Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Starting Problems

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fixed it on my homepage, I put the times that have been published by car and driver. Damn I knew he wasn't talking **** or anything. I haven't ran the car at the track but I plan on it later this year when it opens up. I know my Talon could out sprint the Ralliart, supposdly thats what they ran, and I don't know maybe but like you said it would have to be a perfect launch and shifting at the right rpm's and everything which you know doesn't happen. When I run the car then I will update my times. Also Mobius what do you run in the Spyder at the track, and how do you like the FP Big T28, I want to get this turbo but I want to hear other peoples opinion.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

COOL! I really want to see some more numbers from normal people like us with these RA's. I'm interested in seeign what they can do. IMO they are a much better platform than the regular lancers. AGIAN GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY MODDING!!!!
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

My car has not been to the track so I dont really know what it will do hehehehe. Mine was more of a playtoy. I never really drive it..havent since August LOL!! It just sits in teh garage. I have had it for like 3.5 years and put like 21k miles on it. I just enjoy working on them. The T28 is great!!!!!!! I have the BIG version from Forced Performance. I get a little creep in the higher rpms climbing to 17psi but she is still pulling like a ***** at 7Krpm. MUCH MUCh better than the t25. I cant comment on the t28 but I wouldopt for the Big baby from forced performance. they are the onee that came out with it and are very well respected in the DSM community. Check them out 900 bux shipped, brand new!!! Go over to DSMtalk.com....they have a 635 something post review on this turbo. Most give it the big thumbs up.....
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by mobius97
COOL! I really want to see some more numbers from normal people like us with these RA's. I'm interested in seeign what they can do. IMO they are a much better platform than the regular lancers. AGIAN GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY MODDING!!!!
I agree man, they handle better, and a lot better engine to build on.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by lkwdkuraj02
MitsuLancer04....did you get your RA from Sac City Mitsu on Fulton?
I actually got my Lancer in San Jose. My buddy got his at the one off Fulton though.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by mobius97
My car has not been to the track so I dont really know what it will do hehehehe. Mine was more of a playtoy. I never really drive it..havent since August LOL!! It just sits in teh garage. I have had it for like 3.5 years and put like 21k miles on it. I just enjoy working on them. The T28 is great!!!!!!! I have the BIG version from Forced Performance. I get a little creep in the higher rpms climbing to 17psi but she is still pulling like a ***** at 7Krpm. MUCH MUCh better than the t25. I cant comment on the t28 but I wouldopt for the Big baby from forced performance. they are the onee that came out with it and are very well respected in the DSM community. Check them out 900 bux shipped, brand new!!! Go over to DSMtalk.com....they have a 635 something post review on this turbo. Most give it the big thumbs up.....
Well the FP Big28 is what I was talking about, I've heard nothing but great things about the turbo and I like the fact that it looks stock. I'm into keeping my car look as stock as possible to make people think I don't have anything then kick there *** at the track. I've only been to the track once with my Talon and I had no mods except the free stuff, I had a leaking valve cover, which didn't like the track much and ended up cracking and filling up with oil lol. Now I have a 1G BOV, UICP, and Apexi Power Intake. My next mod is the exhaust and a Greddy Profec B Spec II, buddy of mine can get it new for $270.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Sartuche24

Well the FP Big28 is what I was talking about, I've heard nothing but great things about the turbo and I like the fact that it looks stock. I'm into keeping my car look as stock as possible to make people think I don't have anything then kick there *** at the track. I've only been to the track once with my Talon and I had no mods except the free stuff, I had a leaking valve cover, which didn't like the track much and ended up cracking and filling up with oil lol. Now I have a 1G BOV, UICP, and Apexi Power Intake. My next mod is the exhaust and a Greddy Profec B Spec II, buddy of mine can get it new for $270.
SORRY GUYS WE DONT MEAN TO HIJACK THE THREAD BUT......
I would also invest in a $50 MBC (if ya got a boost gauge) now that you got rid of the crappy BOV. No sense in not turning up the boost on the stock t25 you should be safe at about 14psi 15 is the max but it heats the air way too much IMO. You removed the BCS restictor right did you at least get another 1-2psi from that? should be at about 11-12psi. How do you like the intake? I chose to go with the Dejon Tools hard pipe due to cost and effectiveness.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:34 PM

I just ordered a Dave Brode MAF pipe and have the Dave Brode UICP. I removed the restrictor and the car pushes around 14-15 without a boost controller. i have the Autometer carbon fiber ultralite 30-30 boost gauge, and the auotmeter 2G 2 pod guage bezel.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Sartuche24
I just ordered a Dave Brode MAF pipe and have the Dave Brode UICP. I removed the restrictor and the car pushes around 14-15 without a boost controller. i have the Autometer carbon fiber ultralite 30-30 boost gauge, and the auotmeter 2G 2 pod guage bezel.
Now thats nice........I wasnt that lucky and had to use a boost controller to get that extra juice. Now I dont run one cuz my BT28, the BCS works it fine at a good steady 15... I dont know how but hey if it works it works! good Choice on Dave Brode. Is he still just making the upper pipe or is he making the upper s pipe too now. He does have some good prices. Did you also check out Hahns Racecraft. They have the complete set upper pipe, s pipe to throttle body and lower pir for like 200..just an fyi. Before I was going to sale the car my next step was doing to be injectors and the GM sensor from Dejon.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Also is Dave Brode also selling the GM maf now? By MAf pipe are you talking the pipe? Did you order all the other stuff to go with it? The Translator and the and the actual GM MAF itself? What did you go with the impalla or the ls6 vette?
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:53 PM

Well I'm talking about the pipe he makes to replace the accordian portion of the MAS or MAF pipe. I plan on doing the GM MAF later on, I'm going to go with a 3" on, I found a junkyard that tests them and sells them for $25 which is not a bad deal. I would go with the Dejon Tool Blow Thru set-up if and when I do it. Have you done anything within the motor like balance shafts removed, I removed mine when I did the timing belt and it was a ***** and a half to do, especially with the motor in the car.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

OH I get ya you are confusing the inlet pipe and the actual mas itself hehehhe. Nah at the time I needed the belt changed I lived in an apt. and wasnt about to take on a project like that outside in a parking lot!!! LOL...I just had a shop who specialized in mitsu's do it. I didnt remove them just had them put new tensoners in, the whoel works when I got the timing belt changed......duh!!! 700 bux later.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 03:02 PM

I soent a total of $300 doing the belt myself, that was replacing the belt and tensioner. Just takes time to do the balance shafts and I must say I'm proud of myself, you would believe how heavy those damn thing's are. I know my motor revs easier and seems to pull a lot better now.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

My bad fellas, you know how hard it is to see if people are being shmucks in print vs just having a little fun. If I can chime in on my Spyder, I had, key word had , the Thermal RD off road pipe from the turbo back, Greddy 18g, ported manifold, Greddy FMIC, Greddy UICP and LICP, Greddy intake (came with the turbo) Profec B, Type S, SAFC, SITC, 550 injctors, walboro 255 pump, eibach pro kit, Lexus IS300 rims, ummmm I dont remember what else. Sad day when I had to get rid of her.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, this is downright WEIRD. I used to have a 2002 Spec-V before my EVO, and it had MAD starting problems. It would hesitate for a good 5 sec or so, but ONLY during "errand" runs where the car would sit for like 20 min or so and then I would restart it. If it completely cooled down, it would start just fine, and very cold temps didn't seem to affect it. The Mazda3 is having the same problem. So this is now 3 manufacturers all exhibiting the same symptoms...

Quick Reply: Starting Problems