Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

TB Swap

Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry just wanted to make sure. I wasn't sure the gaskets would be different or not.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
so bumping an old thread. for those that have had this for a while, has it caused anyone to throw lean codes? how about during the winter/colder temperatures? any issues so far?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Raikiri
so bumping an old thread. for those that have had this for a while, has it caused anyone to throw lean codes? how about during the winter/colder temperatures? any issues so far?
+1
i'm thinking of moving to a 63mm to finish off my rebuild...
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

mine's coming in this week so before i put it on and sell my old tb i just want to be sure i wont have to switch back. i got a 4b11 guy buying it of me
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Ive had my eclipse gt tb on all winter. No codes.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No info on the lean code. CEL has been on due to my header/downpipe.

I have the 63mm and have had no issues. The only bump I had was when I first put it on, it kept turning off after a few seconds. It sounded fine, it would just turn off. If I would rev it, it would stay on..so I decided to take a drive in it and kept revving it while in neutral to keep it on at the stop signs and it learned to breathe just fine.

I'm guessing it wasn't a straight swap for me like others have said because of my current mods? I don't really know, in either case, it's been an awesome upgrade. RPMs at idle are fine. On cold starts it revs a bit higher but when it's warmed up it's fine.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:03 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my gt tb, although it hasn't gotten to cold here either. I think it got down to the mid 30s for a week it's like 90 and beach worthy at the moment.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tw3NTy0n3
No info on the lean code. CEL has been on due to my header/downpipe.

I have the 63mm and have had no issues. The only bump I had was when I first put it on, it kept turning off after a few seconds. It sounded fine, it would just turn off. If I would rev it, it would stay on..so I decided to take a drive in it and kept revving it while in neutral to keep it on at the stop signs and it learned to breathe just fine.

I'm guessing it wasn't a straight swap for me like others have said because of my current mods? I don't really know, in either case, it's been an awesome upgrade. RPMs at idle are fine. On cold starts it revs a bit higher but when it's warmed up it's fine.
anyone know if its cause of mods that would cause this? tw3nty0n3 did you unplug your batt and reset your ecu before this happened?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

I've got the Endeavor 63mm, put it on back in january when it was in storage. I drove it like once a week during the winter and it ran fine. Even when relearning never sounded like it was going to stall. When it sits for like 2 days and then i start it, it idles a tiny bit high, but only for a minute or two and haven't thrown any codes. Kind of want to try the GT 65mm and see if there's any difference, but so far its one of the best mods i've done, sounds great, and feels great.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, unplugged battery the entire time I was doing the install. I made sure everything was hooked up properly after the 3rd time it shut off. What made me decide to take it for a drive was the fact that it stayed on if I revved it even a little.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

I haven't thrown a code for being lean yet, just the code for having no cat. But it ran fine all winter long!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

mine's coming in this week
Did you get the 65mm since you have the PnP IM?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jabl3s
Did you get the 65mm since you have the PnP IM?
only 63mm. the IM is only ported on the engine side not on the TB side so its still stock size
Old Apr 27, 2011, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tw3NTy0n3
Yes, unplugged battery the entire time I was doing the install. I made sure everything was hooked up properly after the 3rd time it shut off. What made me decide to take it for a drive was the fact that it stayed on if I revved it even a little.

maybe your car stalling out has something to do with the fact that you DID unhook the battery and let the memory erase..and it had to relearn with all the base values, wich obviously arent setup for the larger TB....untill it learns "hey...im getting more air...lemme add fuel...and stay that way since that's the way ill run"..?

did every1 else unhook their battery during their install or no?...jw...
(personally i only have a SRI as mod - wich came w/ the car when i bought it -so its just a thought..)

Last edited by nekkidlad; Apr 27, 2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nekkidlad
maybe your car stalling out has something to do with the fact that you DID unhook the battery and let the memory erase..and it had to relearn with all the base values, wich obviously arent setup for the larger TB....untill it learns "hey...im getting more air...lemme add fuel...and stay that way since that's the way ill run"..?

did every1 else unhook their battery during their install or no?...jw...
(personally i only have a cai as mod - wich came w/ the car when i bought it -so its just a thought..)
I unhooked my battery and took out the older one and installed the new one. Hooked the battery back up, and let it idle for 15 minutes-ish and never had it stall once.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TB Swap