Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

What parts are in the 4G69

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What parts are in the 4G69

I just bought a Ralliart and am enjoying it a lot. I'm starting to think about what I'm going to be doing to it in the future and what the current componets are makes a large difference. I'm more of a american muscle car kind of guy and where I know how to find out parts and tollerences for small blocks and big blocks; I have no idea where this information is for my new Ralliart. Does any one know if the rods are cast or forged and out of what grade steel, same with the crank? are the pistons and rings able to take 10 pounds of boots reliablely or would that cause problems. Like I said I know chevy, but this is my first foregin car and just like with my old bird I want to do it right and not pay for doing something wrong. Thanks for the help.

04 lancer ralliart
just sold my 91 trans am which was a 350 bored .030 over, forged crank and rods, keath black flat top pistons, machined 305 heads for that 58cc pop, edelebrock rpm air gap intake, holly 750 cfm double pumper carb. th400 race trans. best run was a high 13, could never get the tires to hook up at the light.

Last edited by quantum; Mar 2, 2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

congrats on your new Ralliart...and welcome to the darkside...hehe. You will love your new RA when you really get into it. It is a different world than your american muscle. And now to answer questions that I am capable of, dont know of the rods or crank, but we do know that the outside of the pistons are thermal coated and combine that with a low 9.0 to 1 compression piston the motr should do very well with a daily driven 10 psi. Turbo tech had his at 15 psi before his clutch went out. Motor did ok though supposedly. If I go turbo before you I will tell you how it holds up to 10 psi.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

thanks

Thanks for answering the boost question, but does anyone know what componets are in these 2.4 engines. I know it may sound weird, but knowing if the lower end is forged or cast and out of what grade steel makes a difference to me in what I may try to do in the future. I'm defenatly enjoying the Ralliart and am looking foward to years of hopefully problem free driving.

P.S. I haven't quite gone to the dark side. Though I defenatly respect and think that foregin auto is a great way to do race; I'm still a die hard america muscle guy when it comes to the drag race. Hopefully in a few years I'll start on my dream car..... a 67 camaro, big block hopefull a 502 or bigger, four speed manual automatic lever trans, 12 or 14 bolt rear, tubed, maybe a supercharger..... .....ohhhh yeah thats the stuff..... . But like I said; for fun on the street I love my lancer.