Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

How much WHP would that give me ???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much WHP would that give me ???

As far as power mods i got Injen CAi , RRM axle back , joes crank pulley .... i was thinking of buying these during the winter for next summer :
RRM Piggyback , RRM Downpipe , RRM Port Polish Intake manifold, RRM Flywheel, Essential Speed Throttle body bore , ..... how much WHP would u guys think this would give me ??? .... i want to stay N/A with a maximum of power . Thanks ..... i got money to buy one every month so when the summer comes , install it all at the same time in a day wicked

Last edited by waxwozax; Sep 15, 2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

Well, we know that Intake, Exhaust and Piggy = 30 whp. Add all the other stuff and I'd say you are probably good for around 50-60 WHP or more. I'd think you'd have slightly over 200WHP with a car that has really quick shifts.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 07:22 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I think 200whp is too optimistic. Cars with CAI + Axleback + Piggy have only dyno'd around 155-160whp. Downpipe is good for another 8-10. Same with the manifold/TB combo. 175 or so is a reasonable expectation.

All of this depends on what kind of dyno you're using. Best bet is to dyno your car now, before you mod it any furthur, and get a baseline. After you do the mods, go dyno it again. Share you numbers with us, plus the type of dyno you used.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, no way in hell you're gonna get 200whp. Maybe 20 with all of those mods.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

200whp is probably not what you're going to see... I'd be surprised if you're up to 180 even... I've noticed that the RA's always seem faster than they are because they are so torque-y!!!
Old Sep 16, 2005, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by waxwozax
As far as power mods i got Injen CAi , RRM axle back , joes crank pulley .... i was thinking of buying these during the winter for next summer :
RRM Piggyback , RRM Downpipe , RRM Port Polish Intake manifold, RRM Flywheel, Essential Speed Throttle body bore , ..... how much WHP would u guys think this would give me ??? .... i want to stay N/A with a maximum of power . Thanks ..... i got money to buy one every month so when the summer comes , install it all at the same time in a day wicked
Well seeing that the RA dynos all over, the most frequent ive seen is 145-151whp. Not saying thats what it dynos all the time, but lets just use that as our base since there is a dyno form ultimate racing putting down 145/149. I have no clue what the TBB would give you and a flywheel doesn't give power, it free up power and make the engine revv faster.

145whp (STOCK) +30whp (I/E/ECU) +8whp (PULLEY) +10whp (DOWNPIPE) + 12-15whp (PORT POLISH IM) = 205/209. Now, that's high... so ill give the car the reasonable doubt and take of 20whp, which is 185/189. Now, that's just a rough figure, but it could be somewhat right.

You can get 200whp out of the RA, but you need to get it tune. Get a s-afc2. I had one, but figure going cheaper route and had a friend install, well... that wasn't the smartest idea, so have a shop install/tune it. One guy gain 10whp and 12trq from his s-afc2 tune.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by otter
I think 200whp is too optimistic. Cars with CAI + Axleback + Piggy have only dyno'd around 155-160whp. Downpipe is good for another 8-10. Same with the manifold/TB combo. 175 or so is a reasonable expectation.

All of this depends on what kind of dyno you're using. Best bet is to dyno your car now, before you mod it any furthur, and get a baseline. After you do the mods, go dyno it again. Share you numbers with us, plus the type of dyno you used.
Don't forget that these mods all work together and that he's also planning on getting flywheel and already has pulley so he's freeing up the horses that weren't going to the wheels that he already had. I'd really like to see what all of these mods would do together because I was thinking as a complete system with all these mods you should see some SERIOUS gains and I was thinking somewhere around the 200WHP range.. I think 200 is doable in an RA... then again I'm new to modding... but I am an engineer and all these mods together will produce more HP than if installed separately obviously. Just wondering exactly how well they work all together.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

200whp N/A is possible.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

thats my goal before July
Old Sep 17, 2005, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

