Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Accolade body kit material question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2004, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accolade body kit material question

I was looking at accolade's website (body-kit.com) and noticed under material used for their body kit is says "PFRP" and i'm just really not sure what they mean by this. i really dont want a fiberglass kit, i want urethane so i just wanted to see if anyone knows what this kit is made out of.

thanks
Old Sep 18, 2004, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

I think it stands for poly fiber reinforced plastic. From what I understand, it is very similar to fiberglass but with increased strength and durability.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 12:07 PM
Account Disabled

yes Freddie thank you, Any questions concerning our products Lunchbocks just PM me.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Dave@accolade can you post a pic of the carbon fiber hood i would love to see it because i want to buy one very bad
Old Dec 6, 2004, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dave@Accolade
yes Freddie thank you, Any questions concerning our products Lunchbocks just PM me.
Dave, several people have been trying to contact Accolade and have gotten nothing but a run around from Dimantha at Accolade. 8 of us in the Mazda6 community ordered an AutoEXE version1 front bumper from Accolade over 6-months ago in a group buy at $550 a pop.

Not a single one of us have recieved ours yet. In fact they JUST left from Asia and are supposed to arrive on US soil on December 29th and another 10 days to clear US customs.

The money was submitted in full 6-months ago, late June in fact. No one at Accolade is saying why it has taken them 6 months to actually order the damn bumpers, after an original promise of 6 weeks once money was submitted.

I read your order policy about shipping on your website, but there is something called good customer service and I see nothing but positive comments in your ranking here, even that you corrected a wrong. How about you correct a wrong for the Mazda6 community?

The latest, long, angry thread can be found here:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=25351
Old Dec 6, 2004, 01:41 PM

you notrth americans have done too much waiting. I use to order stuff from car dealers, but all they did is make me wait for weeks. I am from China, where the life style is much faster than here. If you want something, you just buy it, the dealers would have them in stock, if not, you can order it and it'll come in a week, if it doesn't come you can ask for hugh discount and the dealer will accept. Also, north americans always play with "business day", well in China everyday is business day.

I dont mean anything bad about North America just let you know you if you go to East Asia(China,Korea,Japan), you'll probobly lead a much faster life style, and orders always come fast.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 01:54 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 84FordMan
Dave, several people have been trying to contact Accolade and have gotten nothing but a run around from Dimantha at Accolade. 8 of us in the Mazda6 community ordered an AutoEXE version1 front bumper from Accolade over 6-months ago in a group buy at $550 a pop.

Not a single one of us have recieved ours yet. In fact they JUST left from Asia and are supposed to arrive on US soil on December 29th and another 10 days to clear US customs.

The money was submitted in full 6-months ago, late June in fact. No one at Accolade is saying why it has taken them 6 months to actually order the damn bumpers, after an original promise of 6 weeks once money was submitted.

I read your order policy about shipping on your website, but there is something called good customer service and I see nothing but positive comments in your ranking here, even that you corrected a wrong. How about you correct a wrong for the Mazda6 community?

sorry to say, but thats what happens when your order it directly from them (overseas). 5+months of waiting is normal from what i've seen around here. several people have ordered kits and the same thing happens. best thing to do is to wait till dave@accolade has them in stock.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 02:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by .L.
sorry to say, but thats what happens when your order it directly from them (overseas). 5+months of waiting is normal from what i've seen around here. several people have ordered kits and the same thing happens. best thing to do is to wait till dave@accolade has them in stock.
yes thank you .L., rest assured all who were in the Mazda 6 GB will recieve their bumpers with much speed once in U.S. hands.. we once handled a similar GB that was delayed at port but once we unloaded we shipped out next day !! with expedite services.. so I do hope you all will show great patience in this last stretch in the mile.. as you have all showed it above and beyond to date.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

84FordMan

You've got your own thread @ your 6 forums, do you think posting here after many, many emails to the company is going to matter? You obviously signed up here just to **** on Accolade...why not grow up and keep it off of our forums?
Old Dec 6, 2004, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Azure
84FordMan

You've got your own thread @ your 6 forums, do you think posting here after many, many emails to the company is going to matter? You obviously signed up here just to **** on Accolade...why not grow up and keep it off of our forums?
After many, many emails to the company with no reply and seeing that he is an active member here and not on our forums or any other I could readily find? Yes it does matter to get someone other than Dimantha involved in this.

