowed it" since my centercaps were all peeling and half silver (like the oe wheels), and half this weird yellow color(bare plastic)....

then when i was done one of the guys was like "hey...it'd look better if you use this paint stick and paint that mitsu symbol and make it 2tone"...so i did...i think it looks pretty sweet
...my wife however thinks that it doesnt match the car, so therefore it looks like crap...(the car is thunder gray, and the caps are now flat black and this flat dark red...)

anyway here it is...(btw thats just water on the ground...not some major leak..lol)
Attached Thumbnails fresh painted centercaps!-dsc01994.jpg   fresh painted centercaps!-dsc01995.jpg  
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:24 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It looks good especially given the situation. What does the wife know about cars anyway, tell her it's 3 TONE FTW !!!!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eventually I think you should spray the rest of your rims flat black and it will look better. But I'm sure what you have done is an upgrade to what it looked like before.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
It looks good especially given the situation. What does the wife know about cars anyway, tell her it's 3 TONE FTW !!!!
Originally Posted by Jabl3s
Eventually I think you should spray the rest of your rims flat black and it will look better. But I'm sure what you have done is an upgrade to what it looked like before.
LOL UPGRADE FOR SURE!!
what i wanna do is actually paint them red(or get diffrent ones...i like the 17" 5 spokes from the eclipses and figure they'd fit) and the brake calipers orange....(since every1 always does red calipers i think orange would look different and sweet)..then again now i may be stumbling into rainbow territory...lol

i also need to get my hood fixed/replaced...its been rusting on the front lip for 2 years now and the metal is starting to flake off, and its chipped all oevr..loks like a star scape(gray w/ primer and metal flakes all over)....i figured maybe flat black(if i do it...) or just thunder gray again(if new hood)...or even carbon fber..but of course that one would be much more expensive..
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:15 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I say go for the orange calipers , I haven't seen it before and think it would look good. But not with the mitsu emblems red on the center caps. Maybe paint them orange also but that might be a stretch..?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
I say go for the orange calipers , I haven't seen it before and think it would look good. But not with the mitsu emblems red on the center caps. Maybe paint them orange also but that might be a stretch..?
i figured as much...at least red was the old mitsu badge colors...but if i did paint the calipers orange id def paint the logos orange to match....but it may still look a bit weird...or i dunno maybe ill go fo the quad tone...lol
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

if any1 cares, since i mentioned it a few posts above, heres a shot of my hood area in need of repair....(or replacement...)...

thats the only area on the whole car where theres visible rust...(besides the rotors...wich never NOT rust on all cars...lol)
Attached Thumbnails fresh painted centercaps!-dsc01996.jpg  

Last edited by nekkidlad; Oct 27, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:48 PM

The caps are a nice upgrade for sure. Maybe the next upgrade will be new rims? So many different set ups would look good with thunder grey. I wouldn't replace that hood, it'd be cheaper to take it to a body shop. Unless you found a hood for cheap
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

everywhere ive asked they say about $200 to repair the hood..even the mobile paint/ding/rust repair guys ive asked...

obviously a hood would be that or more plus paint tho...(unless its CF..then its more for sure)

or...i could fix it myself all half *** (kuzz i have no clue about body work) and slap on some bondo and paint the hood flat black for under $100...lol
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:54 PM

Personally I'd go with a pro but, if you feel up for the task give 'er, dude. You'd definitely learn some stuff in the process
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vro0oom
Personally I'd go with a pro but, if you feel up for the task give 'er, dude. You'd definitely learn some stuff in the process

well what im worried most about is the car would look like crap...(wich isnt much far away from where it is now...the ft lip is barely hangin on, dings, chips and scratches everywhere...and of course the rust...also theres this weird rainbow thing going on around my windows on the black part of the door...(the top bow part of the door over the window or w/e its called)

but then again....it cant look much worse....just bad...lol
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
cf hood!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-05-06-07-...#ht_3350wt_909
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
that's expensive...
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
where would you be able to find a vis hood for cheaper?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
i have one that i paid less for than the shipping cost on the one you posted lol...

believe me, if it wasn't such a good deal, i wouldn't have one, and would never buy one...$600 isn't worth the weight savings, or the vents...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Oct 31, 2011 at 10:44 PM.

Quick Reply: fresh painted centercaps!