Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

newb question...exhaust question

Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newb question...exhaust question

Ok, so I've looked around plenty, and cant seem to find a straight answer...i love the look of the magnaflow exhaust 14829---from the pictures i've seen anyway...and ive never really seen anybody complain about magnaflow...so is the only thing I have to do is buy it, and then pay a shop to weld it on? or am I missing something...that seems a bit too easy...I have no plans for a downpipe, or anything like that. I would go rrm axleback, but I cant justify spending 300 dollars on that when magnaflow exhuast #14829 i could have for only half of that (or so).
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FDMH27
Ok, so I've looked around plenty, and cant seem to find a straight answer...i love the look of the magnaflow exhaust 14829---from the pictures i've seen anyway...and ive never really seen anybody complain about magnaflow...so is the only thing I have to do is buy it, and then pay a shop to weld it on? or am I missing something...that seems a bit too easy...I have no plans for a downpipe, or anything like that. I would go rrm axleback, but I cant justify spending 300 dollars on that when magnaflow exhuast #14829 i could have for only half of that (or so).
order it... take it to the muffler shop... have them weld it on.

Done.

I mean since you don't wanna go catback or dp back.... i'm going through blk-majik and getting the complete Catback and then i'm going to weld on an Apexi N1.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

its not that i dont have plans for a catback...i should say resources...realistically i dont think i will have the cash to do it...i have so many mods i want to do, but not enough money...i dont see myself getting that into it...but sell me on the catback...tell me why it would be good to get it...then who knows...maybe i will!!!
Old Feb 21, 2005, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Realistically ... your exhaust is a very good flowing exhaust... for stock...

the interior is 2 1/8" and exterior 2.25"... Now... there is the possibility that you can be all stock and go to 2.5" exhaust with a downpipe/ high flow cat/ resonator / muffler of your choice...

I chose Apexi N1 Turbo Muffler as I do plan going turbo over next winter... However i think i'm going to get my catback 3"... you will be traditionally louder but with the resonator it will be a good loud ... not a raspy assy sound.

You will lose low end torque for high end power possibly.... but put a CAI and you'll have plenty of that Low end torque back...

In other words if you want better sound and a good bit of better performance (especially the down pipe.... as blk-majik has pointed out numerous times that it's almost a kink). The downpipe is probably the only major restrictive point on the exhaust piping, but going a little larger with a high flow muffler will be in your favor if you continue to mod. I.E. you'll see more of a power gain when adding other mods than if you just had a muffler/axel back...

Any more questions? let me know!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

No need for a catback unless turbo, our exhaust systems are efficient enough. The reason the rrm axleback is expensive is cause you just bolt it on and you're done. If you weld on a muffler, and you dont like the sound, your screwed.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

thanks BLKRalliArt04, I appreciate you steppin in...you a good moderator! anyway, i see you have the rrm axleback...ive seen pics of your car with it on...from everything ive heard, magnaflow sounds good, and i haven't heard any complaints...id go rrm axleback, but money is a bit tight right now...maybe ill just got with magnaflow #14829 and call it a day...it would actually be my first mod!!!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good luck with that.. i'll be going with blk-majik beginning of march to have our Cat-backs installed. then to dyno day the same day. im getting my cat-back first... then later on down the road ill just get a dp with high flow catback.

Search this Thread