Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Beta testers for a reflash?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beta testers for a reflash?

First I was wondering if anyone happened to have a spare RalliArt 2.4l ECU for sale or donation? I have not been successful at locating a spare locally and can't risk a customer's ECU on a reflash that may not be successful and may even leave the ECU inoperative.

Please contact me via PM.

Also, in the next few months I will be interested in an NA engine that has been built to take higher than stock RPMs. I already have a turbo model available but the valvetrain and such is stock so I'm not willing to risk over-revving it just to prove something works.

-Michael
Old Jan 26, 2009, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hackish
First I was wondering if anyone happened to have a spare RalliArt 2.4l ECU for sale or donation? I have not been successful at locating a spare locally and can't risk a customer's ECU on a reflash that may not be successful and may even leave the ECU inoperative.

Please contact me via PM.

Also, in the next few months I will be interested in an NA engine that has been built to take higher than stock RPMs. I already have a turbo model available but the valvetrain and such is stock so I'm not willing to risk over-revving it just to prove something works.

-Michael

PM'ed
Old Jan 26, 2009, 05:42 PM

Would Success in reflashing the ralliart open up possibilities of reflashing the ECU for the 4G Eclipse GS? They share the same engine.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure. I've never seen one of those ECUs. One thing at a time. I've been working on this reflash thing for a while now. At first I designed a piggyback but found it was too expensive to produce so I've been concentrating my efforts on this one thing. I will have to see how successful it is and what the demand is like.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is an opportunity for the 04-06 Ralliart crowd to finally get something done....lets get on board with this and se where it goes.....

I am in........
Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why not, i don't have an ecu to contribute but i interested to see what can be done
Old Jan 27, 2009, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

ill be sending him my spare in a day or so ill let u guys know when he gets it so we can all keep our fingers crossed im switing to a standalonesoon anyway to maby he can end up using my old one as the part u buy and u must send him yours then when he does it the turn around time will be much faster hopes this works for you all.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats awesome didn't think this project would get off the ground so fast...
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

lets just hope that this project works
Old Jan 27, 2009, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BABYEVO1
lets just hope that this project works
I have been working with Hackish for sometime now and I can tell you if anyone can do it would be him. He has done this sort of thing with other vehicles........

If we are serious and that includes me we need to get behind him and lets help in anyway we can let it be parts or financial contributions for equipment and time needed. Lets face it so far no one has been able to do it thus far, for a few bucks I am in.....I am sure those who contribute there will incentives if he can crack this thing.............

What do you say????

Last edited by OttRalliart05; Jan 27, 2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: change a thought
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

oh trust me im def in
Old Jan 28, 2009, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

As it is I want to prove the concept by altering something small like the rev limiter before I would take any deposits. At that point I will need to sign up as a vendor here anyway so I'm not there yet.

I don't know that I will be able to offer an exchange program on the ECUs because of the immobilizer. I need to do some reading on that. I also don't know about the impact of offering an immo-disabled computer - I don't really like that idea. Once I get the testers in I'll be able to see if the reflash is successful.

-Michael
Old Jan 28, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck Michael, you've been working on this RA ECU for a while.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

I've had a rom image from it for over a year. I compared it to all the evo stuff but it is vastly different. Just the task of disassembling it and determining how to send a bootloader it it, plus actually writing a bootloader and all that are time consuming. Unfortunately the piggyback approach has proven too expensive so I'm hoping a reflash would be more within the price ranges.

-Michael

Last edited by hackish; Jan 28, 2009 at 07:37 AM. Reason: clarification
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

if you get it working, ill deff be one of your first customers

Quick Reply: Beta testers for a reflash?