Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

06 RA with tanny problems

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's cool that they are fixing it under warranty----as they should.
But them trying to blame it on you for that is BS.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.teamrip.com/Evolution.html
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

what was the point of posting that?
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

trust me, its not going to be the newest car in their shop... And its warranty work, so I wouldn't get in too much of a hurry... Warranty work usually pays the techs less time than it takes to actually fix the car... Techs usually don't get in too much of a rush when other work is waiting....
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Perhaps he meant for you to check out this page

http://www.teamrip.com/TRE%20LANCER%...20SERVICE.html
Old Sep 11, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by k3lv
Perhaps he meant for you to check out this page

http://www.teamrip.com/TRE%20LANCER%...20SERVICE.html
Yes, that's what I meant.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SocalES
califonia lemon law says if the car is in the shop for a combined time of 30 days in the first 18 months or 18000 miles of owning the car, it is a lemon.

ill keep everyone posted
i see that u are in SO CAL so just wondering what stealership has your car??
Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by SocalES
06 lancer RA 5-speed manual

well today i got in my car and went to back out of my garage, put it in reverse like normal and started to let my clutch out, it felt like the e-brake was still on, so i made sure it was off. it was all the way down and the car wouldnt go backwards. it felt like the rear wheels were locked and i was trying to push against it. it started to move after i revved a lot higher than normal and started to release the clutch. it finally moved and i got to the driveway and put it in neutral and let it coast down the driveway.

i put the car in 1st and it did the same thing, like something was pushing against it. i revved a little higher than normal and released the clutch slowly, the car jerked and finally started driving like normal. when i tried to shift into 2nd i had to force it out of 1st and it went into second ok. and im sure everyone knows, when you are almost at a stop and your clutch is in and you put a little pressure on the shifter, it slides into 1st with ease. well my car grinded so i let off everything came to a complete stop, then i had to force it into 1st like there was some kind of block on it.

when i got off the freeway to the dealership, i slowed down, came to a stop put it in neutral and let out the clutch, the car stalled on its own. i started again and i was letting out the clutch and the anti-lock light came on. i just cruised to teh dealership and dropped it off.

called 4 hours later and was told that they have to tear down my transmission! WTF??????? the car has 2500 miles on it and something is wrong with the tranny? i mean i do drive it hard but it got somewhat of a breakin for the first 500 miles and the first oil change at 1000.

the service guy told me that they wont be able to tell me what is wrong until the tranny is gone through and i asked about a rental car. he told me there will be no rental until they find out what is wrong with it and how much it will cost to fix.

shouldnt this be covered under lemon law? there should be some kind of way for me to get a new car or atleast a rental until this one is fixed right?

ps: sorry fior the long post, im really really angry right now.
That's exactly how my trans issues started. Unfortunately, following a rebuild for that my trans developed furthur problems and ended up back in the shop for 2 more rebuilds until finally a fully assembled unit was put in. Hopefully you don't have to go through the same thing, it's a pain.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

the car now has a slight grinding when i shift hard into 3rd. i dont know if its because of the short shifter or what, but im kinda angry about it.

the car was at Norco Mitsubishi, and to be completely hoenst i dont liek them there but i dont like to drive to riverside to get it looked at.