Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

4g69 thoughts?

Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 4g69 thoughts?

sup guys, i've recently acquired a 4g69 apparently at 180000 km which is probably true and from the looks of the residual oil in there, the oil changes have been prolonged. Are there things that i should look out for, like valve springs, con rods, piston rings etc.? should i port and polish my parts while they're off, and which name brands should i go for (gaskets, timing belt, water pump).
Old Jul 20, 2015, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
We're talking about an engine thats not in the car right?

If so I cant think of any particular points of failure off the top of my head. I'd just clean it well and inspect everything for signs of wear or failure. If your wanting to port and polish anything now would be the time to do it. It'd also be the time to do a balance shaft delete if you plan to. I see no reason not to, my car has no more vibrations than it did, and it removes a possible point of failure from the timing side of things. I did a write up on the disassembly of a 4g69 motor a while back you could look that up and get an idea on what you'll be seeing. As for brands, Gates is a pretty good replacement in my experience. You'll never go wrong with OEM though, and for that I use mitsubishiparts.net .

Last edited by bakuro117; Jul 20, 2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
We're talking about an engine thats not in the car right?

If so I cant think of any particular points of failure off the top of my head. I'd just clean it well and inspect everything for signs of wear or failure. If your wanting to port and polish anything now would be the time to do it. It'd also be the time to do a balance shaft delete if you plan to. I see no reason not to, my car has no more vibrations than it did, and it removes a possible point of failure from the timing side of things. I did a write up on the disassembly of a 4g69 motor a while back you could look that up and get an idea on what you'll be seeing. As for brands, Gates is a pretty good replacement in my experience. You'll never go wrong with OEM though, and for that I use mitsubishiparts.net .
thanks man, you've got some good threads, i went to research about the blance shaft delete when i found http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pa...balance-shafts, i believe i read that we have the same block as the 4g63 so do you think this applies?