Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Wideband Install?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wideband Install?

Question for Wideband installation for any who have done it! Since I couldn't find any concrete information for our year, would following this https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...-wideband.html Be similar for installation?

Also I remember that there is an O2 sensor bung on the OBX headers on one of the pipes, would I be able to use this ? Or should I just get one welded on the underneath near the first O2 Sesnor?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

That 09 ralliart how-to can give you a general idea, but won't entirely be the same thing.

I referenced the same thing when I did mine lol.

Similarly I pulled the wideband o2 sensor wiring/harness through the existing o2 sensor grommet on the passenger side, which required removing the kick panel and pulling the carpet up (though I modified the area around it slightly with a dremel to etch in a little notch to let the wire to sit without getting pinched, this is not necessary).

I would recommend capping the bung on the OBX header's runners if you were intending to install a wideband there, I wouldn't recommend it for an o2 or wideband sensor because the exhaust gas is too hot at that location, I don't imagine it would last very long.

My wideband bung is welded in about 2-3 inches forward from the pre-cat o2 (bank 1), installed at about an 11 o'clock, I would recommend a 2 o'clock position just so your wiring is more-so on the correct side, I tucked my little bit of excess wire using some sort of existing wiring strap, almost like a twist tie on the bottom of the car near the cat.

I have a glowshift wideband, the hardest part was hiding the excess wire that came with the bosch sensor haha
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the input! The bung on the headers have been capped, I just remember I had one there. Makes sense that it wouldn't last long due to the heat. All in all it really doesn't seem like that difficult of a job.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
18-20 inches downstream of the head should be fine...