Ihope you have some success with all of what you are trying to achieve... I am however most interested in the T/B setup that you are thinking of using as I have just seen ours that we are going to be getting here in the next few weeks and it will have the fly by wire setup - which is rather disappointing so I am wondering what other info you have on doing this mod in particular and what side effects you may expect like no cruise control or higher idle etc

You may also want to add to that list a new clutch - reason being is that the power increase is going to be quite substantual and I do believe that it will be quite possible to achieve most stock factory clutches are only good for 25% gains in power and you are going to be aiming for nearly 70%

please forward me any info that you can on T/B even if it is just a website to check out
Old Sep 17, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.essentialspeed.com/shop/d...y=&cat1=8&cat2= ...... they make it but i was wondering too.... i have to call them and get more info on this ! , oh and lets say stock 150 whp ... 200 whp is 50 hp gain , 150/50= 33.3 percent HP gain.... not 70
Old Sep 17, 2005, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welll let me be frank... i LOVE this website, but everybody on here thinks they know everything... they know some stuff, but for the mostpart, they are clueless...

i own every mod INSTEAD OF the downpipe... i raced a civic hatchback with 174 whp (engine swap) and i beat him (close, but i had him by 1 1/2 car lengths) ...i also beat an rsx with 181 whp bean him by 4+ carlenghths, and endless of modded up cars that i wasnt sure what there exact numbers were... you do the math kids...

no offence, much love on the forums, just gettin tired of people thinking they know what they are talking about while they only have 4 mods done to there RA..... the only way to know for sure is drop 6000 dollars on your car and findout for yourself like i did..... you'll be very impressed

before you guys comment, complain, and doubt what i just said... dont bother, i dont feel like argueing with you guys. im not trying to fight, im just telling you guys facts.

Last edited by Ralliart_on_LSD; Sep 17, 2005 at 03:12 PM. Reason: incorrect numbers
Old Sep 17, 2005, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

and i know what you guys are gonna say... "go dyno your cars and post up" ... theres only one dyno around me and its 190 an hour to run it.... after dropping 6 g on my car, im...

POOOOOOOR!!!!
Old Sep 17, 2005, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

spelling

alright.... sorry to post up 3 post in a row.... but after my 2 previous comments, i forgot about the ralliarts best friend... tourqe

maybe we only have 170 or so hp at the wheels.... but we probly have 175-185 tq at the wheels.. which is GREAT compared to other cars... a stock integra gsr has 178 hp and 119 tq (i think) soooooooo maybe our whp isnt in the 200's yet, but our tourqe will simply eat hondas and crap out acuras lol

like i said... i didnt dyno my car yet... but i am one of the very few people who have everything done to there RA (again, instead of the downpipe) so i am one of the only few people who knows what there talking about...

and yes poeople... clutch and flywheel made a difference too... buy it before you claim it doesnt

********.....still waiting for RRM to sponser me for there east coast guy lol

Last edited by Ralliart_on_LSD; Sep 17, 2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by waxwozax
http://www.essentialspeed.com/shop/d...y=&cat1=8&cat2= ...... they make it but i was wondering too.... i have to call them and get more info on this ! , oh and lets say stock 150 whp ... 200 whp is 50 hp gain , 150/50= 33.3 percent HP gain.... not 70
I was actually going on the numbers that we have been quoted that this motor will give us here which is only 120 hp and 22nm of torque at the wheels so I was figuring if you were able to make an extra 70% hp at the wheels it would b nearly the 200hp but like the other gentleman said to reach these sort of power numbers you are certainly going to need to drop a bundle of money on it and it will be needing more than just bolt on mods may need to look at changing the cam over to something that will give more top end, which will mean a small sacrific of bottem end but can be evened out buy better flow of intake air.....

RalliArt on LSD - just a quick one for the money that you dropped on your car what mods did you do and is there anything I need to be aware of in the way of side affects, eg is there any loss in slow drive ability - my previous car needed to be revved a little to slip the clutch/ride the clutch to just creep around a carpark - it was a skill that had to be learned.... thanks for your input much appriciated

Quick Reply: How much WHP would that give me ???