Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Factory Evo VIII Spoiler & Aero Kit pic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2004, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is this a dealer option for whenever or are some ralliarts just gonna come with the parts already?
Old Apr 9, 2004, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MarcioTheGreat
So is this a dealer option for whenever or are some ralliarts just gonna come with the parts already?
Both. Up to the dealer really. They can equip their RA's with those new accessories to attract customers. On the other hand, you can as well purchase it from the dealer if you so choose.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by dmeluzio22
I am getting one for my car for sure. They are supposed to be available in May. I like the factory paint job idea. Makes me feel better. Might hurt my wallet more though.
That's just an EVO 8 wing man c'mon. You can go get one today if you wanted too. Just find a dealer, pay them money for it and they will generally paint it and install it for you as well. Cept those are CF and are light weight. The factory one that you guys speak of will probably cost more because you throw the word "factory" infront of it and it will probably weight ALOT more. And won't have the nice finish without the Carbon Fiber. I can pay 495 to the Fairfield dealer down here near Sacramento and they'll not only give me a CF EVO8 wing but they'll also install it for me. Just do that, It's much easier, and better in the long run IMO.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 01:22 AM

that kit is weak sos. And as for the wing its weak sos too, i will rather go with I REP 838 idea and get a real CF EVO8 wing, it has CF and that wing doesnt.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

well, I'm not a fan of the "big-*** wing on the back O' ma car" movement...and I hate things that look "stick on", like that kit does...for another example of what I'm talking abotu see the Toy Corolla S....

soo to conclude: Don't Like, don't want....waste of money...
Old Apr 12, 2004, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Factory Evo VIII Spoiler & Aero Kit pic

Originally posted by dmeluzio22
The dealer I work for just got a poster in showing what the factory spoiler and aero kit will look like. I put it on the wall of my cubicle and took a pic. The aero kit doesn't light my lamp but the spoiler I could grow to love. It is NOT carbon fibre but is the same mold as the Evo. It is supposed to come painted to match your factory color and I like that idea. I do not know the price yet. once I know, I'll post it. The spoilers are not available yet and won't be until May.

What do you think?
as much as you guys rip on this kit...it is the most sensible for the car that I have seen. It allows air to flow through the front spoiler which would have more effect being a front wheel drive car than the damn wing you guys are raving about...the sides are simple as they should be and the back looks nice also...I give 2 thumbs up to mitsubishi for not making something that looks like it should be out of 2f2f for once...the kit looks nice and accents what is already on the car...not makes it look like something it is not...the wing is purely for looks so that is a matter of taste...it really does nothing for a front wheel drive car but some people like the look (not saying I don't) just wouldn't buy something that isn't very functional...thats just me...

anyway 2 thumbs up 2 mitsu on the kit...looks nice...
Old Apr 12, 2004, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

IMO the kit would be cool if someone bought an ES Lancer and wanted to put their own wheels on it and dress it up a bit. On a Ralliart I wouldn't like it.

the spoiler I like. It may be TOO much but I still like it.

The true factory Evo 8 carbon fibre spoiler is very very expensive. Some dealers sell look a likes that are not real carbon fibre or are not fully carbon fibre. some places sell the "carbon fibre spoiler" but it is fiberglass on the side and only carbon fibre in the middle. If I did one I would want a real factory Evo 8 spoiler.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, i think the ralliart stock lip kit looks better. It's all about that evo 8 wing though. I gotta get one
Old Apr 13, 2004, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Hmm, I'm beginning to see the crowd on this board and maybe I should start browsing the EVO forum instead...atleast those guys have a reason to get that kinda crap on their car because they have the ponies to back it up ..and ...oh yeah..it's a real EVO... Come on guys, if you make your car look like another car what does that say?

1: you wish you had another car but couldn't so you settled for something else. Which with all the money some people are ready to spend on this crap they could have gotten the original car they are trying to imitate...hmmm

2: have no sense of tuning in a car because all you want is looks. Nothing wrong with just looks if you want to impress the local junior highschool crowd and get dusted by every car known to man when you try to show off...

This kind of crowd is why I got rid of my Eclipse. Very little actual car knowledge. I don't want to be associated with the 2f2f crowd and that is what it seems most of the people on here are into (ralliart forum). I don't speak for everyone on here because I have met some people on here with some knowledge but for the most part i feel like I am stuck with a bunch of highschool kids.
I have a feeling we have a lot of people getting this as their first or second car and it shows with a lot of the juvenile talk about cars on here. Lets atleast make the car stand out a little more and not look like something it's not or something that is already out there. That's no fun.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah man, I know what ya mean. lol
Don't get me wrong though....I like the evo kit for the RA....and its not that I'm trying to immitate a EVO.....i've always liked the evo....I just can't get them here in Canada.....

