Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

How good is the 4g69 SOHC MIVEC head compared to twin cam EVO head?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 01:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How good is the 4g69 SOHC MIVEC head compared to twin cam EVO head?

Planning on forced induction in the future, and wondering if it is worth turboing the 4g69 with the SOHC head, or if I am better off swapping over to a DOHC head from an EVO? From everything I have read the 4G69 is similar to a stroked 4G63 with weaker internals... but I don't know how much having a SOHC head will affect performance if I go to a forged bottom end and forced induction.

Keith

PS: Used to have an EVO VIII RS pushing 550 HP at the wheels, and later on a 12 sec 2010 Ralliart sportback so my hunger for HP is not a small apatite
Old Jun 24, 2019, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Planning on forced induction in the future, and wondering if it is worth turboing the 4g69 with the SOHC head, or if I am better off swapping over to a DOHC head from an EVO? From everything I have read the 4G69 is similar to a stroked 4G63 with weaker internals... but I don't know how much having a SOHC head will affect performance if I go to a forged bottom end and forced induction.

Keith

PS: Used to have an EVO VIII RS pushing 550 HP at the wheels, and later on a 12 sec 2010 Ralliart sportback so my hunger for HP is not a small apatite
If you can source a head, I would go with the 4G63 head, for the sole reason that it will be much easier to source an exhaust manifold...pretty sure you'll need a control harness and ECU as well though...