As for the grow up comment, I am quite grown and run my own shop. When a dealer calls me to tell me a part that I ordered for a customer's car will not be in as they promised. I don't just shrug it off and tell the customer they have to wait another day and make other plans without sympathizing a bit with them. I offer them a trade-off, I take a little something off their total bill to make them feel better about us and come back to us and recommend us to all their friends. That is how my shop succeeds when it is placed in an area littered with private shops, mobile repair shops, and shadetree mechanics. They can all do it cheaper than us, but it's the customer service and professionalism that keeps them coming back to us.

That is my whole point, that Accolade should of stated from the begining that a 5-6 month waiting period was to be expected and not promised 6 weeks. Hindsight is 20/20, so as a good business they can offer some form of incentive, it will hardly change their margin of profit at all to cover UPS/FedEx overnight or 2nd day air shipping to the doors of all who paid. As that thread shows, there are alot of people who will never do business again with Accolade and are leaving with a sour taste in their mouth. Some are even selling their cars and who knows, they might get another car that Accolade supplies kits for and join a forum and discourage everyone there to not buy from Accolade.

I do appreciate Dave's quick reply to this and his professional attitude.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Can ya feel the burn
Old Dec 7, 2004, 08:12 PM
Account Disabled

Exclamation Correction- Autoexe Gb

Originally Posted by 84FordMan

__________________________________________________ ______________

AUTOEXE GB,

CONDITION WAS FOR 10 BUYERS OF THE AE BUMPER MGG2000.

BUT GB ORGANISER IS UNABLE TO FIND 10 BUYERS
SO WE AGREE TO FIND TWO AND THE GB ORGANISER 8.

SEPTEMBER 11 WE ARE PAID BY PAYPAL FOR 7 BUMPERS
SEPTEMBER 23 OUR TWO CUSTOMERS PAY FOR TWO BUMPERS
SEPTEMBER 24 WE DO TT ( WIRE ) TO JAPAN TO OUR JAPAN COMPANY.
OCT 21st WE GET 4 BUMPERS and 6 YET TO BE SHIPPED BY AE
NOV 12 th WE GET THE REST OF THE BUMPERS
NOV 23 BUMPER ARE SHIPPED VIA SEA
DEC 30th ARRIVAL DATE IN USA
JAN 7-10 DAYS OF CUSTOMS CLEARING

US$ 550 with a FRONT BUMPER + SHIPPING + CUSTOMS PAID + DOOR DELIVERED TO OUR US CUSTOMERS.

ORIGINAL VALUE OF THE BUMPER

71,000.00 JPY = 688.744 USD + SHIPPING ( AROUND US$ 1000 FOR SHIPPING )

WE ARE AWAITING ADDRESS OF THE US CUSTOMER SO WE CAN PRE PLAN DELIVERY TO US CUSTOMERS.

TO DEC 11 th ITS STILL 3 MONTHS.

My Email address is dimantha@body-kit.com

If you are using a AOL ACCOUNT YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE MY EMAIL DUE TO AOL SERVER. I KNOW ONE PERSON EMAIL OTHER THAT THE GB ORGANISER< BUT I HAVE REPLIED TO ALL HIM EMAILS< SADLY I HOPE HIS ACCOUNT IS NOT AOL>

ATTACHED IS 10 BUMPER BEING SHIPPED TO USA ON 40FT CONTAINER
Attached Thumbnails Accolade body kit material question-img_7069.jpg