Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

rough idle and lean condition???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rough idle and lean condition???

Hey guys this is my first post here so please let me know if there is something im not doing right. I have a 2005 ralliart and it idles a bit roughly. One of my spark plugs were black so i replaced all of them with oem NGK. i haven't checked on them since but i still idle poorly and there is a loud humming noise from the throttle body when the car is OFF. It never stalls or dies no matter how cold, but it doesn't idle smoothly either. Could it be a plug wire?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
how rough, like misfiring? could be a dead coil (not wire...or maybe wire, but likely not)or it could be completely unrelated to engine operation, like a loose or broken mount. and you must have pulled codes for the lean condition? blackened spark plugs are more typical of a rich condition. it could be a lot of things, but the lean condition is a good starting point. how does it run like when you drive it? and what codes did you pull? check that plug for spark, and also a picture of how black would be cool.

the loud hum from the throttle body is very weird, haven't come across that one yet. you say it does it when the car is off? like the whole time it's off? even when it sits over night? or does it stop at some point?

sorry for all the questions, but you have more than one issue here, and not very much information