Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Racer Xs Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
have you fitted the manifold/turbo yet?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Update for everyone....... Manifold got lost in the mail, don't know where it is or when I will get another manifold... I've been working at a new job where I have to drive two hours to get to one way so time working on the car has stopped. Only thing I've done is a side transmission mount that broke.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

"lost"...or some guy at the post office drives a lancer...
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
"lost"...or some guy at the post office drives a lancer...
lol!

Agreed tho!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

Deleted as it was unnecessary

Last edited by RacerX-Ralliart; Nov 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

Just in case Anyone wanted a update this is our conversation, couldn't take a day off of work until now because I've been on 90 day probation so now it's over I take a day off to go to te post office and they say they don't understand how he didn't get a tracking number because he should have gotten two one on the insurance slip and one on the receipt also is the contents of the box was worth 500+ dollars why was the insurance only 50 dollars which seems like a red flag to me... My last text was followed up by this email

Which really upsets me because I live in a nice neighborhood and there is always someone home gauranteed, and the 3 inch exhaust was never made nor shipped so that upsets me even more. Also I provided him with a manifold flange for the manifold.. And I've been promoting him on and off the forums to friends and family on FB. After I sent him back the manifold it took him 5 months to get it back and when I asked if he shipped it he said yes than he said if I can wait if he sends the air intake along with manifold so I had to wait longer for that too aswell. I have messages from April saying he will have it out to me by the end of the week, than in June again saying it will be out by the end of the week, than in July saying its boxed up waiting to be shipped, and later ask me to take measurements for another project he is doing, than that UPS sent it back to him due to mix ups, and at the end of July I get a picture of the manifold which I asked for when he was finished with the manifold... Take it how you want I guess just feeling scammed right now
Old Nov 23, 2013, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

that really sucks dude, but he has a point, he can't really give you a refund without receiving the product...and the deal he offered is pretty fair. The manifold was in your hands once already, why would he turn around and scam you now?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Crans.....That was my point......but, instead of posting all over the forum, why wouldn't you just call me. I was trying to be fair in this matter.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Because I'm very frustrated and I want every body to see what I am going threw right now, I don't want to have to wait another year for another manifold to be made it not fitting, me sending it back than chance for it to get lost again... And there is no guarantee that the first manifold will even work since it was still a prototype and never mounted. Im also frustrated at the fact that I had to wait so long for the manifold to get sent back because he was too busy working on projects that we promoted why wasn't I priority? The post office is very surprised that he doesn't have at least one tracking number since he should have two, and it also doesn't prove that the manifold was shipped it just proves he paid to have it shipped. The reason why I'm feeling scammed is that when I had the manifold sent back chase said he basically had to build me a new manifold so I feel he is just trying to get me to pay for the materials it took him just fix the first one, and I never seen a picture of the intake tube so how do I know it was ever made or shipped out? And again I paid for a 3 inch exhaust and downpipe to be made which was never made or shipped out so why can't I get a refund for that item? And there's no actual way I'll ever know if the manifold got sent back to him... Also why didn't you just call me Chase?, instead of sending me a email...

Last edited by RacerX-Ralliart; Nov 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

this matter is better delt with between the two of you...plus you just flooded an entire page of your build thread...

I can understand your frustration RacerX...i'm very sorry to hear this news...I was really looking forward to your build...
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Don't worry I will be getting in contact with another vendor for a manifold, or now that I have a higher budget because of my new job I might just buy a welder and try to weld myself a log manifold... I couldn't sleep at all last night over this I only got 3 hours of sleep last night
Old Nov 23, 2013, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

don't sweat it...things will come together...they always do if you keep your head up.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Although the military's M.O., "hurry up and wait" was the worst part of my build. I found other related projects to start and keep busy with, ie; mods I could do to the car and still drive it without taking it out of service. Hackish's manifold didn't come into the picture until way later.

Sorry, is this your daily driver?

Last edited by truthdweller; Nov 28, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry, is this your daily driver?
Yeah it is but one of my old teachers just bought a 97 Subaru wagon with 126k miles for 600 that I might just take off his hands than I can start tearing down the lancer..
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Have you fitted the IC, got the charge pipes and routed them around the crash bar yet? As you know, removing the front clip became childs play for me after a while and I could tackle bit by bit without taking the car out of service for more than (8) hrs. at a time.

Quick Reply: Racer Xs Turbo Build