But there ARE alot of car noobs here.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Daddymac
Yeah man, I know what ya mean. lol
Don't get me wrong though....I like the evo kit for the RA....and its not that I'm trying to immitate a EVO.....i've always liked the evo....I just can't get them here in Canada.....

But there ARE alot of car noobs here.
well that makes sense then...I wasn't aware that it wasn't available up there. There are a lot of people in the states who would pay lots of money to have a kit made for their car that looks like a car that they can buy here.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by raelic
Hmm, I'm beginning to see the crowd on this board and maybe I should start browsing the EVO forum instead...atleast those guys have a reason to get that kinda crap on their car because they have the ponies to back it up ..and ...oh yeah..it's a real EVO... Come on guys, if you make your car look like another car what does that say?

1: you wish you had another car but couldn't so you settled for something else. Which with all the money some people are ready to spend on this crap they could have gotten the original car they are trying to imitate...hmmm

2: have no sense of tuning in a car because all you want is looks. Nothing wrong with just looks if you want to impress the local junior highschool crowd and get dusted by every car known to man when you try to show off...

This kind of crowd is why I got rid of my Eclipse. Very little actual car knowledge. I don't want to be associated with the 2f2f crowd and that is what it seems most of the people on here are into (ralliart forum). I don't speak for everyone on here because I have met some people on here with some knowledge but for the most part i feel like I am stuck with a bunch of highschool kids.
I have a feeling we have a lot of people getting this as their first or second car and it shows with a lot of the juvenile talk about cars on here. Lets atleast make the car stand out a little more and not look like something it's not or something that is already out there. That's no fun.
Dude, I am sorry, but get over yourself. You are SLAMMING a group of people for no reason here. Do you have points? Sure. Most of the people here are young (our car is affordable for younger crowds so that is going to happen), and not everybody is concerned about "looking like something they are not". I agree that there are a lot of noobs here. But to slam people who want the Evo kit, or wing just cuz it came out in a movie isnt fair. I personally am 26 years old. I have NEVER been into body kits or gaudy aftermarket wings or air bags with neon lights. I personally find it rediculous, but I dont get into peoples comments and **** in their bowl of cheerios either. I like the Evo style wing. I like the hood. I think that kit is MUCh better than some of those other things out there for cars like the Civic and Eclipse and Lancer. The RA will soon have all the "ricey" stuff available too, as the car ages. There are people here who like to look good and not give a rats *** how fast they are. They are everywhere for a reason, looking good doesnt get tickets, being fast gets expensive on SO MANY levels. (Tickets, maintenance, Insurance, etc.) This kit is dealer provided and is VERY subtle. Will I buy it? Nope. If the reason you got rid of your Eclipse is because you were trying to get away from "that kind of crowd" than you chose the WRONG CAR to buy instead because there are going to be just as many modding their cars like this. If you wanted to avoid this kind of thing, you shoulda bought a Lincoln LS.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Also, I am planning on purchasing one of these wings after they are made available, depending on what the price looks like. Maybe a dealer will be able to do a group purchase, who knows...

I think that when it comes to car tuning, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There's always going to be guys who will mod the crap out of their motor, throw drag slicks on, and take it down to the track. On the same hand, there will be guys who slam it on 19's with a kit, as well as underbody neons and minimal engine mods. And both of those crowds are fine with me.

I guess I'm just trying to say that as long as what the person does makes them feel good about themselves, then more power to them. Coming from the J-body scene, there were guys who had these ridiculous trailer-queen show cars that couldn't out acclerate most Hyundais.....but they loved their rides, and that was all that mattered.

Modding cars just to impress other people is garbage, though. Sticking crap on to "build street cred" will do the complete opposite. I think the aftermath of the FATF scene will be with us for quite some time....hell, I'm guilty of thinking some of that stuff is cool myself!

As long as we don't get people on here thinking that can mufflers and cone filters will give you 30 whp, I'm more than happy with this current scene. I think we have a really strong core of enthusiasts who can teach some of the younger guys a thing or two about "proper tuning", not "Autozone/Pepboys Modding."
Old Apr 13, 2004, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

no sir I don't like it. The wing will look better with a lowered car with 17/18 wheels but that kit is super duper ghey
Old Apr 13, 2004, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by raelic

Why are you bashin on us (RA owners)? Some guy posted a picture of a kit and we are just giving our opinions about it. The only thing that looks like an evo is the wing and even with that our car still doesn't look like an evo. Also this forum is about style not performance so if you want a post about performance go somewhere like the engine forums.

Quick Reply: Factory Evo VIII Spoiler & Aero Kit pic