Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

I have Exhaust Now

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2004, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mobius97
Nope no dynos... I stumbled across the site one day and no I don't plan on buying a lancer. Just a fan of the EVO's and the powerplant. So what did you have done to your spyder? I have pretty much all of stage one of thier two stages (as told by MachV.com) http://machv.com/stagei.html
I just dont have the clutch and port work. AND whats this about.....OUR FORUM, its a mitsubishi site right??
Hey welcome to OUR site... We like outsiders man, dont worry we wont eat ya...in the daytime at least. Anyways, I posted what I had done for the most part in the other thread where you and Sartuche took over.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mitsumichael7

Hey welcome to OUR site... We like outsiders man, dont worry we wont eat ya...in the daytime at least. Anyways, I posted what I had done for the most part in the other thread where you and Sartuche took over.
OUR SITE????? WHAT IS THIS A CONSPIRECY?! Hey man Ive been around on this board since 2002!!! LOL....you registered in ummmm 2004? Welcome to MY site!!!!!! Yeah I did read about your spyder..I must say I was impressed..not sure if you were an internet BSer or not so no offense. I have stopped modding my car since last summer since it is it up for sale. It was a project car for me that never really did get finished (lasted 1.5yrs) even tho I loved it...I want something new and need to pay off a few bills before I do get something new. So right now I tool around in the day in my (What I nicknamed the "FASTRO") a 2002 Astro van I use for work. Then the 99 explorer at night. end of the year or begining of next year I will either be driving one of these: EVO/STI or a newer mustang cobra not sure as to which just yet. BUt one thing is for sure I will always be coming back to this site no matter what car I get.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Deltarider99

I started with just a replacement muffler on my OZ and the sound was bearable but believe me, once you put headers on there is no such thing as a quiet exhaust. Some days it feels like I am at an airport and other days the car is only barely loud. I have stock piping and resonator all the way from the cat back except for the straight through muffler which I plan on changing to try to quiet things down.

AS for the person who asked about Headers, RPW is trying to get someone to finish there flex pipe off of the headers they have already test fit to the RA. The headers are worth the money for my OZ so I give them a definite You won't be disappointed if you agree to do the deal with them but just remember the sound level with any header will go up. The flex pipe on their headers is between the actual header and the cat. It is not a downpipe.

WADAD
Old Feb 6, 2004, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mobius97
OUR SITE????? WHAT IS THIS A CONSPIRECY?! Hey man Ive been around on this board since 2002!!! LOL....you registered in ummmm 2004? Welcome to MY site!!!!!! Yeah I did read about your spyder..I must say I was impressed..not sure if you were an internet BSer or not so no offense.
I dont blame you, there are a lot of people full of crap on the internet. I have pics of my spyder during several stages of the development, including the day I sold it. I nearly cried. My apt. manager has a scanner so I will see if I can figure out how to use it, but who knows.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mitsumichael7

I dont blame you, there are a lot of people full of crap on the internet. I have pics of my spyder during several stages of the development, including the day I sold it. I nearly cried. My apt. manager has a scanner so I will see if I can figure out how to use it, but who knows.
Hey I would really love to see the pics of your spyder so please PM that woud be cool!!!! Always love seeing a nice DSM!!! I feel ya on the selling of the car. I cringe at it myself!!!LOL! Not only are they a sexy car but they are not very common at all (at least the turbo model). Jaxjoker (member of this board) may be the new owner. Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do to move on....but hey thats life.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

JAXJOKER is going to buy your spyder??
Old Feb 9, 2004, 07:33 PM

Uhh....mituslance..... You must have been talking about the size of the muffler (Can) because from the pic it looks like the tip is smaller than the can itself, (i have a 5" can and a 3" tip)and BTW if you ran 3.5" pipes you would LOOSE power because the engine depends on alot of the backpressure for your torque....so it would be slower....and also it helps to have a large resonator (i got lucky, a friend of mine happend to have a resonator off of a rolls (thing is like 3' long and 8" round) anyhow it makes a deep tone that is pretty different....
Old Feb 11, 2004, 04:51 PM

Talking Upgraded Exhaust for Ralliart

All,

Does anyone have an upgraded exhaust on their ralliart? I really would like to get one for mine, and im just tring to find out what's good and what's not.

Im thinking about the exhaust from road race, but I really want a full catback. Might as well do it right the first time...

If anyone has a exhaust on your ralliart, please tell me what you have, where you got it, how much it cost, and if you like the sound , and anything else that you can to help.

Thanks for the info...

Drum
Old Feb 11, 2004, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Check out the post topic "I have Exhaust Now ( 1 2 ... Last page )"
Old Feb 11, 2004, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Here's my exhaust, think I was the first on the site to have exhaust with pictures..
Attached Thumbnails I have Exhaust Now-exhaust2.jpg  
Old Feb 11, 2004, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Closer up. Magnaflow 2.5 inch core with 4 inch tip.
And yes, It's catback
Attached Thumbnails I have Exhaust Now-exhaust.jpg  
Old Feb 11, 2004, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Treilix
Uhh....mituslance..... You must have been talking about the size of the muffler (Can) because from the pic it looks like the tip is smaller than the can itself, (i have a 5" can and a 3" tip)and BTW if you ran 3.5" pipes you would LOOSE power because the engine depends on alot of the backpressure for your torque....so it would be slower....and also it helps to have a large resonator (i got lucky, a friend of mine happend to have a resonator off of a rolls (thing is like 3' long and 8" round) anyhow it makes a deep tone that is pretty different....
The "core" (piping inside the muffler itself) is 2.5 inches and the tip is 4 inches. I looked up the muffler online and then went back to MufflerTech not that long ago to talk to the guy about my friends Lancer and verified what I had lol. I heard what he said while I was there, just didn't care to remember it.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

I have a few questions on exhaust..I just bought a TG Ralliart and I want to put a exhaust on, but im not trying to spend like 400-600 dollars. How much would it cost for any local shop to make one, and what would I need..resonator, downpipe.etc...
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

might be cheaper to get the muffler/resonator off ebay and then have a shop fab the rest.

i have sent several e-mails and PM to RPW about their header and have never gotten a response. i have a friend that owns a muffler shop and can make any kind of pipe imaginable. we spent alot of time trying to get a get a unique setup for my crx when i had that. ended up with 2.5" piping going through three 12" glasspack resonators. it purred at idle and under a little load. but when you got on it, it sounded like a streetbike taking off. oops we forgot to put the cat back in
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Will 2.5" piping really boost the power of the RA? Rock from RRM told me that we get 2.25" piping stock.

MitsuLancer, have you noticed power gains from your catback?